Server time: 2017-08-24, 07:04

Sign in to follow this  
Razareth

The MORE you know.

Question

Razareth    218

Greetings everyone,

Since I've been enjoying playing on DayZRP, I decide the enrich myself by diving into the forums.

More specifically the Lore of DayZRP and I came up with a few questions that I would like to discuss with everyone.

These questions are as follow:

* Why is the United Nations hated so much?

* From what I gathered so far there is no mention of a UN betrayal or anything. From my point of view it would seem like the anger should be pointed at other countries (specially Russia)  as they didn't want to send military support as they where to scared (my opinion).

* No Chernarus Defense Forces?

* I can understand that the UN would be disbanded and frowned upon by the people of Chernarus, but why hasn't the CDF tried to regroup and retake Chernarus?

* At the very lease I feel the CDF and Tisy Military Base should be connected. It brings a lot of issues I know, but I can't help but feel that a CDF group should be occupying Tisy. If not there should be some form of them running around.

Now we're getting more into the OOC side questions:

* Shouldn't "Super Soldiers" be limited to being CDF?

* This is a touchy subject, but from my understanding regarding the Lore. There is no reason to have "Soldiers" from other countries in Chernarus. The UN just send vital supplies to Chernarus and not Military personal.

* Of course even then there would be limitation for people being CDF. The first would be not using any Western equipment as they would feel their own is good enough. I'm not suggesting this should be a thing, but more curious as how people feel about the idea.

* "Super Soldiers" aren't fun and are very basic in terms of roleplay. With this idea it would mean the person would have to think about semi-russian military structure, ranks and how they survived the slaughter of CDF.

* Is there any "whitelisting" for groups or can anyone decide to make a group?

* Just curious as I've seen groups come and go and would like to know the process if I ever consider making one.

* Are there territories that can't be  claimed by people?

* Just something I thought about while exploring some places.

* How would a firefight or war start between groups or individuals?

* I know KoS is a big NO with this community (which is why I'm here), but I have wondered. With the rules that are in place, you have to make contact first. The is all fine and well, but how does meeting a guy on the streets turn into a gunfight? How to rival groups fight over something? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this. Also will help me look for signs that I might get my brain blown away.

* Regarding Premium is it a one time donation?

* I've really been enjoying DayZRP. So much that I have considered Premium, though before I just plunge in. I would like to know if it's a donation or a subscription. So I can balance my side correctly.

I know these are probably annoying questions and maybe they have been answered before. I would just like to get my feet wet in this awesome community and what better way then to get a feel of the land from the heart itself.

Thank you for your time.

14 answers to this question

Castiel    1124

/Moved to Questions

Group requirements can be found here

and regarding Premium, taken directly from the Premium Panel:

Premium ranks give you benefits described on the list below. The ranks are based on your total payments made, so for example you can make two separate 20€ payments and still get the 40€ Contributor rank.

As for your other questions, I will leave those for someone else. :)

Razareth    218

Premium ranks give you benefits described on the list below. The ranks are based on your total payments made, so for example you can make two separate 20€ payments and still get the 40€ Contributor rank.

Thanks Castiel :)

Though it might be just me, but I'm still confused regarding Premium.

Am I right when I say it's a one time donation that will accumulate with every donation and with it unlocks certain perks when amounts are reached?

Castiel    1124

Am I right when I say it's a one time donation that will accumulate with every donation and with it unlocks certain perks when amounts are reached?

That is correct. You could donate €5 20 times over a period of months and eventually become a Hall of Famer, or you could make one large donation.

Melvin    84

Personally, I always had the impression that most of the roleplayers who hate on the UN probably didn't even know that the UN was roleplayed before and hopped on the hate wagon.

Personally, for Chang, the UN was an obstruction to the Kingdom in its previous versions and was an enemy to the Kingdom. Hence, he dislikes the organisation.

However, for the rest of the RP, I believe it was because the UN resorted to stealing and pillaging, using their organisation as an excuse and imposters took advantage of the name and killed under that. Furthermore, they were rather inefficient so...:)

Keep in mind this is all OOC infomation.

Razareth    218

That is correct. You could donate €5 20 times over a period of months and eventually become a Hall of Famer, or you could make one large donation.

Thank you :)

Hey there my dude.

It's not lore based when it comes to the UN, there was a group over a year ago and they gave themselves a terrible reputation IC so many rallied against them and hunted them, even now it's still talked about IG.

In the lore the CDF was almost utterly destroyed by the infection within the region with what remaining routed and splintered, over the months and years we've had a few CDF remnants based groups. Tisy is overgrown, abandoned pretty much bar the scavengers.

No, the "Super Solider" attitude is generally frowned upon due to a common theme among them simply showing no fear for realistic situations and ignoring things like pain simply by stating you have "superior training". The UN did send peace keepers in to the region but not many and do not forget they were soldiers too.

Castiel got this one.

No, anyone or group can claim land for themselves within the region and has caused many land disputes between peoples.

If you are "at war" with a group normal rules apply, contact must be made and a valid reason for initiating must be had.

Castiel got this one too.

Does this answer your questions?

Razareth    218

Yep. I'll take your first question.

Personally, I always had the impression that most of the roleplayers who hate on the UN probably didn't even know that the UN was roleplayed before and hopped on the hate wagon.

Personally, for Chang, the UN was an obstruction to the Kingdom in its previous versions and was an enemy to the Kingdom. Hence, he dislikes the organisation.

