Server time: 2017-10-23, 22:47
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Billy

Constant robbery

Billy    0

Now I am pretty new to this community and have only been playing for about a month but I've been noticing that everyone I run into is out to just rob for no reason. Personally I think that there obviously should be people like this as it adds a certain kind of aspect to rp always having to watch your back and stuff, but I don't like the fact that every person or group I run into gives me the fear of being robbed. I just want to know if this is like something that the community has always been like or if it is more of a seasonal thing and people change. Also let me know what you guys think of this.

Diggy    0

It's a bit seasonal, but something you should also expect from time to time. A lot of new players are here now and most of them try and hop into the bandit role a bit too quick due to the rules. I've noticed when these waves die out the initiations drop a bit

Roosky    0

You've been unlucky in the people you encounter. I've encountered many people, only been robbed a couple times. And personally The only thing that will ever make me rob someone is if I need food so bad I'm about to die. But it also depends what you carry on your person as well. For instance, if you are fully loaded with military gear, tons of ammo, and a decked out M4, your chances of being robbed go up by a substantial amount. That being said, I have caught wind, and have seen people rob others blatantly for gear and nothing else.

Samaritan    352

Hello, there have been a few threads on this topic recently and all I can say is how are you acting as your character. I have been initiated on 4 times in nearly three years of me being here. We are nearly 2 years into the apocalypse now so in theory food/drink/clothes/equipment should be hard to come by so you will get initiated on depending on how you act. If you're on your own don't take risk and try to stay away from the Vybor Triangle (Vybor, Kabinino and NWAF).

Scout out area first and if you see a group don't just run straight up to them. Observe how people act before you interact with them and it should give you a good idea on how they will act with you. Think smart.

It depends on how many bandit groups are active, as of right now there is quite a few. Also, due to the recent incline of new users, we also have new bandits. You are walking around in the wasteland and should maybe have a higher guard.

Its not really a seasonal thing, because you will always have robberies taking place no matter what time in the community it is. I think people are just talking about it more now, because a lot of robberies are being executed rather poorly as of late.

Billy    0

Hello, there have been a few threads on this topic recently and all I can say is how are you acting as your character. I have been initiated on 4 times in nearly three years of me being here. We are nearly 2 years into the apocalypse now so in theory food/drink/clothes/equipment should be hard to come by so you will get initiated on depending on how you act. If you're on your own don't take risk and try to stay away from the Vybor Triangle (Vybor, Kabinino and NWAF).

Scout out area first and if you see a group don't just run straight up to them. Observe how people act before you interact with them and it should give you a good idea on how they will act with you. Think smart.

I run alone a lot of the time (I know it's not the best idea) but personally I think that being alone and just trying to talk to anyone I can is the best roleplay experience for me. And don't get me wrong, I could care less about my gear and I think that if dealt with by the right people getting robbed and the rp it comes with is fun as hell and I can get really into it. But it just seems that I never meet anyone good unless they are alone, and even then they will sometimes try to rob me.

It depends on how many bandit groups are active, as of right now there is quite a few. Also, due to the recent incline of new users, we also have new bandits. You are walking around in the wasteland and should maybe have a higher guard.

Its not really a seasonal thing, because you will always have robberies taking place no matter what time in the community it is. I think people are just talking about it more now, because a lot of robberies are being executed rather poorly as of late.

I agree 100% I haven't been here long but I get pretty passionate when I rp...and I've had my fair share of people who rob me and don't even talk to me, they take my shit and run.

Samaritan    352

-SNIP-

I run alone a lot of the time (I know it's not the best idea) but personally I think that being alone and just trying to talk to anyone I can is the best roleplay experience for me. And don't get me wrong, I could care less about my gear and I think that if dealt with by the right people getting robbed and the rp it comes with is fun as hell and I can get really into it. But it just seems that I never meet anyone good unless they are alone, and even then they will sometimes try to rob me.

It is because you haven't met me yet :)

There are also 'good' groups out there but I think you may have been unlucky. There has been a huge influx of player recently and unfortunately a lot of them want to play bandit. Sometimes I believe it is harder to RP as the 'hero'. You'll find good people out there.

