Server time: 2017-08-21, 14:07

Sign in to follow this  
Tzarkaan

Text RP and Vehicles

Question

Tzarkaan    0

So, I forget where in the rules it says that voice and text are required to initiate on vehicles, but I don't have a mic. Is it cool if I use text? If they stop, awesome. If not, oh well. Or is that a hard no, as it's technically breaking a rule?

Thanks guys

17 answers to this question

Just text should suffice, but it's recommended to add voice to it. Sometimes people don't read the chat.

Unknown Entity    126

I would not use only text to initiate.

Seeing how cars are.. special, some may be very concentrated on the road and not notice your text message.

I'd team up with someone to do both if you don't have a microphone.

Tzarkaan    0

Thanks guys. It's not a life or death thing at the moment to interact with vehicles, (mostly due to lack of sighting) but I just wanted to check for the future if the occasion arises.

Aiko    578

Good Day!

Regarding your question, it is quiet ok to only use text to initiate on a Vehicle. The main reason we say both, is because VOIP usually doesn't cut through the sound of the engine. So text rping, is actually the best form of initiation when it comes to cars. Though, its always a good idea to team up when doing initiation anyway. Who knows how many people are in the car. ^_^

Does this answer your question, or have any thing else to ask?

GaryCash    23

---

"When initiating on vehicles it is required to use both voice and text chat to avoid misunderstandings."

So even though thats the quote from the rules, if I only use text RP to initiate on a vehicle, that is a non-reportable action? I'm just trying to clarify this because I'm generally a text RPer so this is actually an extremely helpful thing if that is the case. I only ask for clarification on this because I was not aware of this aspect of the rules before, and if I start doing this in the future I don't want to get reported for a misunderstanding.

I also ask because, though I think that it is extremely advantageous to players like myself who mainly, or only text RP, I do indeed actually think the rule is better when it is done in both, so that way it is most fair to the driver and the occupants of the car who may already be distracted by the road or whats going on in the car

Goku    61

Initiating on a car must be done by voice and text because if you are out of text range they will be able to hear the person saying 'stop the car or you will be shot' and vis versa. This stops any if not all confusion for the person being initiated on.

I'd say always use both text and voice chat, for the same reasons as everyone before me stated. Just play it safe and use both man. The only problem I can imagine there being with that is if you decided to textRP as a character.

Initiating on a car must be done by voice and text because if you are out of text range they will be able to hear the person saying 'stop the car or you will be shot' and vis versa. This stops any if not all confusion for the person being initiated on.

Incorrect, its recommend to both Text and VOIP initiate; all that matters is the person can clearly understand the initiation. Should I take the risk and just voice initiate, and the people inside the car can clearly hear the initiation; no rule would have been broken. That rule applies so that if I did voice initiate, and the people inside did not clearly hear it then it would be a rulebreak.

So the same applies for text initiations, should they receive the text then that is a clear initiation and their is no rule broken.

Aiko    578

It is preferred to use both voice and text on a car, Because if they dont hear one they hear the other. Though, you can use only text as long as you make 100% sure that you are in proper distance for them to see it. It is risky to initiate on a moving car as it is, but using only text to initiate can up that risk. So as stated, it is preferred to use both and I highly recommend using both.

With this answer I will be solving this. But feel free to discus this more here.

Guys, its not recommended or preferred to use both voice or text to initiate on a vehicle, its  required. If you use one and not the other you will be found guilty of a rule break. Just see current solved reports.

If you do not have a mic and text initiate on a vehile you are guilty of a rule break.  Id have someone else voice initiate, or get a mic.

I've had my group put reports up and get the accused banned for only using either voice or text, not both. As Thumper said, I'd get someone to initiate for you.

Rolle    2456

If the rules say you must use both text and voice then you must use both text and voice :)

Incorrect, its recommend to both Text and VOIP initiate; all that matters is the person can clearly understand the initiation. Should I take the risk and just voice initiate, and the people inside the car can clearly hear the initiation; no rule would have been broken. That rule applies so that if I did voice initiate, and the people inside did not clearly hear it then it would be a rulebreak.

So the same applies for text initiations, should they receive the text then that is a clear initiation and their is no rule broken.

Gonna have to agree with Roger here If they clearly receive and understand an initiation then really it shouldn't matter if one or the other or both is used you cant comply to an initiation then pretend its invalid because they didn't use text or didn't use voice thats just silly. My group had a report recently where we initiated only using voice on a practically stationary vehicle and we were found not guilty because the people in said vehicle understood and responded to the initiation.

Gonna have to agree with Roger here If they clearly receive and understand an initiation then really it shouldn't matter if one or the other or both is used you cant comply to an initiation then pretend its invalid because they didn't use text or didn't use voice thats just silly. My group had a report recently where we initiated only using voice on a practically stationary vehicle and we were found not guilty because the people in said vehicle understood and responded to the initiation.

It happened in a recent report. Guy voice Initiated and they complied to his orders. He was banned for not using text

He eventually cleared but it only confirms that voice and text are required. Id say you all just got lucky.

It happened in a recent report. Guy voice Initiated and they complied to his orders. He was banned for not using text.

Well thats just silly isn't it not only because they clearly received the initiation and complied but also because then there is an inconsistency in verdicts of a similar nature.

for example the one I mentioned here:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-S3-Invalid-Initation-RDM-09-07-2016-11-05?pid=1496159#pid1496159

exactly the same circumstances as what you mentioned yet we were not guilty.

GaryCash    23

If the rules say you must use both text and voice then you must use both text and voice :)

Thanks a lot for clarifying this