Server time: 2017-10-17, 06:04
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
xMarrk

The 'Rain-Walls' in DayZ!

xMarrk    7

So, Today I was walking around (as I do) in character on DayZ server 1, where it has been raining a lot lately; but something strange happened, If you see in the video below... using the Alt+mouse function to look around it changed my characters perspective on the In-Game Rain Walls, To some extent this allowed manipulation so that my Character was not subject to becoming wet from the rain, obviously this was not done though.

This is something I found to be awfully interesting, as it's clearly a bug but it was very interesting indeed, You may need to look closely in the video but as I am looking around, the Patches in which most rain fell can be seen moving with my characters viewpoint.

The Video can be seen below... please note this is the first time I personally have experienced this and It may already be a known bug, this took place on server one around 10 minutes prior to this post and I thought it was quite interesting. :-

[video=youtube]

(You May Need to Make the Video Full-Screen)

Perhaps this has already been pointed out on the server, I'm not sure... tell me what you think.

*FORGIVE THE QUALITY; I HAD TO ARTIFICIALLY LIGHTEN THE VIDEO*

Ramon    360

I don't know man, I dont even know what to say....

Maybe a job as a weatherman is something for you?

xMarrk    7

I was thinking something more along the lines of... urm..

Master of Weather and the Time-Space Continuum!

Skinner    496

mutant powers? Storm in dayzrp confirmed!

Wait a minute... I play a bald old doctor who encourages non-violence... am I Professor X?

Hebi Kotei    343

mutant powers? Storm in dayzrp confirmed!

Wait a minute... I play a bald old doctor who encourages non-violence... am I Professor X?

I believe that is up to interpretation ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jamie    1413

Maybe a job as a weatherman is something for you?

You're such a top tier memer.

And this is an interesting bug, not seen it before personally.

GreekGodx    148

Seems pretty interesting, never seen this before myself. Looks like that the devs have light weather barriers as sort of a way to control FPS for the individual, I'm not quite sure.

isocade    90

I've had this happen to me before, it's real strange. I noticed that if I tab out and tab back in during rain, it'd be raining indoors or it'd suddenly be raining significantly harder, or lighter.

xMarrk    7

Yeah; there is quite literally 'blind' spots where the rain does not affect your character, its as though each person has their own individual 'Skybox' when it comes to weather so although we all recognize its raining, the rain and a visual indicator is perhaps clientside?

Wulfe    6

I haven't seen this before in DayZ, although I've had it pouring rain inside of buildings on occasion.