Server time: 2017-08-21, 08:34

Sign in to follow this  
Dustup

Tent & Barrel time resets

Question

Dustup    118

So last patch they put in reduced timers for tents and barrels and to reset the timer you had to completely empty the tent/barrel pick them up and place them down again.  Does anyone know if this is still the case or whether it has gone back to simply interacting with them in order to reset the timer?

12 answers to this question

Hebi Kotei    302

Hello Dustup,

The current reset timer for both barrels and tents is about 7-8 days before the containers reset/despawn. To reset the timer you need to take everything out and move it slightly and then move everything back in.

Does this answer your question?

Pretty sure you don't have to move everything out but u need to move something inside of it about every 7 days

Aiko    578

Actually HebI is right. You need to take everything out, pick it up set out back down. Then put everything back. That's how it works. :3

DarkSide    231

-

-

I mean not to correct you two but 30 minutes for most items, 8 days for unmoved barrels, cars and protector cases. Most backpacks last longer than 30 min too, 2 hours as far as I remember. Improvised backpack 30 minutes or 1hour, don't really remember.

As I myself have many barrels across many servers and all I need to do is move the items inside the barrel and it wont despawn.

as long as you interact with the contents or the barrel itself (opening and closign the lid) your barrel should be good know people who havent moved their barrels it was still there after 3 weeks :)

I thought I was right I've had a barrel for 3+ weeks aswell and never moved it or dropped everything inside.

I am currently testing this and I have a tent up that has not been interacted with but contains items that has lasted going on nine days now. I also put a barrel in same locale and didnt have anything in it and it disappeared within 24 hours of being placed. No one took it as they would have taken the more valuable items in the barrel next to it. But will have a more detailed explination soon.

-Mjr. Lee Fubar

CorbSlayer    34

I had a barrel sit in one place for 2-3 weeks, untouched. When i came back it was still there, so i think the reset timer is longer than 7-8 days

Aiko    578

It used to be that way, unless they recently fixed it which it might have been. I haven't myself tested it out recently, but last I did even when someone was messing with them constantly. After a week, they disappeared because they weren't reset. Like as in picking up the barrel and setting it back down. Sounds as if this might have changed, but seeing as I haven't tested it myself. I can't be sure.

But if they are fixed, everyone is correct and they should stay there as long as you continue to take things in and out of it.

Does this help and solve your question?

Alex    451

8 days for tents/barrels, opening the lid/moving an item does the reset. It wasn't this way in 0.59 because that functionality was set for 0.60.

Aiko    578

If you have any more questions, dont be afraid of jumping into TS and contacting a CH. ^_^

/Solved