Server time: 2017-08-19, 22:39

Sign in to follow this  
Addict

Wanting to setup a Massive Trade Post, thoughts?

Addict    0

I want to setup a Massive Trade Post, I want it to be a Permanent Setup as Well.

I am currently waiting for whitelisting, but once (if so) im accepted I will begin collecting tents.

I will use these tents to create an enclosed Area, in which Players of certain groups/factions will be able to Trade in.

There may also be an area for Citizens from the Coast to come and Trade, make the Post on the Coast so they can easily access it.

Any thoughts on what else should be added, and opinions?

-Addict

Make sure you recruit people to guard it 24/7 and don't cry if you come back one day and it is all gone.

Samaritan    251

Apologies for this sounding a little negative but people have tried before both officially, guarded by staff and unofficially so I'll give you advice based on the history :)

A trade post has been tried a few times before, were a no initiation zone was set up. Although enjoyable to some others saw it as an opportunity to sit just outside the trade post no imitation zone and wait for people to leave, follow them and then rob them which caused OOC issues. It has pro's and cons for an official trade post and even though it starts with good intentions it normally ends badly.

If you are doing this on you're own, you'd need a large amount of people to police it as it will be attacked repeatedly and disorder will happen which will need to be dealt with swiftly. If you haven't got the man power, your idea of a trade post will die out before it has even started. 24/7 guards would be needed who can de-escalate hostile situations before they become and issue, but as soon as you piss off any of the many bandit groups that inhabit South Zagoria you will be harassed until you relent to their will.

My advice would be to start small and keep mobile. Use a vehicle to transport your wears. If you are static then you're a target but if you keep mobile you should be able to interact with multiple groups/people.

Been tried many times and have just keep failing after time, make sure you have a steady set of members willing to guard or it will go side ways.

Addict    0

Thanks for the Input. Ill keep that in mind, the Mobile Trading sounds like a good Idea, any suggestions for that? Maybe a Trading Convoy?

Species    237

Good luck is my only words to you, sir.

Wulfe    6

If its just you and maybe a few others try loading up a V3S cargo. You could put a tent and some of your wares in there. When you find a nice location, set up the tent and get to work. End up the day just pack it all up again.

Also when you're parked take the battery or spark plug out. Don't want someone to drive off with your car when trading.

Melvin    84

Ensure that half of the server is sitting on the mountain on any time, and the other half is getting ready to pack up the tents the moment you log off.

Harsh reality of DayZRP. People flock to the gear. Roleplay comes later. And when roleplay is null, expect the gear to be picked clean.

It has been done before however, so don't let me dampen your spirits. ;)

Addict    0

I've decided to run an Armed Trading Convoy that will be Private to specific Factions.

We will be Operating with a Bus for Personel and two Cargo' for storage, if you would like your Group to be Included in the Customers, PM me.

Mercy    494

People have tried setting up posts/hotspot locations/campfire places etc and you always get some person either KOS'ing with either grenades or landmines.

Kanye    14

If you don't have the PVP strength to defend from 15 people, you don't have the ability to do this for long.

Goku    61

Great idea, very hard to keep active. If/when your whitelist is accepted you will see what I mean. But hey you might be able to get this work so if/when you get accepted I'd like to see this happen.

+1 from me.

Stradic    254

It's definitely doable. Some tips I will share:

1- Don't setup in the usual RP hotspots.

2- Only take some items to trade off and store the rest.

3- Make sure you have people on overwatch when trading.

4- Don't stay in one area for to long. Its best you keep changing locations.

Well there's Outrun atm, and also make sure you get all the supplies legitimately, and not duplicated or anything, as that's against the rules before. Also like someone said before, don't get mad/salty if all your shit gets stolen.

Scorch21    21

Why don't you try to repopulate a town or something? Each person would have a house within the town and you could use lockpicks to lock the doors. If you wanted you could even have specialized jobs for the citizens; sheriff, police officers, hunters, mechanics to fix vehicles, shop keeps, infected security. I don't really know how it would work out with hostiles but if you use the in game houses there's no way some asshole could come up and empty your tents out. It would also solve any persistence issues as well. If you wanted to trade you could just trade out of your inventory or maybe have one or two storage tents if you had to.