Server time: 2017-10-17, 09:23
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Scorch21

How to Write an Auto-Emote Script

Jamie    1413

That is actually a great guide and I'll be using this myself. Even if it's little things like *Speaks in Chernarussian* or your typical "Oh eh.. hi there." works fab. Awesome work on this, take my beanz.

Scorch21    21

What are your thoughts on maybe having a menu that you could scroll through to select your emote instead of having 20 different hotkeys? If I get enough requests for it I may write one up.

PS. thanks for the beanz... now what do I do with them...? Is it like a status symbol? Like "Ha.. I have more beanz than you peasant!"

Cow    0

I'll be making use of this tonight.

This is a wonderful thing you've done, great timing too considering the gap between TextRP and VOIPRP.

Sofie    0

Finaly you made the guide, as I had no idea how to do it when you suggested it. Very helpful since I don't have to stress about writing special features with my characters looks and so on. Beanz incoming.

Kerkkoh    49

Great guide. I've been using Autohotkey for a while now.

You can also have "hotstrings", that are just shortcuts for writing long stuff.

:smh::*shakes head*

This, for example, turns "smh" to "*shakes head*"

You run the script like you show in the guide and when in game you write to the chat "smh" and press space and it will turn your short hotstring into your long emote.

Good example would be:

:init::*shouts* Everyone put your hands in the air now or you will be shot!

In this case, you would type "init" in the chat and press space and then it turns that into a long initiation.

Frosty    0

This is an awesome guide! So helpful for text RP as well. I'm gonna be using this :)

Scorch21    21

Great guide. I've been using Autohotkey for a while now.

You can also have "hotstrings", that are just shortcuts for writing long stuff.

:smh::*shakes head*

This, for example, turns "smh" to "*shakes head*"

You run the script like you show in the guide and when in game you write to the chat "smh" and press space and it will turn your short hotstring into your long emote.

Good example would be:

:init::*shouts* Everyone put your hands in the air now or you will be shot!

In this case, you would type "init" in the chat and press space and then it turns that into a long initiation.

This is a good alternative actually, good idea. I personally use a gui that pops up when you hit a hotkey. The gui allows you to type in your text messages and saves them for later use as variables. the next time you hit the hotkey you get a nice neat list of emotes and texts that you can click on without having to remember your hotkeys.

Bran    0

I have used this app before but for my username and password on RuneScape. Never really thought about using it on DayZ though... its a really clever idea that I might start using

Shark    0

Anyone who intends to use this for text initiations... I'd advise to steer clear, especially if you try to spam text initiations.

It has been punished before.

Great guide! I am going to try this out and will share it with my group

+BeanZ

EDIT: If I wanted to use numpad to macro keys is there anything different I would need to do? For example - If I wanted to macro *rolls up balaclava exposing his mouth* to numpad 8 and make sure it didnt bind to 8(*)

Scorch21    21

Great guide! I am going to try this out and will share it with my group

+BeanZ

EDIT: If I wanted to use numpad to macro keys is there anything different I would need to do? For example - If I wanted to macro *rolls up balaclava exposing his mouth* to numpad 8 and make sure it didnt bind to 8(*)

This is from AutoHotkey manual-

"Due to system behavior, the following keys are identified differently depending on whether NumLock is ON or OFF. If NumLock is OFF but Shift is pressed, the system temporarily releases Shift and acts as though NumLock is ON."

NumLock ON = "Numpad0"1//2/3/4/so on

NumLock Off = "NumpadIns"/End/Down/so on

so your hotkey would look like this 

$^Numpad8::
Send, {enter}{sleep 15}*nods yes*{sleep 15}{enter}
Return

and it will only send if your NumLock is ON.

Keys that aren't effected by NumLock-

NumLock, NumpadDiv, NumpadMult, NumpadAdd, NumpadSub, NumpadEnter

Hope that helps.

Cool guide Scorch!

Can't wait to spam text initiations. :troll:

Just don't get me in trouble. ;)

-snip-

That is exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!

Sign in to follow this