Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:59

Sign in to follow this  

Group creation basics.

DHMaJjQ.png

Today I will teach you how to create groups! After looking at a lot of groups I see that many people create a group that has no appeal or doesn't make sense at all. Like samurais, super soldiers! That's why I decided to teach new people how to make a group and ect. This guide will be divided into  3 parts. The idea, the thread, in game. Every single one of them will cover the most important things you need to know.

Eel9LrE.png

In my opinion the idea is the most important and the hardest thing. You have to create the story, name and goals here. The group idea has to be unique. "But there are so many groups it's hard to be unique" you might say... But being unique isn't hard at all. In my opinion a groups are divided to "GOOD" "BAD" "SURVIVORS". From there it's goals. You can make your group however you want. Maybe you want  to rebuild society? Maybe you want to keep it the way as it is? Or you just want to help people? It really depends on your character in my opinion. But you must remember that your goals and story would make sense! Admins and loremasters wont allow a "Super alien soldier" group just roam around the lands. If you have no ideas. Just make a group of survivors that assembled from various events that leaded them into friendship or maybe Chernarussian group that wants to kill every foreigner? Its up to you. Also you must not forget the name. For me and my friend the hardest part was the name when we were creating "Lynx". We decided to name it like that just because I love that animal... 

All in all the idea is the hardest part. Since I cannot help you on deciding what you want. Just keep it as realistic as you can. Ask loremasters for help. I'm sure they will help you out.

8MWRqfs.png

This part is the one I love. You must make your group appealing to others. Firstly I choose the colors. For example in "Lynx" we chose white and gold.  In "Auxilium" just white. I try to keep the threads with two or three colors only. But in my opinion colors are one of the most important things to make the group look awesome!  Just don't use black, gray and any bright colors like light green, blue, yellow.

The logo

Now what I do for the logo is... I google it. I take a clip art from the internet and recolor it to make it fit  in the colors of the thread. Other people ask artists to make them one. But I don't really do that since I try to be as much independent as possible.

The titles

For the titles I use Photoshop CC.  But when I didn't know how to use it I was using this amazing site called "CoolText" I used it for titles in this thread too!  You can choose the style you want. Then you can change the font and colors. You can resize it too. For example I use size 150 for the name of the group and 50 for relation tabs like "Ally". If you want to make it on photoshop there are a lot of tutorials on the internet (I learned everything myself) you can find fonts in sites like DaFont and 1001Fonts

The layout

I like to call layout I use "standard" it's really simple and good looking. It goes something like this. But if you dont like it you can use another one!

Logo

Name

Song here. Download Puush and upload it there. Once you get the link to your song put it in [.Mp3]Puush link here[./Mp3] without the dots.

Story

Story here. You can make it in spoilers if its really long but its how you want it. [.spoiler] story here[./spoiler] without the dots.

Members

You can have multiple ranks written here too. Its how you want it. I don't like writing ranks in the thread since once you are accepted you can make it on the groupCP

Goals

You can write IC and OOC goals separately together. OOC goals aren't needed.

Relations

Allies, Friendly, Neutral, Unfriendly, Enemies are the ones I use. But it really depends on how you want it. In my opinion you can call them Amigos, Druzja or something from your story.

Recruitment

Keep it in code like [.Code]Text here[./code] Without the dots.

Some examples of this layout are  Lynx , AuxiliumPhoenix Rising.

GNzJOmK.png

In game you must keep yourself in character of the group of course. You can recruit random people off streets like we did in Auxilium. Or you can get friends. Remember that you have to get at least 5 to get the group Active.

All in all once you made everything and are active. You will get replies from loremasters who will help you with the story. Remember to take criticism correctly and don't get salty. People are trying to help you. They don't want to "destroy" your group. If they say that the group is a no then try changing something. If people don't like it just don't keep it. Nobody will join. 

This is also a good advice

Put more emphasis on RPing AS your group and WITH your group. The former is most important out of these two as it's just not right to have one thing on the forums and something completely different ingame. For example, if you have a CDF, USMC, VDV or [insert military force here], you won't be just going around robbing people and would behave differently from a regular disorganised survivor - not super soldier feel no pain style, but what I mean is be reserved, respect the chain of command, don't just vandalise, throw random grenades and the like, etc.

The latter is mostly a suggestion, but the way I see it, it's just common courtesy to actually play with the group you're a part of. I always found it bizarre when people would join groups and then wander off to do their own thing.

If you have to add up something please tell me. I will add it here. Maybe you have questions? Please ask! 

Ramon    331

Please use a other letter type...

For me it's hard to read...

But the guide looks good.

But 1 things:

You don't have to make a group page like it's described here....

Please use a other letter type...

For me it's hard to read...

But the guide looks good.

But 1 things:

You don't have to make a group page like it's described here....

Fixed the font, added the thing thanks! ;)

Nice guide :D

Great Guide.

Great Guide.. well written and informative.

-Mjr. Lee Fubar

Thank you guys!

Ghoozovich    263

Nice guide! Hopefully would make the Loremasters' job just a bit easier.

A thing I think you ought to add is more to ingame. Put more emphasis on RPing AS your group and WITH your group. The former is most important out of these two as it's just not right to have one thing on the forums and something completely different ingame. For example, if you have a CDF, USMC, VDV or [insert military force here], you won't be just going around robbing people and would behave differently from a regular disorganised survivor - not super soldier feel no pain style, but what I mean is be reserved, respect the chain of command, don't just vandalise, throw random grenades and the like, etc.

The latter is mostly a suggestion, but the way I see it, it's just common courtesy to actually play with the group you're a part of. I always found it bizarre when people would join groups and then wander off to do their own thing.

That's what I got for now, then :D

Again, liking the guide and looking forward to seeing how you will develop it more in the future!

Lovely guide , Karomas. <3

A guide take a lot of effort, good job.

Nice guide! Hopefully would make the Loremasters' job just a bit easier.

A thing I think you ought to add is more to ingame. Put more emphasis on RPing AS your group and WITH your group. The former is most important out of these two as it's just not right to have one thing on the forums and something completely different ingame. For example, if you have a CDF, USMC, VDV or [insert military force here], you won't be just going around robbing people and would behave differently from a regular disorganised survivor - not super soldier feel no pain style, but what I mean is be reserved, respect the chain of command, don't just vandalise, throw random grenades and the like, etc.

That's what I got for now, then :D

Again, liking the guide and looking forward to seeing how you will develop it more in the future!

Really wise words! I quoted them in the section!

Loving the artwork and layout!

Lovely guide , Karomas. <3

A guide take a lot of effort, good job.

Thank you guys!~

So im not against guides and I can respect the time taken to create them. 

But doesnt something like this take away the creativity involved in making a group? Seems a little "Cookie Cutter" if you ask me.

zoyo    65

I like this guide, I think it will defiantly point some people in the right direction when they're looking to create their first group. :)

I like this guide, I think it will defiantly point some people in the right direction when they're looking to create their first group. :)

Simple and useful!

Thank you!

Sign in to follow this