Server time: 2017-10-23, 06:14
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Max

Best Way to Join a Group?

Question

How do people actually join groups, and what do you prefer? 

Do they randomly apply for them on the forum, apply after interaction in-game or fully via in-game?

It's just something bugging me, I'd really like to know this for the future.

Thanks in advance!

10 answers to this question

isocade    90

From my personal experience, I'd heavily recommend finding the people or group you want to join and sending the most active member a PM or a poke in Teamspeak, ask if you can shadow or follow their group for a bit without actually joining, just to check it out. Do this for both approved groups and groups that exist in the Group Ideas section, and experiment around a bit. You never know if you might like a group better than a different one or not. The biggest mistake is immediately joining a group without experiencing all the other ones at least slightly.

Castiel    1124

Depends tbh. Personal preference, or whatever the group prefers.

Could make a post on this thread, could apply to groups via their thread, could PM a group leader to arrange meeting or you could just hop in-game and hope for the best. It's really all down to personal preference, whatever you prefer.

SpaceCowboy    230

Do they randomly apply for them on the forum, apply after interaction in-game or fully via in-game?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Mox!

There are many ways you can join groups in DayZRP. 

By going to our Group Forums or by posting your character information on the Survivors looking for group thread you could find the group that matches your character or put yourself out there and a group will come looking for you or people who want to form into a group.

Some groups do require IC interaction before allowing you to apply so in game is another great way of showing your character and RP style so they could mesh well with the group dynamic. 

I do hope that answers your question?

Zunn    0

Yeah, pretty much what has been said above. Rather look through the groups for a group you specifically like, or post in the survivors looking for groups thread using the correct template.

Sofie    0

Groups have different ways of recruiting members and you should pick the one that you like. I prefer IC recruitment since then it is your character that is recruited and not you. I believe that the groups that work out best are those that recruit characters that fit the group's goals and roleplay, not always their OOC friends. But sometimes it is difficult meeting the groups in the community. So you can publish that you are interested in joining a group on the thread Spacecowboy linked, or you can research yourself and find one that is fitting for your character and PM the leader.

Good luck!

Thanks in advance!

Hello Mox!

There are many ways you can join groups in DayZRP. 

By going to our Group Forums or by posting your character information on the Survivors looking for group thread you could find the group that matches your character or put yourself out there and a group will come looking for you or people who want to form into a group.

Some groups do require IC interaction before allowing you to apply so in game is another great way of showing your character and RP style so they could mesh well with the group dynamic. 

I do hope that answers your question?

That covers it all, thanks alot!

From my personal experience, I'd heavily recommend finding the people or group you want to join and sending the most active member a PM or a poke in Teamspeak, ask if you can shadow or follow their group for a bit without actually joining, just to check it out. Do this for both approved groups and groups that exist in the Group Ideas section, and experiment around a bit. You never know if you might like a group better than a different one or not. The biggest mistake is immediately joining a group without experiencing all the other ones at least slightly.

Thanks for the advice, sounds like a good way to start off!

SpaceCowboy    230

No worries man!

I shall /solve the thread but the thread is open for further discussion :)

Yeah, pretty much what has been said above. Rather look through the groups for a group you specifically like, or post in the survivors looking for groups thread using the correct template.

Got it! Thanks!

Groups have different ways of recruiting members and you should pick the one that you like. I prefer IC recruitment since then it is your character that is recruited and not you. I believe that the groups that work out best are those that recruit characters that fit the group's goals and roleplay, not always their OOC friends. But sometimes it is difficult meeting the groups in the community. So you can publish that you are interested in joining a group on the thread Spacecowboy linked, or you can research yourself and find one that is fitting for your character and PM the leader.

Good luck!

Gotcha! I prefer IC recruitment aswell since joining a group via forum only seems kinda.. random.

Thanks alot!

In my experience, members who have been recruited to our group will often contact us OOC (forums or TS) and arrange a meeting IC where we will feel them out. They will then RP with us for a good while before we officially allow them to join.

In my experience, members who have been recruited to our group will often contact us OOC (forums or TS) and arrange a meeting IC where we will feel them out. They will then RP with us for a good while before we officially allow them to join.

Cool! Thanks for letting me know!