Server time: 2017-10-24, 04:19
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Falke88

Radio Chatter as a real chat?

Falke88    3

Hey guys...

As mentioned in the title. What about the radio chatter being ported to real frequency chat rooms?

Castiel    1124

Every group channel on TeamSpeak already has an in-character room with a radio frequency.

Shark    0

I'm a bit confused by your suggestion, as you exactly what you're referring to with 'chat rooms'. If it's TS, then yeah, what Castiel said. If not, elaborate.

Cow    0

I like the idea..

*Coughs* Shoutbox Radio Chatter. *Coughs*

Possibility of a TS chan that is text only. You get to avoid the clutter of a ton of voices and the Text can simply be scrolled.

Sofie    0

Having radio chatter on TS are in many cases better. But sadly only those who have groups or the HOF title can have the guarantee that nobody will interrupt them, since they are the ones with closed rooms. I don't think it's doable. But for those who don't have the HOF title or  are members of a group - rooms that could be passworded for a short amount of time only to do radio chatter could be a good feature.

...or just befriend a HOF/staff member that can make you one.

Roger    0

Why not just get an IRC for radio chatter, in that way it could be used as live radio messages. Simple to set up, and it would allow people to make their own channels/rooms at will with the ability to keep them private/open.

Might be something worth looking into honestly.

Rory    1598

I am so confused :D

Brad    158

the interesting thing about a forum based chat - radio chatter - is people could tune into the frequencies and chat in real time, making for a more realistic radio chatter experience.  

Multiple chats could be set up (say frequencey 89.3 is one 95.1 is another, and maybe have a few of these) that way when you say in game frequency  89.3 you would actually go to that chat as if you dialed that frequency.

Alternatively in TS you just have to search out the group you are looking for so perhaps even a series of rooms in the TS chat could be dedicated to actual radio chatter rooms that would be totally public but dedicated to RP only could be set up (although there may be limitations to how many TS channels could be dedicated to this)

An interesting idea for sure!

Falke88    3

the interesting thing about a forum based chat - radio chatter - is people could tune into the frequencies and chat in real time, making for a more realistic radio chatter experience.  

Multiple chats could be set up (say frequencey 89.3 is one 95.1 is another, and maybe have a few of these) that way when you say in game frequency  89.3 you would actually go to that chat as if you dialed that frequency.

Alternatively in TS you just have to search out the group you are looking for so perhaps even a series of rooms in the TS chat could be dedicated to actual radio chatter rooms that would be totally public but dedicated to RP only could be set up (although there may be limitations to how many TS channels could be dedicated to this)

Just like that!

Nolan    0

This would be super cool to use actually. Either suggestion would be very useful and easy to implement.

Falke88    3

I have an example or a use without embedding a Chat into this page.

Using "Discord" may be a good way to do so. It's like Teamspeak/Skype mixed with IRC. The IRC part may be the one that you can open a server without the need to register anything and in there you can create channels.

I'm gonna show an example.

Assume this as a thread context in our Radio Chatter Forum:

Thread Title:

"Freq. 87.5 open" 

If others see there the "open" tag on the thread title they are now allowed to open another Discord Channel/Server with this frequency and therefore not thread which has this frequency and an "open" tag on it - editing the thread title to "closed" will show that the Server has been deactivated or left or whatever. Others now are able to create a thread with this frequency and open it. If a freq. is closed by some in the thread title. It would be awesome to post a radio log for others which hadn't the chance to listen to it in real time but want their character the at least had listened to it. Adding replies on a frequency log would be bad roleplaying)

*Yuri sets up frequency 87.5 and tries to listen to it*

// Discord URL to join in instantly: https://discord.gg/4eukX

Now the Jibber Jabber can start on there - I keep the channel up so try to join in. Am not answering frequently because I'm at work and IC is NOT needed there because its for testing purpose.

I just saw theres a new (?) Chat option under the Community Category O_o is the webdev team responding so freaking fast?

GaryCash    33

A thing like an in character shout box I could see being a cool feature to add to the game, it could work same way as the radio chatter forums work but its like a live feed