Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
siward

medieval battle

#1 or # 2?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. #1 or # 2?

siward    1

Server hosts a special event with two teams in a field with melee weapons and bows where there is an epic charge, players need to gather the equipment themselves of course.

IT WILL BE OOC EVENT THEN, as the people wish.

(this would make it so people can die and the rp situation more rrealistic to what the apocalypse would be like in two years)

2 years after the apocalypse has ensued chernaurus and the ammunitions factories have been in disrepair for a few years, ammunition for guns has become the highest luxury resource that only the rich can affords to have made and only a few bullets at a time. Bandits have resorted to using the bow spear, hatchet and machete for fighting. The world has regressed so far back in so short of time and after another golden age the world has fallen into a dark age once again. Bandit leaders have settled to protecting farms for payment of food and sacking those who don't swear fealty. Battles are won and lost by the bow and spear, and the few who use guns are easily targeted and annialted in battle due to how it represents their potential power to be a rich warlord or a man of clear power, so guns are forgotten and men resort back to the old battle lines of a shield wall where you walk over the dead and dieing, who are both comrade and foe. At the end of the day the real victor is decided by who darkens the sky with the most arrows and the who has the most spear men and maidens. This would happen in the field north west of berenzino.

or

There is a medieval reenactment at zub castle where melee weapons and bows are used where there would be 1 third of the people at the event defending and the other two thirds attack and siege the castle and in this situation your characters for RP reasons are playing dead when they are dead so they can still be considered alive IC. same rules apply with weapons, and outfits should looks close to more medieval style gear not modern day military clothes and motor\cycle helms.

date will be decided 10 hours after this being posted.

type nah if its a bad idea.

xMarrk    7

This does sound cool;

Although im not quite understanding the 'role-play' basis of this, many characters would have no REAL role-play reason to attend this.

Thinking on the sides of just a random-event... there would be no CURRENT DAYZ role-play involved in this, but yet it would be a cool idea for a completely standalone (away from everything else) event.

Moving along to creating characters for this purpose; it would be quite fun but also it would be rather... tolling on preparations due to the CLE.

So as I said, as a standalone random event... sure, as a Role-Play official event... no no no!

Its a mixed yes/no from me.

Zunn    0

Yeh, have to agree, if you want this type of event it should be OOC, much like the last man standing or capture the barrel events.

Alex    465

I'd love to see a fully fledged field battle with swords, bows and pikes and shit, but I'd have to be an OOC event. You can't really RP this out realistically.

+1 if a "for funs" event.

siward    1

This does sound cool;

Although im not quite understanding the 'role-play' basis of this, many characters would have no REAL role-play reason to attend this.

Thinking on the sides of just a random-event... there would be no CURRENT DAYZ role-play involved in this, but yet it would be a cool idea for a completely standalone (away from everything else) event.

Moving along to creating characters for this purpose; it would be quite fun but also it would be rather... tolling on preparations due to the CLE.

So as I said, as a standalone random event... sure, as a Role-Play official event... no no no!

Its a mixed yes/no from me.

i could right two role play scenarios for which ever option is chosen and then have a pole taken on which mmakes more sense.

xMarrk    7

i could right two role play scenarios for which ever option is chosen and then have a pole taken on which mmakes more sense.

You Could! But be sure to include a 'No Thanks' option; That will give you a more clear and accurate result in regards to your Polls

siward    1

I'm gunna say no. This really makes no RP sense in its current form. I'd suggest hosting it independently from the Lore and our IG story-line. Take some inspiration from this: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Last-Team-Standing

it could be a rp event just it wont be based off the current situation in chernaruas according to your lore so in a sense it would be ooc but I think it would be cool to incorporate a role play option to it, I can make a pole to see what peole think.

You Could! But be sure to include a 'No Thanks' option; That will give you a more clear and accurate result in regards to your Polls

yeah at the bottom I said type no so I can incorporate that because I forgot to add it in

Corry    211

i would love to do this but like everyone else said do it as a OOC event

siward    1

i would love to do this but like everyone else said do it as a OOC event

I posted an new thread that has a 3 option pole, so check it out and vote if you want

Vic    0

I'm gunna say no. This really makes no RP sense in its current form. I'd suggest hosting it independently from the Lore and our IG story-line. Take some inspiration from this: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Last-Team-Standing

Lore Masters really suck the fun out of everything.

Volke    131

+1 I would think if Rp'd out correctly or if a proper event is made - it could work :).

Jimmy!    0

+1 I would think if Rp'd out correctly or if a proper event is made - it could work :).

I mean we had Sex Orgy Sheds and Fashion shows. Don't see the issue. Maybe even make it so its not cannon to the lore, just a fun community event.

Volke    131

I mean we had Sex Orgy Sheds and Fashion shows. Don't see the issue. Maybe even make it so its not cannon to the lore, just a fun community event.

*sweats*

Ya - it could just be a fun event. Honestly, bring back the Shack. Ellie needs to be here for it tho :P

Odap the Corruptor    396

-stop-

giphy.gif

Alex    465

-saucy-

N..No. Let's stick with stabbing each other with swords not erm.. other forms of swords.

xMarrk    7

I would probably join with a mace... time to smash some skulls!

(Ref - Casey Jones from the Ninja Turtles)

siward    1

Take out the RP part and it could be fun. It makes no sense RP wise

makes no sense, with the amounts of bullets shot in chernarus and dayz rp, and if safely assumed the same amount were shot per capita around the world, the world would be out of ammunition or dangerously low.

Sign in to follow this