Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:20
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Unknown Entity

No Man's Sky Today!

Unknown Entity    126

[video=youtube]

Anyone else hyped by this game? I know that I will be taking a leave of absence from RP the 21st of june, will you?

I know a shitload about this game for stalking it since 2013, any questions are welcome I'll answer what I can :D

Alex    465

I'm excited to see the engine's capabilities. The idea of actually 'exploring' a universe that isn't premade is nice, that theres so many variables it's like exploring uncovered places in real life. The game itself presents a large scope but the exploration part is the key bit that most people look forward to. The whole procedural stuff was really big in game dev a few years back, but no one tends to make games out of it because of how much testing and bug fixing and general effort that goes into creating something truely procedural.

I've always wanted to see a space game that is built upon real world accuracy in scientific concepts, No Man's Sky is far from this, but they've hit a few things that would be good to see in other simulators that would display scientific accuracy.

Nonetheless, I'll be mostly into the game's functionality rather than gameplay hehe.

Slash    87

The Hype is so real on this one! I just love it!

There is only one question that bother's me a bit as I haven't found an answer yet. Will there be planets without any form of life or plant growth, planets like Mars or our own moon?

I would love to see those planets as well, to give the game a bit more realism and fun! But even without it it's and instant-buy from me, I'm so pumped to fly around a black hole, search friends around the map galaxy or just to fly around in my spacecraft!

#HYPE

Unknown Entity    126

There is only one question that bother's me a bit as I haven't found an answer yet. Will there be planets without any form of life or plant growth, planets like Mars or our own moon?

Yes barren planets are a thing. Only water, only deserts, only mountains etc. In fact you can even be very unlucky and have your first spawn on one of these, or vice-versa a planet with all the resources to fill up your hyper drive in less then a couple of hours.

Shanoby    63

NO THANKS!

Ill-Just-Wait-here.jpg

Slash    87

Yes barren planets are a thing. Only water, only deserts, only mountains etc. In fact you can even be very unlucky and have your first spawn on one of these, or vice-versa a planet with all the resources to fill up your hyper drive in less then a couple of hours.

/me opens steam and Pre-orders No Man's Sky!

Thank you for the answer. That's great! The reason for the question was that most of the planets shown in trailers are full of life. Thanx uSx!

"I don't know what this is, I don't know where I go, I don't know who I am, I don't know what you do this in game - but it's really big and it has really big dinosaurs and you shoot really big space ships. And everything is procedurally generated. And it's the most crazy and ambitious game since Spore... uh oh..."

-VideoGameDunkey, 2015

Unknown Entity    126

-snip-

I actually believe I heard very few planets will actually be as "complete" as in the demos, they are demo builds in the end :D.

-snip-

Oh god Star Citizen looks amazing as well, but until they have a real and more complete persistant universe, I'm sticking to NMS :D.

They also aren't heading in the same direction so it brings some diversity.

CorbSlayer    44

NO THANKS!

Ill-Just-Wait-here.jpg

+1 for this dank meme

But for real, i think ill pass. Hasn't really grabbed by attention like Star Citizen

Came a bit late, but the HYPE is real!

Two weeks remaining, and if the game itself sucks and not /GOOD/ as promised you always have that refund option :P

Ramon    360

Yes I am HYPED for it! ;)

But guys... Maybe there is another delay incoming....

See Link !

Sir Doctor    3

I've seen a lot of this game and while it initially interested me. I had some concerns, maybe you can help me out with answering some of my questions! <3

- What is there to do other than explore planets?

- Is there a story to follow? (Even a story as vague as lore for the universe)

- I've seen gameplay of other spaceships flying around, are there alien races and planets with cities that these aliens inhabit or do they all live in space?

- Are there factions that you can align yourself with?

Cheers!

(cautious hype)

Ramon    360

oh god pls no

Please don't blame me for being Dutch... Don't kill the messenger now.... ;)

I've seen a lot of this game and while it initially interested me. I had some concerns, maybe you can help me out with answering some of my questions! <3

- I've seen gameplay of other spaceships flying around, are there alien races and planets with cities that these aliens inhabit or do they all live in space?

Cheers! 

(cautious hype)

As far as I know...

You could be a miner, or just a loot trader,

Different varients of "figther" Such as a law keeper bandit and such.

About a story... Only the future could tell!

And yes supposely stations and special locations should be around as making this game feel more alive and full with civilizations, by the way the game itself contains multiplayer, but the galaxy is that huge that meeting another player would be a super rare occasion, and there is a chance of meeting your friends ;)

And there are factions to join, not sure which, but surely they are two sided as law keepers and rule breakers heh.

Unknown Entity    126

Yes I am HYPED for it! ;)

See Link !

Sean has said over Twitter multiple times that this will not cause any delay. Apparently there is not even going to be any legal action,mearly a chat :D

Cheers!

(cautious hype)

The main part of the game is exploration. You can also mine resources for trading, fight to earn money, stay on a planet and never leave. You can do what ever you like, exploration is mearly the core.

Yes there is going to be a story. Nothing linear, but a main objrctive is to reach the middle of the universe. There is also a story around that, you can check out the NMS lore video for details.

Alien species can live on planets, space stations,t ravel constantly. You will never see huge cities however from what I've heard, but life can be found. Maybe not in a form any of us expect.

Factions are a thing yes. Their are many alien species each with their own stories and you can affiliate yourself depending on your relationship with them.

Sir Doctor    3

-snip-

Cheers for the reply!

I've looked into a bit more and I may just have to purchase it and find out for myself!

Unknown Entity    126

I just can't fucking wait anymore.

Stagsview    625

uSx...make the hype thread...

Dishes    159

YES! So happy someone made this thread!

I haven't been this hyped since Fallout 4!

Emile    98

The Game is gunna be Lit af

Defiance    96

I am really excited for this game, and will most likely be trying to buy it on release date. My roommates and I are committed fully to finding each other among a quintillion planets, and I fear that this game will consume my life as I search endlessly for my dear friends...

Strider    0

I fear that this game will consume my life as I search endlessly for my dear friends...

+1