Server time: 2017-08-18, 05:11

Sign in to follow this  
osku197

Grenade trap KOS?

Question

osku197    12

So I was recently killed by a grenade trap after spending a long time collecting gear. My question is if I see someone setting up a grenade trap that is clearly not meant for anyone in particulat (btw are grenade traps and mines not allowed at any case) am I allowed to kill them?

12 answers to this question

It's a bit hard to know who set it up, how would you confirm your target? But if you saw them why would you walk though it? Also as far as I'm aware they are allowed to be set up outside of big cities. To answer your question though, no you can't just kill someone if you see someone set it up. You don't know the situation or their intentions.

There are no kill logs for these, so sometimes new members set them up not knowing they're not allowed, and sometimes people do it just to troll. Hopefully a new patch will let admins see these logs.

Jamie    1173

No. You should record them and watch to see what they do next. But you personally don't know whether they are trying to kill someone who they actually have KOS rights on them. If you see them place it down and just run off into the woods, I'd try and get a name from him and maybe confront him then report it since placing random traps around in high traffic places IS NOT allowed.

osku197    12

No. You should record them and watch to see what they do next. But you personally don't know whether they are trying to kill someone who they actually have KOS rights on them. If you see them place it down and just run off into the woods, I'd try and get a name from him and maybe confront him then report it since placing random traps around in high traffic places IS NOT allowed.

Even if they would have KOS rights putting a mine isnt a way to kill someone! There is no way they can confirm their target with a mine. And I would consider someone putting down a mine somwhere a hostile action against me so wouldnt i get KOS rights from that?

If someone puts a mine down, they are not initiating on you, so you do not have KOS rights. You don't know their situation or intentions as I said.

I still don't understand, if you see them put it down, you know where it is and where not to walk. Why would you walk into it and die?

Ron    746

-snip-

Even if they would have KOS rights putting a mine isnt a way to kill someone! There is no way they can confirm their target with a mine. And I would consider someone putting down a mine somwhere a hostile action against me so wouldnt i get KOS rights from that?

Even if that gives you KOS rights. You see someone putting something on the ground. You spotted it, so I assume that you probably wont be an idiot and run into the trap. Your decision would be to shoot that person? Where is the role play in that?

osku197    12

If someone puts a mine down, they are not initiating on you, so you do not have KOS rights. You don't know their situation or intentions as I said.

I still don't understand, if you see them put it down, you know where it is and where not to walk. Why would you walk into it and die?

I didnt see them putting it down and it was nightime. This was just a hypotetical question that came into mind after that happened.

-snip-

Even if that gives you KOS rights. You see someone putting something on the ground. You spotted it, so I assume that you probably wont be an idiot and run into the trap. Your decision would be to shoot that person? Where is the role play in that?

Again I didnt see them put it down the question came into my mind after that. And since if someone puts it down they probably arent roleplaying they are just being assholes to other people (I still didnt get an examole about setting a mine/grenade trap that would be justified) so I think I would have the right to kill them for playing the game like that and they also know they cant be caught

I didnt see them putting it down and it was nightime. This was just a hypotetical question that came into mind after that happened.

Again I didnt see them put it down the question came into my mind after that. And since if someone puts it down they probably arent roleplaying they are just being assholes to other people (I still didnt get an examole about setting a mine/grenade trap that would be justified) so I think I would have the right to kill them for playing the game like that and they also know they cant be caught

(Excuse no snip. On my phone)

They could be luring someone to their trap that they have KOS rights on.. You don't know! So why would you KOS him first just so he doesn't KOS you?

Melvin    84

I would definitely say check their names, track them, roleplay with them, try to see why they are doing it, and make sure you have video footage and report it.

You do not have KoS rights on the person so you are not allowed to shoot them. You would still have to initiate regardless. Otherwise, I could shoot you for taking stuff from my tent as you are "ruining" the game for me and you can not be caught.

I hope we answered your question.

Edit : Mines and grenade traps are only allowed to fortify your base. Your base have to be somewhere away from any possible chance of any players stumbling upon it intentionally. An example would be the woods at the edge of the map.

Edit 2 : As OP has more questions, I'll unsolve it.

Ron    746

Think further. Just because you see someone "being an asshole" or someone breaking rules, does not give you immunity from these rules nor kill rights.

If you see someone putting a trap like that down: take a chance and walk up to him. Initiate and put him into a hostile rp situation (afterwards you could still report it), questioning him why he did it. Role play it out, torture him or simply tell him in character that you are going to shovel the mine up his butt if you see him doing it again. By just shooting him you wont gain any role play out of the whole situation.  Role play is the main goal of this community. Gaining KOS rights does not mean you have to kill and end someones role play.

osku197    12

I would definitely say check their names, track them, roleplay with them, try to see why they are doing it, and make sure you have video footage and report it.

You do not have KoS rights on the person so you are not allowed to shoot them. You would still have to initiate regardless. Otherwise, I could shoot you for taking stuff from my tent as you are "ruining" the game for me and you can not be caught.

I hope we answered your question.

With that, I will be marking this question as /solved.

Edit : Mines and grenade traps are only allowed to fortify your base. Your base have to be somewhere away from any possible chance of any players stumbling upon it intentionally. An example would be the woods at the edge of the map.

If the rules say that then can I report someone for putting a mine for somwhere thats not their base? And if so how could I find their name other than asking so they can lie their name?

Melvin    84

Pulsecheck if you are absolutely sure they are using the landmines as a way to illegally KOS. And yes to your first question.