Server time: 2017-08-18, 14:42

Sign in to follow this  
xMarrk

New Steam Chat Integration?

Question

xMarrk    7

Forgive me if I have missed an informative, But i see a 'new' selection on the Community Drop Down named chat?

Is this the Steam Group Chat integrated into our website and if so what is its use? Is it to be used like a shout box etc?

Thanks,

xMarrk

8 answers to this question

Keira    1007

I didn't even notice this! I was hoping there would be some sort of chat for IC and OOC reasons personally but whether or not that will happen is a different thing. Sometimes I don't always enjoy getting in game for RP and would like to have the option for text RP that isn't simply radio chatter.

xMarrk    7

I didn't even notice this! I was hoping there would be some sort of chat for IC and OOC reasons personally but whether or not that will happen is a different thing. Sometimes I don't always enjoy getting in game for RP and would like to have the option for text RP that isn't simply radio chatter.

I didn't until I did my routine checking of the forum, Its an interesting feature to have integrated with multi-use... perhaps Rolle has a announcement post planned for this? I'm not sure.

A positive change, perhaps its intended to help people find each-other on steam as well as to be used as an open shout box for General chatter?

Hebi Kotei    302

Hello xMarrk,

The chat button in the community drop down menu of the forums opens a steam chat for the DayZRP group. It is not integrated into the website as it just opens a window in your steam client of the DayZRP's steam group chat room. I believe it can be used anyway you like as long as it is in line with the community rules

Does this answer your question?

Huh. Well this is new.

Sometimes I don't always enjoy getting in game for RP and would like to have the option for text RP that isn't simply radio chatter.

This ^

Definitely a fan of it and I hope it turns out to be open for text roleplay, too. I got some plans for that already.

xMarrk    7

Oh Of Course; I was just wondering if there was a specific purpose; but if it's just a general little shortcut feature, then thats cool!

Thanks for the replies all.

Hebi Kotei    302

Oh Of Course; I was just wondering if there was a specific purpose; but if it's just a general little shortcut feature, then thats cool!

Thanks for the replies all.

With that being said I will go ahead and /solve this, glad we could help.

RedSky    122

This feature has been on the website quite sometime actually. Rolle just moved the location of it to a more obvious place so people would notice.