Server time: 2017-10-20, 01:36
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Interview with SweetJoe

Terra    1449

2d3f3cf4df.png

The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the

community together.

The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.

During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.

This week we interviewed:

SweetJoe

Thank you so much for participating!

~Tell us something unique about yourself!~

I guess..I study a lot of Ancient and pre-Modern History, I stay up to date on new archaeological discoveries. I guess you can say I'm an amateur Historian.

~Which section in the Forum are the you most interested in and why??~

Reports and Ban appeals. In my time here, I've found this is the best way of learning the rules. That is one reason, the other reason I have an Interest in these section is due to the banning, perma-banning, and unperma-banning of my Amigos.

~ How did you found out about DayZRP?~

I used to play on pubs with a few of my Real life Amigos, they showed me a Psi video and I saw people (mostly) playing how I played in pubs, except they didnt get OOC Voip and Text in response. I've always roleplayed on Dayz mod, and DayzRP mod was just a better atmosphere for it. My friends and I sent in whitelists, and I was the only one accepted.

~Have you made any friends during your time in this community??~

I've made many, I've lost many.  There are so many people that I miss that will never return, And to them, I wish them well. I still think of them from time to time.

~Is there something that you would like to see added to our community?~

I would like the Dayz Dev team to get their acts together, Release the content they showed us, and promised us. But more over, I NEED them to release modding, Because lets face it,  Our community alone could progress this game far beyond the dayz development team...once they allow us to edit the files. This would allow the admins to create their hack scripts for game monitoring and events and would also allow us to alter the map and gear spawn ratios. What many of you dont realize is how much power we had over the mod. We have no power over standalone.

~What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences?~

I remember the Free Medics, I remember the Ravens nest, The Irish Republican Army, The Russians, CLF, Tradepost, fighting wars against SDS. The Watchers... of course this was all in mod.

Standalone...My greatest memory was playing as IRA men living in a town controlled by a Scotsmen and his group. It was a real town with stores and a police force and even a pub...until PSi came into town. Lewis wasn't the problem, just his viewers who came into town to defend his honor and would tell us that they knew about it cause they saw it on  a video. That bad rp from his viewers led to the towns destruction, his viewers kept going there for 2 months as if it happened yesterday.

besides that...The greatest time I had ever had on standalone was with all the Lads of the Saoirse Brotherhood. I wont get into the complications that arose with staff, but even with that, Those were the best group of people I had ever had the privilege to play with.

~ Do you have a video of your favorite roleplay moment you would like to share with us??~

Sadly I do not record.  But...We used to have a Director follow us around. I will link his Youtube. The video is the group B17 Interacting with him on mod. This is Hostile RP. So shout out to B17 and the Director. [video=youtube]

~Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us?~

One time my friends and I were Fighting a war with Black Hats. We had a musician in our group and they made a parody song against them. here it is. [video=youtube]

~What do you think someone should at least do once while playing DayZRP (funny and serious and of course within the rules)?~

I think everyone should play a Pacifist at least once, a terrorist at least once, and a Hero at least once.

~If you could meet one roleplay character you have met ingame in RL, who it would and why?~

Well, I'm not sure.  Some of the people I play with are...much younger than myself. I wouldnt mind meeting Mr.Parish, and Kpop. but to be honest meeting people over the internet can be...weird.

~Ingame, what is your favorite location to hang out?~

I enjoy the obscure places. Thinking on it i would have to say the lakes or the obscure Industrial areas. Two sides of a coin, but equally nice.

~Is there anything you regret IC and OOC, since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?)~

Yes. however I cannot get into this here, as it would be a great breach in trust to do so on a public forum, I've no shame to tell the story however and if your interested you can ask me in person.

~Do you have any tips or hints for newcomers?~

To Roleplay is to act. To act is to pretend. Just pretend your really in game and ignore the 12 people in teamspeak.

~Is there anything you would like to see more of within the community?~

The Staff team and Rolle have been more lenient allowing many of my fallen comrades to return.  Pre .60 patch I would of said here that people should be allowed a second chance, however they do that now.

So what would I like to see more of, Content released from Dayz dev team so we can begin making Dayz SA into DayZRP Mod. That is what this community always has been, modified gaming for a roleplay setting. We don't have that anymore and I would like to see that return. Rolles Idea of Tanoa might work, and I hope it does. the biggest issue with it so far is that people don't want to spend $30.   The communities been getting better, even if us old mod players are still bitter over the content that we lost with mod and never got back from Dayz SA.

<3

Interested in doing our interview?

Well you could be the potential next one!

We randomly pick people.

Keep a close eye on that PM box!

DickSlide    250

Nice interview. Loved it.

SweetJoe    390

Oh gawd. She wasnt joking...

Terra    1449

~Do you have a video of your favorite funny moment ingame you would like to share with us?~

One time my friends and I were Fighting a war with Black Hats. We had a musician in our group and they made a parody song against them. here it is. [video=youtube]

"That´s for you Paula Hamilton" - That´s me! <3

Love it!

Thank SweetJoe!

Brad    158

Awesome!  Great interview!

SweetJoe    390

Love it!

Thank SweetJoe!

Well ya did drown my lady friend.

Good shit man, best RP I've had has been with you.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. There are so many better than me, you will meet them eventually.

Terra    1449

Love it!

Thank SweetJoe!

Here we go again...she drowned herself! And Paula wasn't even there <3 #oldstory

SweetJoe    390

Love it!

Thank SweetJoe!

Here we go again...she drowned herself! And Paula wasn't even there <3 #oldstory

lmao. Black hats, go figure.

Terra    1449

Paula should have killed you too....

Look what I found! Where you have been a nice guy!

[video=youtube]

SweetJoe    390

Paula should have killed you too....

Look what I found! Where you have been a nice guy!

[video=youtube]

oh wow, the nostalgia. I really wish the staff team could hack the game like they did back in the day, legally and legitimately.

WilliAM    431

Good interview

SpaceCowboy    229

Nice read SweetJoe! :)

Ramon    360

Very nice interview! Thank you ;)

Majoo    742

Nice interview :)

Bowser    53

Loved it. Thanks for the read.

Rick    19

Wasn't our fault she tripped in the water....