I agree 100% I haven't been here long but I get pretty passionate when I rp...and I've had my fair share of people who rob me and don't even talk to me, they take my shit and run.

If you feel that you didn't receive a valid amount of RP during a robbery, you can feel free to report it. Newcomers need to understand that this is a RP server. RP as-in Role-play, not Rob-play.

I myself partake in a lot of robberies, but I understand the rules and know how to hostile RP with someone. At the end of this wave of newcomers, and when all the bad RPer's are gone, you will find the server a lot more fun. I'm not saying that you won't get robbed though.

AndreyQ    0

Most of the times it depends on what gear you have and where do you usually travel. If you have high-level gear and travel around the triangle area then the chances of getting robbed are pretty high, which isn't exactly a bad thing as it can challenge people to be more aware and suspicious.

Billy    0

Most of the times it depends on what gear you have and where do you usually travel. If you have high-level gear and travel around the triangle area then the chances of getting robbed are pretty high, which isn't exactly a bad thing as it can challenge people to be more aware and suspicious.

That's pretty much what I do xD I guess I'm just not realizing the situations I'm putting myself in.

Finn    78

What I usually stick to doing is donning equipment that is not in-demand, which also allows me to waste less time looking for it and more time roleplaying.

Wulfe    6

My advice would be to ditch the Military Equipment, it makes you a target for sure.  If you really dig the look try mixing Military Equipment with Civilian stuff for a paramilitary look.

Try a hoodie with cargo pants and a hunting backpack.

Mathematics    0

If you're being robbed and given a poor experience, it's because a lot of dynamics with newer players are around and.. well, trying to do the same shit PsiSyndicate does. The result? Poor RP.

If you ever run into Tromokratis, we can show you a proper robbery(we never even need to initiate, hahah).

Billy    0

If you're being robbed and given a poor experience, it's because a lot of dynamics with newer players are around and.. well, trying to do the same shit PsiSyndicate does. The result? Poor RP.

If you ever run into Tromokratis, we can show you a proper robbery(we never even need to initiate, hahah).

funny thing is I was actually robbed by tromokratis like 3 days ago before I went on vacation. It was by your leader Apollo and it was very well played. I have your group name carved into my arm.

Mathematics    0

funny thing is I was actually robbed by tromokratis like 3 days ago before I went on vacation. It was by your leader Apollo and it was very well played. I have your group name carved into my arm.

Glad you enjoyed it. While we usually don't go full initiation, when we do, we try to give it the best quality we can.

On the flip-side, and remaining on-topic because this crossed my mind, a lot of newer players we've run into that were immediately disrespectful or sketchy have committed NVFL by being non-compliant, their friends taking shots when informed not to(and usually those friends die), or simply tried baiting.

Whenever we do manage to get a compliant hostage, it's like a godsend.

Billy    0

Glad you enjoyed it. While we usually don't go full initiation, when we do, we try to give it the best quality we can.

On the flip-side, and remaining on-topic because this crossed my mind, a lot of newer players we've run into that were immediately disrespectful or sketchy have committed NVFL by being non-compliant, their friends taking shots when informed not to(and usually those friends die), or simply tried baiting.

Whenever we do manage to get a compliant hostage, it's like a godsend.

Well ask Apollo and see if he remembers "The Templars" I thought we did alright but I could not react too much to the torture because it was very late and I didn't want to wake anyone. But I agree 100% there is a lot of new people that don't take the roleplay as seriously as they should.

Mathematics    0

Well ask Apollo and see if he remembers "The Templars" I thought we did alright but I could not react too much to the torture because it was very late and I didn't want to wake anyone. But I agree 100% there is a lot of new people that don't take the roleplay as seriously as they should.

I'm sure it was all good, man. Not many people can do pain RP(I.E. sounds), so emoting works out well for that. I can also affirm that since Apollo hasn't made an in-group joke involving Templars, that he enjoyed the RP a bit.

But yeah, quite a few newer players(not all, just a majority) seem to take the roleplay as a joke and don't give a damn about the rules nor immersion. Hopefully, once they're weeded out, things will settle down.

