Server time: 2017-10-16, 22:11
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
CSix

ex CDF characters?

CSix    0

Hi I'm new to the community (not finished white listing process yet) and just making my first forum post,

I was thinking of making an ex CDF character and was just wondering how many of you have ex CDF characters?

Jinx    15

Wanna say hey hope you get in.

I have a Chernarussian character but unfortunately not CDF but a Ex-Volki who would probably get along with yours.

Rory    1557

You are entitled to create whatever backstory fits you best and what you like best, however, I would personally take the time in creating something unique. Maybe read some guides and what not and some Lore & Stories and find some inspiration. Soldiers are extremely generic and done by a lot of people, Take some time and sit down and think about something unique that could deliver some amazing RP when you share your background with other survivors ingame. :)

Ive seen a few and one that sticks to mind is obviously Von cats "Alex Bardov". You should ask him all about his character as he's really well made and role played out really well.

Just a few tips if you're going to be playing an ex-CDF know the lore and don't make shit up as you, you will get called out.

Jm Von Cat    154

Well... As Apollo here seems to have mentioned I do play a Chernarussian Defense Force member, though it is "Alexander" rather than "Alex" >.>

isocade    90

I'd heavily suggest researching the absolute hell out of all sorts of different things, as well as foreign militaries and all that if you're going to play former CDF. I also would hope that you'd consider other options that may interest you, or other sort of concepts that you could possibly attempt prior to playing a soldier character. A lot of people dislike soldier characters and see them are generic, or boring, or unimaginative, and that's why I recommend something else. Nothing is worse than putting effort into a character and then no one likes said character.

Well... As Apollo here seems to have mentioned I do play a Chernarussian Defense Force member, though it is "Alexander" rather than "Alex" >.>

Hi Alex. :)

PatZ    390

My group is mainly ex-cdf members so yeah :P

this. Also if your looking for a group dont hesitate to apply ;)

Frosty    0

There is a bunch of CDF characters, and the main ones I know is Cat's character Alexander Bardov, and Enigma's Character Andrej Bardov. You need to do your research though, and I mean a lot of research to successfully play a CDF character. If you're willing to do that, than by all means go for it.

Natje    14

I play an Ex-CDF character. I would however, recommend you to play something else as your first character.

To be a CDF, you need to be able to put on a somewhat working chernarussian accent, you need to know CDF lore, and you need to behave soldier-ish.

I would recommend being a regular civillian at first, which also will help you learn living without military grade gear.

CSix    0

Thanks for all the advice guys and gals when I got up this morning I was surprised by the amount of replies, maybe I should go a little more in depth to give you all a better image of the character.

A CDF sniper, He would have grown up on a farm having leant to hunt deer from a young age.

he was posted on the rooftops of Zelenogorsk during order Sixty-two, picking off infected making sure the hazmat teams had a clear path.

He had a wife and young son back at his farm, after all that he had seen he told them to go to miroslavl international airport and try to board a plane in the commotion.

After getting news that the plane crashed into the Chernogorsk International Hotel he was broken, with the CDF thin on the ground he fled north, he found a nice little house at the end of the north west trail out of Sinistok, out in the woods where he could fish and hunt.

He remained there ever since, withdrawn from other survivors fending for himself.

I don't see him being an over bearing military type but more of a withdrawn hunter who has decided to leave his sanctuary to discover what remains of Chernarus, maybe looking to find more CDF to petrol his once great homeland to help protect its remaining people from likes of bandits and such.

Once again thank you for the support and please do share any comments and criticisms you have on this idea, its still a work in progress.

I play an Ex-CDF character. I would however, recommend you to play something else as your first character.

To be a CDF, you need to be able to put on a somewhat working chernarussian accent, you need to know CDF lore, and you need to behave soldier-ish.

I would recommend being a regular civillian at first, which also will help you learn living without military grade gear.

I have added a bit more info now , so as for mil gear the only thing he would have is a sniper, I would like to see him in all crafted leather clothes and backpack, maybe a black military vest but probably the leather storage vest.

The Chernarussian accent is the one thing that might put my off playing this character to start off with I might just play it safe and play a brit until I have picked it up.

Nolan    0

So I guess a bit of self-promotion here, but here's a link to my guide to Roleplaying as a CDF Soldier. I play a CDF soldier also, Corporal Tomas Benes. 

If you're playing a Chernarussian character I would 100% recommend that you use a Chernarussian accent though.

I used to RP as a CDF APC crewman. Desátník (Corporal) Konrad Formanek. I think ex CDF characters are awesome to roleplay, but it has been over a year since the fall of the Chernarussian government and CDF command. I think if it were that long since being in an army unit, many soldiers would choose to desert - but some may choose to be loyal to their CDF comrades. Its a matter of choice how you should roleplay your character. Make him/her ethnically Chernarussian or I find Russian also fits the picture of a Chernarussian soldier. Don't forget there is also the Chernarussian Airforce and Navy so you may wish to roleplay in a role that is more alligned to these branches. Best of luck!

I'd heavily suggest researching the absolute hell out of all sorts of different things, as well as foreign militaries and all that if you're going to play former CDF. I also would hope that you'd consider other options that may interest you, or other sort of concepts that you could possibly attempt prior to playing a soldier character. A lot of people dislike soldier characters and see them are generic, or boring, or unimaginative, and that's why I recommend something else. Nothing is worse than putting effort into a character and then no one likes said character.

Agree +1

Ghoozovich    263

So I guess a bit of self-promotion here, but here's a link to my guide to Roleplaying as a CDF Soldier. I play a CDF soldier also, Corporal Tomas Benes. 

If you're playing a Chernarussian character I would 100% recommend that you use a Chernarussian accent though.

Can confirm - awesome guide! Helped me a lot when I was making my Sergeant Vladislav Groza. It's not the easiest character type to pull off, but definitely a lot of fun. There's a lot of room for development with a CDF character, like how I got Vladislav to a high officer position in my old group - ZBOR.

There's a bunch of CDF-centred groups at any given time, so you'll have a choice to develop your character quite well. ;)