Server time: 2017-08-21, 23:56

Sign in to follow this  
Malet

Harming a complying hostage

Question

Malet    43

While looking through the "Solved Report"-Section I stumpled across this report here ... and it left me rather curious.

The verdict states that shooting a complying hostage is legal, as long as they survive the shoot.

Do I understand that correctly?

So I can basically shoot, punch and cut a hostage who didnt try to be mouthy or tried to run away as long and as much as I want as long as they dont die?

I'm confused because that seems more like a lottery with the hostages health status to me than a proper rule and I thought I saw reports in the past where harming a complying hostage in a physical way was punished.

Thanks for the help :)

10 answers to this question

Yeah you skate a very fine line of a ban but if you understand shock value and blood damage you can do a good amount of actual damage before having to emote.

Yeah you skate a very fine line of a ban but if you understand shock value and blood damage you can do a good amount of actual damage before having to emote.

^^ If they die, it's on your head when the report drops, but if you think you can get away with getting a few whacks in, it can lend some real urgency. I'd recommend keeping saline and bandages/rags on hand in case the situation goes south.

Hicks    55

Although I wouldn't recommend it unless you 100% sure you won't kill them no it's not against the rules. If you accidentally kill your hostage however you are still responsible as killing a complying hostage without execution rights is against the rules.

Malet    43

Hm, interesting. I guess that solves my question.

Thanks guys.

Defiance    96

As far as I remember, shotguns don't do anything other than shock damage and can break legs as long as the legs are the only thing targeted.

I've been RPing out using salt rounds for many months now. It's great!

Keira    1045

As far as I remember, shotguns don't do anything other than shock damage and can break legs as long as the legs are the only thing targeted.

We should test this on SOMEONE and make sure they still work like we think they do. ;)

Defiance    96

We should test this on SOMEONE and make sure they still work like we think they do. ;)

I'm on it. ;)

Shotguns in the current patch actually do a -lot- of damage, if it's in the chest or arm...

Defiance    96

Shotguns in the current patch actually do a -lot- of damage, if it's in the chest or arm...

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. I'm definitely not advising anyone to shoot their hostage in the chest, arm, or head. Feet + legs only, and it's usually a GREAT idea to ask OOC permission first!