Billy    0

I'm sure it was all good, man. Not many people can do pain RP(I.E. sounds), so emoting works out well for that. I can also affirm that since Apollo hasn't made an in-group joke involving Templars, that he enjoyed the RP a bit.

But yeah, quite a few newer players(not all, just a majority) seem to take the roleplay as a joke and don't give a damn about the rules nor immersion. Hopefully, once they're weeded out, things will settle down.

Exactly, in due time the bad ones will get banned or it will get old because they don't take it serious.

Jinx    26

I actually mentored some new players while they robbed some one teaching what not to do and how to make things interesting.. i know we have threads on how to do things but i feel what i was doing helped them more and even the hostage was having fun.. maybe if we set up a metoring channel on ts for people to join and then older players can join ask them what they wanna learn and teach them... that may lower the amount of bad bandits and you may not care if you're being robbed... i may make a suggestion in the suggestion thread for this. Butt i got a bit off topic.. people play bandits because being a bad bandit is the easiest thing to rp you just yell and take their stuff that's why you see so many people doing it... you just gotta kinda help em.

(Sorry for horrible typing i can't type well on my phone i prefer computer)

Billy    0

I actually mentored some new players while they robbed some one teaching what not to do and how to make things interesting.. i know we have threads on how to do things but i feel what i was doing helped them more and even the hostage was having fun.. maybe if we set up a metoring channel on ts for people to join and then older players can join ask them what they wanna learn and teach them... that may lower the amount of bad bandits and you may not care if you're being robbed... i may make a suggestion in the suggestion thread for this. Butt i got a bit off topic.. people play bandits because being a bad bandit is the easiest thing to rp you just yell and take their stuff that's why you see so many people doing it... you just gotta kinda help em.

(Sorry for horrible typing i can't type well on my phone i prefer computer)

I don't think that would be a bad idea l, and yea I agree but if you get someone that knows what they're doing in a robbery it can be very fun.

Dio Brando    22

Well, I haven't been robbed or taken hostage in a month. If your playing a character with a lot of visible gear or weapons that may be why you keep getting robbed. I would suggest playing a more peaceful character wearing more civilian grade clothing and not showing any visible weapons. People tend to stick away from robbing people who don't look like they have much.

Try not being a dick.

Seriously, I've successfully talked my way out of tense situations with what were clearly bandit groups just by being respectful. If you made/play a character who's a hardass, expect to get targeted.

Jack the Ripper    354

I was robbed around 30 minutes ago now. They took some of my weapons, they questioned me about a group they are looking for, they maintained the impression that they were calling the shots, and yet they kept things very civilized. It was honestly a very pleasant experience RPing with them.

You are new, so don't be dissuaded by people who offer poor robbery/hostile/hostage RP. There ARE people out there who do it well, and so long as you aren't too caught up about loosing your gear (which you shouldn't be) you should enjoy many of these situations.

Also keep in mind that if you give good RP as a hostage (eg: act scarred/nervous, show pain, desperation or reluctance) then you will usually receive good RP in turn.

Billy    0

I was robbed around 30 minutes ago now. They took some of my weapons, they questioned me about a group they are looking for, they maintained the impression that they were calling the shots, and yet they kept things very civilized. It was honestly a very pleasant experience RPing with them.

You are new, so don't be dissuaded by people who offer poor robbery/hostile/hostage RP. There ARE people out there who do it well, and so long as you aren't too caught up about loosing your gear (which you shouldn't be) you should enjoy many of these situations.

Also keep in mind that if you give good RP as a hostage (eg: act scarred/nervous, show pain, desperation or reluctance) then you will usually receive good RP in turn.

"Don't worry I am not, I've had my fair share of bad banditry but I have also been robbed by some very skilled people and it has turned into some of my best moments in this community. Don't worry I'm always reacting to getting tortured but I have to admit it probably sounds corny as hell. :P

DamonWebb    0

One thing I will say is I probably never be fully compliant. Why? Because my character is a US Army Special Forces Captain and our general orders teach us not to fully comply and to try to escape and evade. Should make for some good RP if I run across some good RPers.