Server time: 2017-10-19, 18:30
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Ezio012103

Things that DayZ should have and Public apocalypse compared to DayZRP.

Ezio012103    7

It feels weird in DayZRP how everyone seems to be friendly and just hanging around. I think you should be scared of everyone. Like anyone you meet could be the person  that ends your life. In public it seems more realistic with the way no one trusts anyone and everyone seems to be hostile. In the apocalypse people wouldn't just set up a campfire and wait for people to come sit around with them. People would try to avoid interactions with other people. In DayZRP everyone seems to be friendly with each other and not mind that there is someone near you that has weapons on them or has weapons out that could kill you at any minute. In the Last Of Us the Hunters stay in cities kill people who come into their city for supplies. Public is like that. DayZP people walk through cities without a problem. The only hostile things that could happen to you are the robberies that happen every once in a while but even in those you come out a live and usually unharmed or barely hurt. Chernarus also seems to be more populated. People are everywhere. Its to easy to find people. Also in my opinion I don't like the cities in DayZ they don't seem like big cities to me just towns and Kamyshovo or places like that would be compared to neighborhoods in real life. Id honestly like to see a massive city that could take a good chunk of the map. For example Chernogorsk covering up Balota and the other towns nearby and go a little bit north. That might sound ridiculous but imagine a huge city that you could explore. Also I think cities need more skyscrapers and buildings like that. There should be roads full of broken down cars to the point where you have to take a more dangerous route that other survivors could be and infected. Another thing, infected need to not be so easy to kill. I can kill an infected very easily without even taking a hit. I only have problems if there are a group of 5 or more. Even then though I can pull out my gun and kill them all with no problem. I might bleed a little bit but I can easily bandage that up and it would be like I took no damage at all. Infected need to do more damage to you and maybe even there can be different types of infected that can do more damage or be faster so you cant outrun them. When running away from an infected I can even loot buildings while its after me without getting hit once. I think the map should look more damaged like a lot of shit has happened to the place like the military bombing cities or killing people thinking that they were infected. Dead people lining up the streets. Also with the cars lining up the road thing, it should be a place to get good amounts of supplies. Finding different kinds of vehicles like large trucks carrying food or carrying water. Also just your normal civilian cars holding clothes and some food and maybe a melee such as a baseball bat in the back trunk and some baseball gear. OR maybe even some footbal pads or something that could offer some protection against melees and infected. I know the devs are working on the lootable infected. With the cars blocking streets at the end of them should military vehicles blocking the roads that spawn some military grade gear but will most likely be looted. Dead soldiers laying against their vehicles with some military gear on them as well but damaged. Quarantine zones like in the Last  Of Us. Maybe some areas where it is contaminated and you have to wear a gas mask (like Tisy except the hazmat suits arent needed). This is some things I think should be added to dayz and also some other things comparing Public to DayZRP.

Jamie    1418

Please remember this game is in alpha. They are adding suits for contaminated areas for in the far future.

As for the "friendliness" on the servers, not everyone agrees as seen here.

If people are too friendly for your taste, the door is open for you to play public.

SatansNightOut    105

Tl;Dr that whole wall of text.

But it sounds like you need to be complaining to DayZ devs, as Dayzrp staff has no control over such things go as it currently stands.

Ezio012103    7

Please remember this game is in alpha. They are adding suits for contaminated areas for in the far future.

As for the "friendliness" on the servers, not everyone agrees as seen here.

If people are too friendly for your taste, the door is open for you to play public.

I KNEW there would be a comment saying "go play on public if you don't like it."

Jamie    1418

I KNEW there would be a comment saying "go play on public if you don't like it."

Congratulations. Here, take some beanz.

Ezio012103    7

Congratulations. Here, take some beanz.

Thanks, Ill give you some as well.

Chernov    0

mb5hn.jpg

Also if you want people to be scared make them scared ;)

But you're right on that point, some people just dont act like its the end of the world but instead like its one big social club.   

Wulfe    6

Well, lets break down how I'd act if I assumed everyone was out to kill me.

I'm walking along and I see a person and they haven't seen me. Hide until they leave. They're hanging around, so now I sneak away out of sight. 10/10 Great RP. What if I bump into somebody I didn't see ahead of time? Point my gun at them, say hands up. Uh-oh, that's an initiation, now he has KOS rights. While I had no intentions of robbing them, I held them up to ascertain if they were friendly or not and his buddy who I didn't see uses KOS rights on me.

While I understand the point you are trying to make, we're all here to interact with each other. By acting like its The Last of Us we're not really interacting are we?

Everything else is beyond our control. Although when mods come around there will likely be something similar to what you are asking.

1. This is a roleplay community.

2. Even though it is roleplay, it is still a game.

3. 90% of what you wrote is about dayz not dayzrp.

If you think people are too nice, go be a bandit. Just read the rules first.

