Server time: 2017-10-19, 23:23
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Close Unneeded Servers

Erik    107

Often I am finding that, despite the fact that there are 4 servers, we don't have the population online to fill more than 1 or 2 of the servers, the others just having a small handful of people likely abusing the empty server for loot. So what I am suggesting is going back to the policy of closing servers until the population calls for an additional server to be opened, therefore more heavily populating the servers that are up. (presently server 1 has 20 people, server 2 has 15, 3 has 7 and 4 has 9)

Finn    78

I totally agree, atleast one of them.

DickSlide    250

I like the idea my dude as it pushes people to further their RP.

Paks    17

+1 I agree, when there are no people to be seen there is no RP. For a while I have been not seeing many people and I like to run into them all! (Plus the fact that people probably are using the servers to gear up. You gotta work for gear people, not abuse it!)

Ramon    360

Mr Moon was coming back right?

If so... Don't close any servers!

If he is going to stream DayZRP or make YT video's a new wave is incoming...

Then we need those 4 servers...

I agree some of the times the servers are really empty...

Castiel    1124

Rolle already stated this, although with Mr. Moon supposedly working on a DayZRP series we may well need these servers. But I do see your point as of right now, the population seems to spread across the four servers which limits opportunities for RP.

Keira    1452

We can always just take the servers offline and put them up as needed in order to encourage people to use the other servers.

Stradic    286

I think we should close off S4 as it seems to have the lowest activity on it and simply use it for player events. If the player count rises in the next wave, then reopen it for everyone to use.

Bruce    0

I honestly think we should close S4 and just use S3 as an overflow server (keep it offline till the additional space is needed). That would hopefully consolidate everyone on 1 and 2 and not all four like right now.

Sofie    0

Today I was less tempted to join RP (+ other reasons) because the servers populations were: 30/20/10/10. I like to actually meet people and roleplay instead of spending time on my own for hours looking for them. I think that for whatever reason people join low populated servers (internal roleplay / loot) it should be prevented by closing servers when we don't have enough members to fill them up. 

Is there a lot of work to get a server up and running again on short notice?

I see the server population change with time. That is to say, the EU servers are more populated during prime-time in EU and the NA servers are more populated during prime-time NA. So when it is 4-6 am EU people arent playing on S1 or S2, but since it is 11 - 1 am NA servers S3 and S4 are populated. The same goes for 12 noon - 5 pm NA times where the EU servers are more populated due to availability of players and better pings. My vote is to keep all 4 servers active to cater to players from different locations. Better ping = better experience.

Shark    0

I honestly think we should close S4 and just use S3 as an overflow server (keep it offline till the additional space is needed). That would hopefully consolidate everyone on 1 and 2 and not all four like right now.

Hopefully you mean use S2 and S4 as overflow, leaving one US and one EU server open at all times. Rolle has already mentioned S4 will close whenever the month he's paid for is over.

Mack    1

Yes please!

It would stop people from spreading out across servers and encourage people to run into each other more often,

but It would be good if there was a automatic system that would open and close servers depending on the amount of people on them

but +1

PurifieR    16

I think the staff should close the 4th server, It just stays in 15 people or less, even though the other three have people.

Couldn't agree more I hate getting on when s1 is full and s2 has 30 people while the other servers just have like 10 people on gear whoring.

Yoshi    61

The servers will rise again.

Soon

#MrMoonisBaK

#NeverGoinDown

#REKTscrubs

Combat Logo    84

What the servers say when their closed.

giphy.gif

Karma    167

Can S3 please at least be left up? it is the only server i get reasonable ping on right now. S1 and 2 im getting between 180-230 ping depending on the day which is just really not enjoyable at all. And I am sure there are others who feel the same way.

PurifieR    16

US Sv's = 250 ping

UK Sv's = 300

And people complaining about 180, first world problems, feels bad man.

Razareth    274

This is a very good topic my friend.

I too recently felt the we are far to spread out on the servers.

May experience of is S1 is full.

So I try and see if I can't get a window (As I'm sure a lot of other people do).

If not I'm left with S2, S3 and S4.

All 3 are usually rocking like 7 people or more.

That would be 21 if they where all on 1 server.

I understand the need for a EU and US server, but would be nice to have fuller servers. So we can RP and not just run around aimlessly.

This is just my opinion.

US Sv's = 250 ping

UK Sv's = 300

And people complaining about 180, first world problems, feels bad man.

I feel you.

My ping to US and EU is 300 ping.

That being said I don't notice it effect my RP.

PurifieR    16

I feel you.

It doesn't affect much, you barely notice it by taking items from the ground (Not always and it's only 0.5 more delay)

Razareth    274

I feel you.

It doesn't affect much, you barely notice it by taking items from the ground (Not always and it's only 0.5 more delay)

I figured at much. I guess your ping can make a difference in a firefight, but I don't play to be in one any time soon. So as long as it doesn't break my character while RP. Then I'll run walk around with 300 ping.