Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:09

Sign in to follow this  
Razareth

Progressive gun knowledge

Question

Razareth    218

Good day everyone, Raz here once more with a Question.

As we all know DayZ is enriched with various weapons to use.

Now my question is:

How would you from a IC and RP perspective evolve your character to learn these weapons and ammo types?

As I am a hunter. I've limited my knowledge to rifles. More specifically rifles like the Mosin, CR547 and the Winchester (As I have fired similar styled rifles in real life before).

Though I would like to venture in the the realms of the AK's. I'm actually thinking about the AK-47. Call it stereo typing, but a South African with a AK just seems a bit believable ;).

Now how would I go about "learning" to use a AK?

I was thinking along the line of finding someone to "teach" me.

5 answers to this question

I deal with weapons IRL, personally owning enough to arm a small army I know a lil about them so I use my knowledge of it IC. But RPing out as it's a CR527 or it's a Winchester when really most people should be calling them long rifles as that is what they are.

NOT everyone is going to know what a Whinchester is, or ammo type. And even experienced weapon people would'nt call them by their actual IG name.

Same goes with ammo's, most people can tell the difference between a .45 and a 9mm...

I say do some research if you want to play this style, for the love of god please dont call it a sporter 22....

Razareth    218

I deal with weapons IRL, personally owning enough to arm a small army I know a lil about them so I use my knowledge of it IC. But RPing out as it's a CR527 or it's a Winchester when really most people should be calling them long rifles as that is what they are.

NOT everyone is going to know what a Whinchester is, or ammo type. And even experienced weapon  people would'nt call them by their actual IG name.

Same goes with ammo's, most people can tell the difference between a .45 and a 9mm...

I say do some research if you want to play this style, for the love of god please dont call it a sporter 22....

Hehe. I won't call the Sporter 22 it's full name ;). In South Africa we just call it a .22 ('n pint twee twee :)) and the Winchester is just call a 308. A Mosin is just a Mosin for me. That is what names I use IC.

As for ammunition, IC I just say .22 or 308 rounds if I have them as well as 9mm or .380 (though I call them .38 rounds). The rest are unknown for me and I usually show it to the person if the ask.

I have a similar rule with a Red 9 (Personal favorite sidearm in real life, though have never fired one). Call it what it is please, the Mauser. Not Red 9 "Cringes".

Ender    506

There's a couple ways for you to go about doing this for example My character carrys around an AKM that hes had for about a year and a half IC. He knows the ins and Outs of it and would be able to take it apart completely and put it back together if he wanted to within an hour or so as hes had it for so long and has familiarised himself with how it works and has had to repair it a couple times 

You could also go about finding someone in character that knows more about the gun you want to learn about and asking him if he could teach you.

I've actually have taught a couple people in character How to shoot.

Does this answer your question?

Razareth    218

There's a couple ways for you to go about doing this for example My character carrys around an AKM that hes had for about a year and a half IC. He knows the ins and Outs of it and would be able to take it apart completely and put it back together if he wanted to within an hour or so as hes had it for so long and has familiarised himself with how it works and has had to repair it a couple times 

You could also go about finding someone in character that knows more about the gun you want to learn about and asking him if he could teach you.

I've actually have taught a couple people in character How to shoot.

Does this answer your question?

Yes, I believe it does. Thank you.

Ender    506

You're Very Welcome. If you have any more questions let us know by Putting up another question thread or jumping into the teamspeak "Waiting For Staff Help" channel

/solved