Server time: 2017-08-20, 08:14

Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

Game mechanics test event?

Greyfox    12

Ever wondered how certain things work in the world of Dayz only to find that you could realistically never get the answers in game? Because let's face it, normally no one has the time or patience to test things and so a lot of information we think we know is often hear say, or has become obsolete by the time we hear it.

I am proposing a test event for science! After say 0.61 hits stable.

Prior to the event a list of questions would be taken and sorted into categories.

Example: Melee test

Damage of melee weapons.

Range of melee weapons.

Shock damage of melee weapons.

Example: Advanced sickness test

Unorthodox cures to sickness.

Time from sickness to death unattended.

Stages of sickness and types.

Example: New food values 

Food hunger values 

Drink thirst values 

Food health regeneration values 

Etc. These are just examples I thought of but I'm sure there are lots of other things people would love to find out and test.

Likewise I know that some people may have done tests in previous patches and versions of standalone but as we all know the game is constantly being added too and changed and so many of the knowledge we think we know may well have changed.

So basically I was thinking that it would be cool to gift an event to science and for people to donate their "In game bodies" for a day being Guiney pigs and helping to aid in the research of interesting DayZ knowledge.

The community is such a large one that it seems the perfect testing grounds on an event as not many other content creators have such an ideal foundation for tests on private servers with up to 60 cooperative players.

Any ideas for tests or just general feedback is much appreciated! - Greyfox

I would love more solid facts on many of the mechanics. But I don't know if an event is needed. Gather up interested people from this thread and do it on a public server?

Greyfox    12

I would love more solid facts on many of the mechanics. But I don't know if an event is needed. Gather up interested people from this thread and do it on a public server?

Yeah I was just thinking that it's kind of a waste of a 60 man private server where you could test in a spawn zone without the fear of KOS etc etc but thanks for your feedback :)

Greyfox    12

Watch WOBO's vids, he does that kind of stuff pretty well.

Yeah I had watched some of his and they are very good! Only thing is like I stated a lot of these types of videos and tests are now outdated by in some cases 2 years!!!

Daisy    108

Hmm, I like this idea. Would be interesting to learn how certaind things work and could even be fun to meet up in a large group to do these experiments. It would definitely bring some alternation to the usual dayz experiences. I doubt that you'd find enough people who are willing to serve as guinea pigs, but the idea itself sounds good. :)

No, it would be a mess. Grenades, landmines and literally everyone trolling in VOIP. It's a giant no from me, do it on public if you want to.

Beni    680

No, it would be a mess. Grenades, landmines and literally everyone trolling in VOIP. It's a giant no from me, do it on public if you want to.

Ima be honest I'd probably take the royal PISS on VOIP. Just troll the fuck outta everyone. +1 to this post(Charlie's)

Ramon    333

Just like Alex have said: Watch Wobo's videos.

Or test it out with some friends on a public server.

Greyfox    12

C'mon now the same could be said for any event! Bit of a petty reason IMO. If people are willing to risk being banned so be it but I wouldn't let it discourage people from having events because that's why we have rules on the server, so you would assume this behaviour would be more likely on a public server no?

I would have enough faith in the staff to ensure that people who are reported causing trouble would be punished accordingly.

Ima be honest I'd probably take the royal PISS on VOIP. Just troll the fuck outta everyone. +1 to this post(Charlie's)

Really?!?! Lmao says a lot about your character if you would go out of your way to "take the piss" on mess up someone's event but whatever floats your boat I guess xD

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/

And they usually keep this up to date.

Thanks for the useful and constructive response!! ::) will look into this in more detail.

Beni    680

Really?!?! Lmao says a lot about your character if you would go out of your way to "take the piss" on mess up someone's event but whatever floats your boat I guess xD

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If it's an OOC Event... Then yeah. I'll have a laugh in VOIP and stuff yeah... Have a bit of cheeky banter with the lads... 100%... I wouldn't be going out of my way at all... Obviously I wouldn't go about shouting random shit n stuff, nothing " event " breaking... Just test all the stuff you wanna test in PUB Servers, simple.

C'mon now the same could be said for any event! Bit of a petty reason IMO. If people are willing to risk being banned so be it but I wouldn't let it discourage people from having events because that's why we have rules on the server, so you would assume this behaviour would be more likely on a public server no?

I would have enough faith in the staff to ensure that people who are reported causing trouble would be punished accordingly.

And what's the harm of rounding a few friends up and trying it on a empty public server. I don't see the need to make this an event on a RP server at all. It's not a petty reason, It's a highly logical reason on why this won't happen / work. Don't let one persons views change yours though,

Make the event by all means. I'd be interested to see were it goes.

Greyfox    12

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If it's an OOC Event... Then yeah. I'll have a laugh in VOIP and stuff yeah... Have a bit of cheeky banter with the lads... 100%... I wouldn't be going out of my way at all... Obviously I wouldn't go about shouting random shit n stuff, nothing " event " breaking... Just test all the stuff you wanna test in PUB Servers, simple.

Hey man sorry if I sounded a bit cheesed off last night just got back from a long ass shift in work when I wrote the reply so I was in no mood for anything hahaha your feedback has been taken onboard man :)

It's a great and unique idea but like people have said, keep it to a public server or something. Maybe it could be good ... not sure.

Kerkkoh    44

If you are interested in how these game mechanics work, the files that include all this information are in your game folder in a pbo format. You can unpack them and go through the configs to see nutrition values, sicknesses and damage caused by weapons.

But if you want to get together on an empty public server, I guess this could be something.

Beni    680

Hey man sorry if I sounded a bit cheesed off last night just got back from a long ass shift in work when I wrote the reply so I was in no mood for anything hahaha your feedback has been taken onboard man :)

Yeah man I feel ya it's all good haha. We've all been there mate. Don't worry about it :)