Server time: 2017-08-16, 21:40

Sign in to follow this  
Addict

(Idea) Adrenaline Status Effect (Opinions?)

Addict    0

Have you ever been shot at while running up a Hill and you get Frustrated because you dont run, you walk?

I understand the ZigZag concept but it doesnt work on a High Angle Slope.

Here is what I propose :

Player Shoots Firearm = > Does Bullet Whiz past Target  = > No = > Nothing Happens.

||

V

Yes

||

V

Give Adrenaline Status Effect (Increase Running Speed despite Slope Angle, Increase Melee Damage Slightly)

Additional Factors:

Player Self Injects Epinephrine = > Does player have Adrenaline Status Effect = > No = > Nothing Happens.

||

V

Yes

||

V

Player induced into Massive Heart Attack, unconscious for 10 Seconds, if not Defibrillated  player will die.

I believe this would be an Awesome, realistic Addition, and the Additional Factors would be Harsh, but awesome.

Ramon    328

What..? Sorry maybe it's just me, but I don't understand you...

GreekGodx    117

Sounds like an interesting concept. The devs are probably working on something similar like that in the near future, but right now I know they are working on completing a weight system that is similar to Fallout's weight system.

Alex    451

I could see it happening, although it's going to be hard implementing something like adrenaline realistically. Shock is already not that great visually because there is no visual counterpart of shock, so it may be confusing as how it would 'look' I guess.

Wulfe    6

I don't know, how would it affect the players? Because I think the last thing most people want is their target to get a speed boost when they start shooting.

Hebi Kotei    302

I don't know, how would it affect the players? Because I think the last thing most people want is their target to get a speed boost when they start shooting.

I was thinking of a speed and stamina boost, like it usually does in real life.

Castiel    1124

Could be a nice addition, if done realistically. But this is DayZ, so don't expect it anytime soon.

Hebi Kotei    302

However, this is a game mechanic which the DayZ dev team can only add, since there is no modding support, we'll just have to wait and twiddle our thumbs in the mean time.

Wulfe    6

I was thinking of a speed and stamina boost, like it usually does in real life.

With a proper stamina system, I think a stamina boost would be ideal. Not sure about speed, I suppose I'd have to see it in action to judge.

Jester    48

If we had a stamina system it make make sense to put an adrenaline system in. But the current patch of the game has characters who can sprint across the map non stop and within 30 seconds be calm enough to shoot 1000m.

although more realistic game play would be cool, its ultimately a game.

LightGhillie    84

I think it could work and most likely something similar will be added...But knowing DayZ it will probably be extremely buggy and will cause multiple deaths when its released.

Addict    0

Really great input everyone, awesome to see such a good response.

I agree with you all, I feel like until a proper Stamina System is implemented this would be a no go.

I've heard that 420 DAYZ ( A Half Assed 0.61 Free to Play version) has a similar system that they added themselves.

I've looked it up but havent gotten any results, would be nice to see something like this in Action.

Honestly I feel enough adrenaline when in a firefight already, but a mechanic along the lines of your concept would be interesting.