However, for the rest of the RP, I believe it was because the UN resorted to stealing and pillaging, using their organisation as an excuse and imposters took advantage of the name and killed under that. Furthermore, they were rather inefficient so...:)

Keep in mind this is all OOC infomation.

Thanks Melvin,

Of course this is all OOC ;). Would just like to know what is going on.

I gathered that from the "Active Groups" would have a reason to hate UN or CDF for that matter, cause they symbolize law.

Though is there "Official" reports that the UN steal and pillaged (Lore facts and not rumors).

The same with the imposters (here i would accept IC statement saying they were robbed by people claiming to be UN and dressed accordingly).

I wouldn't called them inefficient. They send workers while the CDF tried to retake Chernarus. When communication was lost the UN was the first to want to send in soldiers to help, but Russia said no. This all happening in a span of 2 weeks. (Stated by the DayZRP Lore).

Hey there my dude.

It's not lore based when it comes to the UN, there was a group over a year ago and they gave themselves a terrible reputation IC so many rallied against them and hunted them, even now it's still talked about IG.

In the lore the CDF was almost utterly destroyed by the infection within the region with what remaining routed and splintered, over the months and years we've had a few CDF remnants based groups. Tisy is overgrown, abandoned pretty much bar the scavengers.

No, the "Super Solider" attitude is generally frowned upon due to a common theme among them simply showing no fear for realistic situations and ignoring things like pain simply by stating you have "superior training". The UN did send peace keepers in to the region but not many and do not forget they were soldiers too.

Castiel got this one.

No, anyone or group can claim land for themselves within the region and has caused many land disputes between peoples.

If you are "at war" with a group normal rules apply, contact must be made and a valid reason for initiating must be had.

Castiel got this one too.

Does this answer your questions?

Thanks Cow :),

I see. You are right as anyone that claims to be UN are usually looked down upon. I have see this happen IC. As I'm fairly new here, this news about a group is new to me. Though I did think is was for such a reason. (Solved)

I am aware of the destruction of the CDF in the Lore. Though again I guess my newness is really showing, as I haven't seen any CDF remnants. Though just because Tisy is overgrown does not mean it can't be rebuild. Though that would remain for IC (Solved)

Yes, I see your point here and I fully understand it. However what I was sort of proposing is a template for the military character so that the whole Super Soldier trend can be resolved. As I stated you would have to know a bit about Russia Military to claim a Soldier character (Not Solved sort of)

(Solved)

(Solved)

(Solved)

(Solved)

-Snip-

Edit/Snip: My bad, I failed to notice you changed that part.

Personally I do not think a template is required as in the end, all soldiers are human as it's only the training that makes them what they are and with the correct experience or research anyone is capable of pulling off a realistic soldier character.

Razareth    218

-Snip-

Edit/Snip: My bad, I failed to notice you changed that part.

Personally I do not think a template is required as in the end, all soldiers are human as it's only the training that makes them what they are and with the correct experience or research anyone is capable of pulling off a realistic soldier character.

No problem :).

It's kind of hard to explain what I mean by it. I think Template is a bad word. It is more in the form of (option and advised to be).

Yes, all soldiers are human. However not all soldiers belong in Chernarus.

As I may refer to the Lore here. No where is it stated that the UN send Military Forces to help. Only UN Workers where send along with "vital supplies" form other countries.

There was talk about it and it kind of pictures that their where "Advisors" send, but no real large amount of outside Soldiers.

Please keep in mind I'm merely trying to understand the Community and just giving my two cents of matters that interest me.

Thank you :)

Have all your questions been answered? :)

-Snip-

That's what I'm trying to do here, answer your questions the best I can and help you understand as you want to.

The UN send Peace Keepers with their workers, there were not many but they were there and like the CDF didn't fair too well against the infection. No other outside forces were sent in other then local CDF and UN forces at the start.

As it comes to a form on a right(?) way to play as a soldier I think there are plenty of resources already in the forums for users to make use of.

Some possible links of usefulness.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Nolan-s-Guide-to-Roleplaying-as-a-CDF-Soldier?highlight=soldier

A short conversation on the topic of UN Soldiers.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-UN-Soldiers-Lore-Discussion?highlight=soldier

Razareth    218

-Snip-

That's what I'm trying to do here, answer your questions the best I can and help you understand as you want to.

The UN send Peace Keepers with their workers, there were not many but they were there and like the CDF didn't fair too well against the infection. No other outside forces were sent in other then local CDF and UN forces at the start.

As it comes to a form on a right(?) way to play as a soldier I think there are plenty of resources already in the forums for users to make use of.

Some possible links of usefulness.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Nolan-s-Guide-to-Roleplaying-as-a-CDF-Soldier?highlight=soldier

A short conversation on the topic of UN Soldiers.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-UN-Soldiers-Lore-Discussion?highlight=soldier

Thank you. I'll consider this resolved then.

Since you consider your questions answered I shall mark this thread as Solved but I will leave it open so if people wish to discuss this subject further.

/Solved.

As I may refer to the Lore here. No where is it stated that the UN send Military Forces to help. Only UN Workers where send along with "vital supplies" form other countries.

That's not actually true. The lore is vague when mentioning UN Peacekeepers but there are portions of the lore that explicitly mention or otherwise imply UN military involvement:

ce72cdf5137e0a1972186f56bc481269.png

9d948ef8d2677dfbbce2cf044a70447e.png

e2c9caad70c1c1dc36b151274cf1f2b0.png