Nihoolious    1248

Everyone in public acts that way because there are no rules and anything can happen. DayZRP has rules in place that allow people to be more relaxes in game. Removing these rules would make the game more like public, but less like an rp server. There is no rp in straight up kos so it is not allowed. The whole point of DayZRP was to create a role play focused community to separate itself from public dayz. 

What you are asking for requires changes in the game itself and the player mindset. If you want people to act more fearful in the world you can either act that way and set an example or make a group that makes people fear them. I haven't seen a group like that in some time the last one I can think of being Saiorse Brotherhood (butchered that name I think) and that is never coming back.

It feels weird in DayZRP how everyone seems to be friendly and just hanging around.

Yeah, I have gripes with this too. But that's just how the community is now compared to the mod days, there were only one or two places in the whole map that you could go for relative safety and chatter but even then it was targeted by big groups. I genuinely feared travelling alone because I knew that these big identifiable groups were around. 

Right now everyone is just a mesh of the same, there's nothing defining about anyone in-game, you can't fear those you can't recognise so you don't know who you're approaching. That's something that should effectively put someone on edge but when groups had outfits/skins that were defined it made for great moments where a feared group would appear on the horizon and people would attempt to flee in fear. 

What you are asking for requires changes in the game itself and the player mindset. If you want people to act more fearful in the world you can either act that way and set an example or make a group that makes people fear them. I haven't seen a group like that in some time the last one I can think of being Saiorse Brotherhood (butchered that name I think) and that is never coming back.

The problem is that most community members playing have gotten used to being protected by the rules. The simple matter of the fact is that the only way to be feared is to have more members because that gives rule power, not essentially RP power in-game. That's the deception of "power" in groups right now. For example, if three Chernarussian military guys came up against 6-7 civilians then the Chernarussian military guys couldn't do anything if they were initiated on because it would be seen as NVFL even though in reality you would favour the ability of military trained personnel. 

I'd say it's NVFL for 2-3 civs to try and rob 1 person before even knowing who they are. If you're three civilians robbing a soldier for example then where does NVFL come in then? A soldier or someone extremely trained would be able to take out 2-3 average guys. But then again, most people I've met so far have been ex-marines, super soldiers, just crash landed etc.

Big groups back in the day, because they were military guys and there was a broader variety of weaponry, it meant that these guys not only had the skills RP wise but also the weapons to pull off 2 v More than 2 robberies/hostilities and it wasn't seen as NVFL because people would submit due to them actually fearing the group as a whole and didn't want to make their lives in Chernarus more difficult. 

At the moment, when meeting people I'm trying to act as skittish and nervous as possible but when you come across 20 people who are acting like it's a set of a soap opera then it's very difficult to keep up the tone when it's just being brushed off so nonchalantly.

When modding comes in, I'd love to see larger factions happening where there are territories/towns owned by certain people similar to a GoT/Walking Dead style environment. We're so long into the infection, the zombies in-game aren't an issue at all and with no military presence, it's just a little stale IMO.

Connvexus    36

I've come to accept DayZRP will be more like Fallout style RP in a way then Zombie Apoc RP. Just saying.

xMarrk    7

Personally I've come to accept that there are many people on this server that are new to Role-Play as a paradigm and as such, my experience from many a role-play session has been very much PvP with some chit chat. Although there are most likely MASSES of people who do hold conscious for the role-play side of things, Unfortunately with a community this big its always difficult to get a good feel for role-players and generally people go 3 ways.

1) They learn from their mistakes.

2) They don't and get banned.

3) They just get bored because they find it stale.

I would suggest that there are many a person who provides good quality role-play whilst ensuring that all parties can find it enjoyable but unfortunately there appears to be many people who simply just enjoy the PvP aspect of things and as such you will see them as regular names or hear them as regular voices when it comes to initiations and character deaths.

Personally Im enduring it, because as the Waves go through, the bad will filter out and the ones that remain are the potential future for DayZRP

-SNIP-

I can see why you would make these points, however we cannot dictate what is 'realistic' or not as that is an argument that can be made for virtually anything in DayZ in its current state, both that and the fact that we can't also make assumptions on what is realistic to an 'apocalypse' as all we have been exposed to is Media (movies, other games etc.).

Perhaps the survivors round the campfire situation are holding on to whatever form of hope within society that is left? If you ask me there's an abundance of bandits. Sure, people aren't going to be 'hunky dory' after being exposed to the situations present in the lore, but more often than not many would use this as an opportunity to re-build in the best way possible... take for example... every zombie movie ever... sure you got your bad guys, but for the most part its people just trying to do what they can with what they have... which in itself is indicative of the 'friendly' people, I wont say 'just go play public' as that isn't too constructive however what I will say is be more open to the various role-play styles and characters you will meet, of course no one asks you to role-play with EVERYONE you see or meet but you never know... one of the campfire role-players could save your characters life.

tl;dr - 

Be more open to the vast differences in role-play styles, its a broad spectrum and the neutral survivors will just be doing what they can with what they have... basic human morals don't change in a year or so... for some.

