Server time: 2017-08-18, 07:14

Sign in to follow this  
Mr. night

Base Locations

Mr. night    4

Hey everyone while traveling today I decided to check out some more farther out areas of the map no one bothers to go to and while looking I found many interesting places they are just look amazing and to me its a shame no one sees these areas all too often, and looking at these places makes me wonder 'wow what a great place this would be to set up a base!' because of its location and how cool it would look in that area. What do you guys hope for base building and its future in dayz? is there any interesting places you found?

Heres something north of Sinistok I found

MbzEhR1.jpg

Yeh I been there. That is a nice spot. I generally choose my spots based around water sources, both pond and well. 

-Mjr. Lee Fubar

Stradic    252

I've noticed alot of good locations for when base building comes into play. Here's to hoping we don't have to wait to long for its release.

Razareth    213

Good day Mr Night,

Yeah this is a nice spot. I've come across it a few times in my travels.

Regarding your question about base building.

I like the idea that the DayZ Devs have planned. Where you can build these kind of giant blocks which the military uses. When they have finally implemented the ability to position your stuff, it will be great.

Your location for instance would be a prime spot, thought where you are standing could also be it's weakness.

I think my biggest concern with the whole base building is the potential that it can ruin the game.

There is a lot of prime locations, but people can also decide to take strategic places like NWAF, which would lead to awesome roleplaying I'm sure.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Mr. night    4

Good day Mr Night,

I like the idea that the DayZ Devs have planned. Where you can build these kind of giant blocks which the military uses. When they have finally implemented the ability to position your stuff, it will be great.

Your location for instance would be a prime spot, thought where you are standing could also be it's weakness.

I think my biggest concern with the whole base building is the potential that it can ruin the game.

There is a lot of prime locations, but people can also decide to take strategic places like NWAF, which would lead to awesome roleplaying I'm sure.

I think base building can only add to dayzrp and yes the spot I'm standing in could be a weakness, but guard towers and simply putting walls up there would make the spot useless :) that's why I'm so excited for bases

SouthernMan    1

I think base building could be a good addition if it is done correctly. Really dont want to see those big ugly boxes everywhere like in other zombie survival games.

CorbSlayer    33

I think base building could be a good addition if it is done correctly. Really dont want to see those big ugly boxes everywhere like in other zombie survival games.

This.

Razareth    213

Yeah, like in Miscreated I sometimes just see a half ass build base in a poor location. Hopefully DayZRP community will be more wise and think before they build :)

SouthernMan    1

I would like to see more of being able to secure a house or small area with barracades or makeshift walls then actually building a base. Theres alot of places on the map that would be perfect for this sort of thing by patching afew holes in fences and locking gates. But of course they need to have a way to be broken into also.

Descendants    115

I also talked about base building here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Thoughts-on-building-a-town-in-DayZRP the location I was thinking is just south of Stary, the area surrounded by chainlink fences so that only a few places are able to be entered through.

Jack the Ripper    249

There are a lot of places to the far north that, just by themselves, are absolutely beautiful. On our way to Tisy, my good friend Defiance and I always seem to get lost, but we always stumble across some amazing scenery. Honestly, the central regions of the map are far too bland, boring, and miserable to look at. The north is severely under-utilised, and I hope the devs give people more incentive to visit it more frequently.

#bringbackNEAF?

Dustup    118

Yeah there are some good spots up North that people dont seem to go to.  Also, you are indeed a brave soul for going that close to rocks.

Mr. night    4

There are a lot of places to the far north that, just by themselves, are absolutely beautiful. On our way to Tisy, my good friend Defiance and I always seem to get lost, but we always stumble across some amazing scenery. Honestly, the central regions of the map are far too bland, boring, and miserable to look at. The north is severely under-utilised, and I hope the devs give people more incentive to visit it more frequently.

#bringbackNEAF?

+1

I ABSOULUTELY AGREE the north is such an amazing place for camps and bases and has so much potential for dayzrp and I wish the devs would have more areas like I stated

Jack the Ripper    249

Yeah there are some good spots up North that people dont seem to go to.  Also, you are indeed a brave soul for going that close to rocks.

Perhaps he's just another..... Lost Soul.

You can shoot me now.

Dustup    118

Perhaps he's just another..... Lost Soul.

You can shoot me now.

I would but we all know that almost everyone has shot you at some point before.  You are basically the DayzRP town bicycle except you get penetrated with bullets ::P  Also I said Brave, not lost, but I do agree, when you get lost you find the coolest spots.

Wulfe    6

Even with guard towers that ledge is a liability, however it is a beautiful spot. The best bases are defend-able and have resources (water in this case) nearby. I Would usually say secluded but I'm the way of thinking you'd want it to be visible to attract visitors and traders.

No point having a nice compound for 3 guys and nobody else.

Mr. night    4

Even with guard towers that ledge is a liability, however it is a beautiful spot. The best bases are defend-able and have resources (water in this case) nearby. I Would usually say secluded but I'm the way of thinking you'd want it to be visible to attract visitors and traders.

No point having a nice compound for 3 guys and nobody else.

I understand, but bringing people to these places would be IMO better because settlements are an endgame and you wouldn't want to make one near high populated areas its moreover attracting people to different parts of the map and being given unique rp interactions in places where they would not be common, also settlements should be hard to find and with that being said stumbling upon one in an amazing place would be a great experience and if I could put it this way if you eaten the same food for a week it gets tiring, but once you try something new it tastes so much more delicious and I know its about where you put a base, but think about rp wise sure many people may not visit, but having internal rp can be great especially when running a base because it needs so much upkeep and this could lead to your base to becoming known when you go on loot runs or have special meetings with other groups I hope you understand my confusing points lol :)

TheRealHero    2

Good day Mr Night,

Probably DayZ devs will restrict the use of base building objects in big cities and military bases.

Probably DayZ devs will restrict the use of base building objects in big cities and military bases.

If they won't I can imagine we might.

Fingers crossed base building isn't as crappy when it's first released like all the other stuff.

Mr. night    4

Fingers crossed base building isn't as crappy when it's first released like all the other stuff.

this is what they have in mind http://i.imgur.com/TlJjjHo.jpg

Yeah, as cool as base building is/might be I reckon we'll see a lot of bases built in dumb places. Depends how the devs do it I guess.

Alex    451

Why on earth would they do that?

TheRealHero    2

I don't think they want people to start building sniping bases in the middle of Cherno so they can kill all the fresh spawns that spawn in it and I don't think they want people to build sniper towers in middle of mishkino and shoot everyone that comes to get some gear either, I don't know, that's what I think.

EDIT: I didn't mean restrict the object only in these areas, I wanted to say that you won't be able to place objects in these areas, my bad only now I saw., restrict them outside these high populated areas only.

Alex    451

I don't think they want people to start building sniping bases in the middle of Cherno so they can kill all the fresh spawns that spawn in it and I don't think they want people to build sniper towers in middle of mishkino and shoot everyone that comes to get some gear either, I don't know, that's what I think.

EDIT: I didn't mean restrict the object only in these areas, I wanted to say that you won't be able to place objects in these areas, my bad only now I saw., restrict them outside these high populated areas only.

Base building isn't going to be easy to do... There wont be loads of nerd poles in cherno.