Server time: 2017-08-17, 23:36

Sign in to follow this  
Scorch21

Suggestion: Use macros for emotes.

Scorch21    21

This may sound obvious to some people but a simple way to type quick emotes is to use macros. Instead of typing out *screams in pain* whilst being tortured, make a macro to instantly type out the emote at the press of a button. You can use whatever macro recording/ executing software you want but I personally use the built in macro function in the Logitech Gaming Software drivers. Another popular one is AutoHotkey (AHK). Just make the macro hit enter, type an asterisk, type out the emote, type asterisk again and then hit enter again. I'm not saying to replace all your emotes with pre-made ones like this, just the common ones like *shakes head in disappointment* or *screams in pain*, otherwise your roleplay will get a bit stale when reusing the same emotes over and over again. Switch it up, be creative! This is just a way to make role play scenarios a bit more immersive rather than fiddling with your keyboard all the time especially if you're a slow typer. Let me know what you think!

Castiel    1124

/Moved to suggestions

Good idea for Text RPers who aren't too quick. You should make a guide on it :)

Good idea. Can be very useful when people have something unique to them that they want people to react to every time they encounter new people. Like limping, missing arms or tattoos.

Scorch21    21

Good idea. Can be very useful when people have something unique to them that they want people to react to every time they encounter new people. Like limping, missing arms or tattoos.

Didn't think about that. Good point!

I think this is a good idea for certain emotes, like describing your character. A guide on how to use macros for those who don't know would be a good idea also!

I've been wanting to do this but I have no idea how... time to google it!

Agree... make a guide for those of us who don't know squat about how to make a macro or bind it to a key!

-Mjr. Lee Fubar

I dont know what you are talking about, so this man has a point ^^^

Do you need a keyboard with Macro keys or is there some sort of software in which i can apply a Macro to a Numpad number or something?

Good idea! Being a text RPer, i'm not the fastest!

Scorch21    21

So last night I made an entire guide on how to do this... But then later realized Battleye blocks outside programs from interacting with DayZ. So basically AutoHotkey wont work with DayZ, and I had no idea because I use my keyboard and mouse drivers to run the macros instead of an outside program.

But don't worry I'll figure out another way to do it for you guys.

Edit: Okay I may have figured it out. It wasn't Battleye, it was fullscreen mode, that's why it only worked for some people. Expect a new guide soon.