Server time: 2017-08-22, 13:05

Sign in to follow this  
FiftyFootAnt

Change Group link in drop-down menu

The suggestion itself is pretty straightforward: I think the "Group" link in the "DayZRP" drop-down menu at the top of the page should point to the Group Control Panel, not the active group list. The active group list link should be moved to the Community drop-down.

My reasoning: currently the group invitation system is screwy. Those of us who have been around a hot minute know where to look for group invites, but not the newer guys. When the UHC first got our own Active Group entry, most of our new guys had no idea the Group Control Panel existed, and I had to walk several people through the process of finding it. In my personal opinion having the CP be only accessible through a small text link in the corner of the Active Groups list doesn't make a lot of sense. I think having the link point directly to the CP would be more intuitive and straightforward.

+1

Agreed. I didn't like the change made to display the active groups. The active groups should have it's own link in the drop down menu. :)

Castiel    1124

I don't see why not, this also links back to a previous suggestion thread which brought forward the idea of getting an alert when you were invited to a group's CP. 

+1 from me, but remember Rolle is working on a new website which will overhaul the current group / CP system.

I don't see why not, this also links back to a previous suggestion thread which brought forward the idea of getting an alert when you were invited to a group's CP. 

+1 from me, but remember Rolle is working on a new website which will overhaul the current group / CP system.

I did notice that. The reason I went ahead with this suggestion is that (AFAIK) changing what page the link points to is a fairly simple ten-minute-or-less patch job that could save a lot of trouble while we wait for the new site.

New website soon, don't see a need to change it regardless. Just waiting for the new site to see the new group CP-esque area.

Fair enough. Do you know approximately what ETA we might expect for it, or is it still very TBD?

SoonTM is unfortunately the best we can give you right now so just be patient for the time being and we'll have a shiny new website.

Keira    1046

New website soon, don't see a need to change it regardless. Just waiting for the new site to see the new group CP-esque area.

This! +1

Yeah, it'd be a good idea were we not getting a new website soon-ish. +1 anyway.