Nolan    0

I mean, DayZRP sometimes walks the line between realism and roleplay, but in my opinion roleplay should almost always be prioritised. In the past, people have been scared - different groups have gone out there and made people act more cautiously. But I don't think it'd make for a better or more fulfilling roleplay experience if everyone you bumped into would run away at first sight.

As for your other comments, the game is in alpha. Plenty of what you've suggested will or likely will be added in, but as for buildings AFAIK they're right on the limit of what they can add. Remember that performance would likely be affected terribly by having huge skyscrapers or sprawling cities. In any case, Chernarus is a tiny country and I don't think they would have any skyscrapers anyway - there are hardly any in Europe to begin with.

I'm not gonna read that massive block of text, but I will the first few sentences.

I have to agree, it is a problem how comfortable people are in-game. If you walk to any of the major towns, you will find people just chilling, shooting the shit like nothing bad ever happens in the world. I believe people have made threads talking about this in the past but I'm happy its being brought up again. I myself can admit that I too can get a little to comfortable walking around, knowing that I am protected from the rules, and knowing that the zombies in this game are a joke.

There is nothing really to be done about this. Perhaps a bandit group will emerge soon enough and make people afraid again.

Ocean    6

and knowing that the zombies in this game are a joke.

I agree with the rest of what you said but are zombies really a joke? In movies and TV shows about Zombie Apocalypse, I've seen scenes where only a few people take out many many zombies while rarely someone getting bit. In-game people get "bit" by zombies a lot, we just don't really take it as seriously because we don't actually get infected. We just bleed a little and bandage it up right away. 

If anything, they seem harder to kill in Dayz compared to movies and TV because they run and hop walls. Even if you lose them while running, they know which way you went from out of their sight. 

I think a lot of people just get comfortable because of what you said "protected by the rules".

we just don't really take it as seriously because we don't actually get infected. We just bleed a little and bandage it up right away. 

That is my exact point.

Although the zombies can run, jump over walls, and lunge hit you, they're easy to shoot. Also, easy to out run. Not to mention that 9/10 people have enough firepower to wipe out towns of infected easily.

At least in mod you could get infected when hit by an infected, you needed to gather antibiotics just in case. Now, like you said, all you need is a little bandage.

Ocean    6

we just don't really take it as seriously because we don't actually get infected. We just bleed a little and bandage it up right away. 

Now, like you said, all you need is a little bandage.

In that sense, yeah your right. I guess I just proved my own point wrong in the same reply. 

I actually never knew the Mod Zombies could get you infected (didn't play it too much). That's amazing, they should incorporate that again.

Razareth    274

Firstly, with 220 hours under my belt as a Public Player.

That DayZ sucks, period. I would rather be robbed or have a pleasant conversation then fearing for my life. I was a "Combat Logger", but in the sense that if I saw another person. I ran and logged out. I can't even remember ever coming across a friendly random.

My best example of Public: Heard a guy calling for help. Went to help him. This included Saline Bag, building a Splint, plus Morphine, after all that. As I turned around to go on my way. Got knocked out and killed.

If this ^ is your DayZ go play Public friend. I came to DayZRP to get away from it all.

Besides, I still fear meeting randoms. It's scary in it's own way as you don't know peoples intentions. That makes it more real, more human. I wouldn't just kill a person. I'd rob them if I was in dire need of what they have, but not murder.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you have notice (Also not being rude or sarcastic here), but the world is different. Chernarus is normal to me as a South African. With it's small towns and larger cities, if it was sandy and hot with less trees you would be in South Africa. So I find your argument on that matter moot.

Larger cities and Skyscrapers can come with a different map in my opinion. Chernarus is a rural place, I mean towns still have hand water pumps. You want the Walking Dead in DayZ, but that isn't what DayZ is. You also should remember Chernarus Lore. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure there was a Civil War going on before the outbreak, so most people would not want to drive anywhere.

Thirdly, the infected it still Alpha. There is plenty of work that needs to be done on them. Just give it time. The one thing I don't want is special infected like Left 4 Dead or Miscreated. Just no, give me a horde. I'm sure they will become more of a challenge when the game reaches it's beta. Dynamic Spawning is being worked on in 0.61 as we speak. You are also forgetting that wolves and bears will be in this game. With wolves reportedly going twice as fast as players. So no outrunning that. Just be patience friend.

Look I see where you are coming from, but honestly none of us know where DayZ will end up when it hits Beta and finally full release. Besides I'm sure after full release and the Devs give the tools to modders you will find the DayZ that suits you. At the moment though. I'm happy with the DayZRP Community. I can see myself playing DayZ a lot more now because of them. For that they have my thanks and support until the very end.