Server time: 2017-08-17, 11:32

Sign in to follow this  
WillPG

Trading camps

WillPG    0

Though I personally haven't been to a trading post in-game yet. I stumbled across this video, one of the most impressive things I've seen in SA yet.

Also wondering if there is anything like this in DayZRP

(I understand that most if not all might be duped but that still doesn't undermine the great idea of this.)

[video=youtube]

I believe this was shared before, but yeah it is pretty amazing.

isocade    90

At one point or another, there was a couple of trading posts up on Server 1.

Then everyone decided "it's so easy to get gear anyway so why have a trading post LOL!" so people stopped doing them, it's not like they brought any roleplay or anything.

Come trade at our Outrun "not trading" camp!

But seriously, I've seen a few trading camps/zones, but people just lost interest. Hopefully someone brings back a proper trading camp, because like isocade said, it does bring some nice RP, and its a nice change of pace from running circles around the triangle.

Trade camps pop up all the time and they have varying life times but no matter what they are always great places to go, meet people and trade knick knacks with the locals or whomever has set up.

Now on to the video, as awesome it is I agree, lots of duping or a scripters aid by the look of it. A camp as large as that in RP land sadly would not last a weekend with people either attacking it, picking it over during the night or just typical camp stuff.

Dustup    118

Trading camps come and go all the time and they always face the same problem, they get robbed when they aren't on or they get initiated on and robbed when people are there.  I haven't come across anything on this scale on DAYZRP that was actually a trading camp though.

If my group gets accepted, well we are probably going to do it anyways regardless. My buddies and I plan on making something like this because it does bring awesome RP. We're just nervous about a big group coming and starting trouble but we're trying to recruit.

Melvin    84

I personally don't like such an idea until tent persistence and vehicle persistence are fully implemented. Hate to see hard work get wiped in a single reset.

Malet    43

I think trading camps always have the same story.

They get set up.

They attract people.

They get robbed/initiated.

They are upset/salty.

They complain about missing rules for settkement/camp protection.

They drop the idea.

I dont mean to ruin your idea, do it by any means if you want. I'm just saying this is how it went 10/10 times so far (personal experience included!) and it will stay this way until Bohemia implements proper fortifications and base building assets.

WillPG    0

I think trading camps always have the same story.

They get set up.

They attract people.

They get robbed/initiated.

They are upset/salty.

They complain about missing rules for settkement/camp protection.

They drop the idea.

I dont mean to ruin your idea, do it by any means if you want. I'm just saying this is how it went 10/10 times so far (personal experience included!) and it will stay this way until Bohemia implements proper fortifications and base building assets.

I agree, I myself wasn't gonna start a trading camp because as you said it always disappears and loses interests.

I don't think Bohemia can really change how it works apart from adding in a mod API to where people can make mods to the game files and create their own. (Hopefully sometime in Beta.)

JimRP    153

This was posted before and I believe it's pretty cool.

Would be cool to also see it happen in-game.

Hopefully base-building in 0.61 will make something like this possible.

DamonWebb    0

I definitely hope Bohemia puts something out there where trading posts are a viable idea. I would love to have the option. I think having lockable gates or stone "T-Walls" like in Iraq to protect them when no one is online would be awesome. I think they would also need to make it so breaking in would be possible but very very hard. That way the bandits would have something to strive for in their RP and the owners would have to work at it to protect it without it being completely impossible. Maybe auto turrets or somethong of the like that kills zombies or someone that attacks the base.

Castiel    1124

I definitely hope Bohemia puts something out there where trading posts are a viable idea. I would love to have the option. I think having lockable gates or stone "T-Walls" like in Iraq to protect them when no one is online would be awesome. I think they would also need to make it so breaking in would be possible but very very hard. That way the bandits would have something to strive for in their RP and the owners would have to work at it to protect it without it being completely impossible. Maybe auto turrets or somethong of the like that kills zombies or someone that attacks the base.

Auto-turrets sound a bit far fetched, but realistic basic defence systems would be cool for settlements.

Trading camps work for about a week or two then everyone finds out they're there and they get harassed to the point they shut down, I would love to see a group bring a big trading zone and not get shut down rapidly.

Trading camps work for about a week or two then everyone finds out they're there and they get harassed to the point they shut down, I would love to see a group bring a big trading zone and not get shut down rapidly.

+1

Wulfe    6

-snip-  Maybe auto turrets or somethong of the like that kills zombies or someone that attacks the base.

No auto-turrets please. Some sturdy walls should be enough. 

On that note, if we could build walled settlements we could take it back to the Dark Ages and end up with sieges. Would be an interesting dynamic.

WillPG    0

-snip-  Maybe auto turrets or somethong of the like that kills zombies or someone that attacks the base.

No auto-turrets please. Some sturdy walls should be enough. 

On that note, if we could build walled settlements we could take it back to the Dark Ages and end up with sieges. Would be an interesting dynamic.

Aren't they adding in an electric fence or something? I think thats what has been floating around.

At one point or another, there was a couple of trading posts up on Server 1.

Then everyone decided "it's so easy to get gear anyway so why have a trading post LOL!" so people stopped doing them, it's not like they brought any roleplay or anything.

Pfft. Why would anyone actually wanna roleplay? You could lose gear that way you know...

-Set up a big active group,

-Set up a store which is easy to defend 

-Spread the word

-Only let one person at the time enter the store

-Use force on every single person not keeping his guns holstered 

-Do a lockdown on the store when getting in trouble

One strong force which only needs to defend 1-2 Entrances should keep the store alive

Keep the store closed when your not able to defend it properly

The ones who show power will win

The only way to keep a trading post alive atm is to have people staying there as much as possible

That + very strict rules would do it forr some time hahaha

Have seen this on here before also. If memory serves.. it was created on a server connected to a hive that no-one had access to unless conected to that hive. Which was how it was protected. As far as duping... maybe. Could you imagine that being done during .59 when you had to take everything out of the containers and move them every eight days. LOT OF WORK!

-Mjr. Lee Fubar

Verne    0

I am currently running a small trading company in the northwest region of Chernarus and have been largely successful in my adventures this past week. Some advice:

-Stay mobile

Move from town to town with the biggest backpacks you can find to stash the gear in. Don't spend too long in any given place because you have a target painted on your back.

-Find neutral settlements to conduct business

Outrun is a great place to rest and conduct trade. Protection is usually given through its large number of inhabitants.

-Hire some private defense contractors that you can trust

Again, strength in numbers. Make sure they are reputable beforehand. Pay them well and tip them appropriately.

-Meet regular and trusted customers and have what they want

Value your customers and give them fair prices; generally they will return. The best customer is a loyal one.

-Use rifle bullets as a pseudo-currency

They are always in high demand and are easy to store. Civilian caliber bullets should be treated as 1/2 as valuable. Explain this to your customers, they will usually agree.

-Persistence

You will be initiated upon and you will find yourself in hostile situations; keep your head high and know that you are not trading because it is the easiest thing to do. Good luck.

Phoenix    1034

That is impressive asf to be honest. I'd love to see someone try and replicate that.

Id love to see it too! 

However, if the whole "blocking off areas with tents" situation is going to be classed as AOGM (which I hope it wont be) sadly this will never be a thing until base building is implemented.

Were currently trying something very similar at the refuge, just not as a trading camp. More like a charity shop of some kind but we are yet to await staffs decision regarding the tent placements.