Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:29

Sign in to follow this  
siward

Medieval Events

siward    1

Server hosts a special event with two teams in a field with melee weapons and bows where there is an epic charge, players need to gather the equipment themselves of course.

Edit: 5 years after the apocalypse has ensued chernaurus and the ammunitions factories have been in disrepair for a few years, ammunition for guns has become the highest luxury resource that only the rich can affords to have made and only a few bullets at a time. Bandits have resorted to using the bow spear, hatchet and machete for fighting. The world has regressed so far back in so short of time and after another golden age the world has fallen into a dark age once again. Bandit leaders have settled to protecting farms for payment of food and sacking those who don't swear fealty. Battles are won and lost by the bow and spear, and the few who use guns are easily targeted and annialted in battle due to how it represents their potential power to be a rich warlord or a man of clear power, so guns are forgotten and men resort back to the old battle lines of a shield wall where you walk over the dead and dieing, who are both comrade and foe. At the end of the day the real victor is decided by who darkens the sky with the most arrows and the who has the most spear men and maidens.

Phoenix    1048

Nah im good ;)

siward    1

People of the trees and bow would be attracted to this not urban dwellers

Ramon    331

I think I'm good too thank you.

And if you want to make a event like this I recommend you

write it out on this thread.

Details, information and graphics....

Jamie    1181

Can definitely see a lot of character development and unique role play from this.

Edit: I suppose it could be fun.

Dishes    159

Doesn't really make sense, this is DayZRP not MedievalRP. Sure some sorta "charge" could be incorporated into some kinda event down the road, but I don't see why an entire event would be centered around just running across a field.

Sounds fun, tbh.

Castiel    1124

If you wanna plan the event then go ahead dude. For an OOC event it could be fun, not for roleplay though.

You'd have to expand on the idea ofc, like names of groups, reason they're fighting maybe. There is a lot of potential for it, I think it'd be pretty fun.

Perhaps design an event around this? Possible future where the world regresses and only makes use out of primitive weapons?

Other then that, needs more depth.

Brad    155

We've had a "Chernarus Has Talent" Event, so I'm sure if a server was set aside for this like it was for that, there would be no problems.  

Every now and then we can unwind a little bit here eh?

siward    1

If you wanna plan the event then go ahead dude. For an OOC event it could be fun, not for roleplay though.

yeah not an rp event, it would not make sense, but maybe groups could be represented on the teams.

Phoenix    1048

I am confused as of what you mean by this.

Wulfe    6

OOC yeah it would be pretty fun. That seems to be the general consensus.

Why don't you make an events thread with graphics and a proper layout so people really know what you're talking about? It seems you have enough support here to do this.

If you do this, in my opinion the part about only the rich being able to afford ammo now doesn't make sense- money has no hold 2 years into the apocalypse....

Anyway, good luck!

Ezio012103    8

I would do this it looks really fun. Plus from my time in public im a master at melee combat fighting other fresh spawns with axes on the coast.

siward    1

Why don't you make an events thread with graphics and a proper layout so people really know what you're talking about? It seems you have enough support here to do this.

If you do this, in my opinion the part about only the rich being able to afford ammo now doesn't make sense- money has no hold 2 years into the apocalypse....

Anyway, good luck!

sorry I wasn't here to respond to the post or update it because I was on a bike trip.

-snip-

sorry I wasn't here to respond to the post or update it because I was on a bike trip.

No worries mate, it was just a bit of feedback and advice anyway so I wasn't necessarily expecting any response. 

Just out of curiosity, have you abandoned the idea or are you going to take it further?

siward    1

-snip-

No worries mate, it was just a bit of feedback and advice anyway so I wasn't necessarily expecting any response. 

Just out of curiosity, have you abandoned the idea or are you going to take it further?

I plan on taking it futher if enough people will do it, all it really needs is a admin, and game masters approval to move it forward. because, if its an ooc event there is going to need to be a server dedicated to it for about 2 hours.

-snip-

I think he means that if you'd rather use guns and stuff then this isn't the event for you, i could be wrong but thats what i assume.

siward    1

-snip-

I think he means that if you'd rather use guns and stuff then this isn't the event for you, i could be wrong but thats what i assume.

u got it.

First time I was killed in DayZ was by a guy using an improvised bow and arrow. Would be interesting to see but don't think I would wanna be involved.

-Mjr. Lee Fubar