Server time: 2017-10-17, 22:25
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
osku197

Kos question

Question

osku197    22

So if I understand correctly (started playing last week) im allowed to kill someone if they are robbing someone else (happened to me yesteday) but am I allowed to kill someone if for example they have just killed someone and the bodys on the ground and they admit it?

Extra question: i see people talking about taking limbs how does this affect the player whos limb is taken?

11 answers to this question

Lyca    776

Hey man!

You only can kill hostagetaker when you are in the dynamic group of the hostage and you were in 500 meters away when they initiated.

When you were away more then 500 meters then you also have to reinitiate.

When you arent in the dynamic group of the hostage you have to initiate on the hostagetaker.

So no you cant kill them.

I lost my left arm in a torture session. You have to think what you can do and what you cant do.

Without a prosthetic arm I cant carry heavy guns for example and I need help with a lot of things.

Hope I could help!

Ramon    360

Hello,

As LonelyWolve have said you need to reinitiate on them.

You have NO KoS right on them if you are out of the 500 meters and not being in a dynamic group.

But seeing this already a second time you have some questions I strongly advise you to re read The Rules.

You don't have to do this of course, but I recommend it to you.

Hebi Kotei    345

Hello Osku,

You cannot kill someone if they have just killed a random person and they have admitted it, the person would have to be in a dynamic group with you and you would have to be within 500m of the area where the hostile initiation occurred to have KOS rights on the person that killed your friend, that also goes for any hostile initiation.

On the lines of a missing limb, you would, as LonelyWolve said, have to think about what you would do without it and emote it as such.

i.e. *Hops along the road* if you are missing a leg.

Cow    0

Good evening Osku197.

Ok, so I'll answer all your questions here first off KOS rights and initiating. When you initiate you are granting KOS to the target(s) and they can either comply with your demands or fight back and if they choose to fight back, they are not complying and grant you KOS rights.

If you see someone killed in front of you in any manner that is not a part of your dynamic or official group, you do not gain KOS rights from this however you can choose to act on it by initiating on the hostile party in order to either rob them for revenge or see if they resist and grant you KOS.

When it comes to "taking limbs" it falls under the perma scarring rule where to complete this act you must ask for OOC Permission which leaves the end choice in the person/persons you wish to inflict harm Scarring/Breaking bones/Removing Limbs in a permanent fashion.

Does this answer your question?

xMarrk    7

So if I understand correctly (started playing last week) im allowed to kill someone if they are robbing someone else (happened to me yesteday) but am I allowed to kill someone if for example they have just killed someone and the bodys on the ground and they admit it?

Extra question: i see people talking about taking limbs how does this affect the player whos limb is taken?

what you're looking for is above... as many above have said; however I realize you are also new to DayZRP.. So Welcome!

Just a few words of advice for your time here if you do consider taking on the hero/bandit type of roles :-

1) always consider the 'victim' in each scenario, make sure the role-play isn't restrictive and is enjoyable for all parties involved.

2) always consider your reasons for performing each action in game, for example why have you chosen to kill somebody else.

3) ALWAYS be ready to completely justify your actions/kills/robberies in game, if possible... record each encounter, Personally I record each encounter as a separate VoD so i know which one I need should I need to refer to them (in a report etc.)

4) If you arent sure if you are within your rights to kill, initiate or anything else... simply don't do it, a huge part of DayZRP is holding not only a knowing but an understanding of where the rules apply in each situation, PLEASE PLEASE... don't be afraid to ask if you are in any further confusion on rules and their application!

5) You will probably at a few points in your time here run into bandits, psychos and the like... if something happens that you arent completely happy with, please try your hardest not to let any sort of OOC anger bleed into your IC and vice versa, speak to a member of staff before taking any actions upon yourself OOC.

Other than that, Enjoy your time here buddy!

Harry    18

I believe you have got you're answer with that beign said i will mark this as solved.

/Solved

osku197    22

Well if this is the case then i was wronged a few days ago. Me and my friend were holding a person "hostage" and after looking through his stuff and taking some ammo we decided to trade. He was still tied and he said he had a friend around. We kept him tied so things wouldnt get hostile and suddenly i see someone in the grass outside the tent (northweest airfield) and without saying anything he shot me dead. Later I fiend out from my friend that a firefight broke out and the friend of the person we were holding eventualy shot the person who shot me (he wasnt part of either our group or theirs). So should I have reported him for KOSing?

I thought i knew the rules but i was confused by his actions

xMarrk    7

Well; you should talk to the guy first and discern what actually went on, if you feel like a report is necessary and have the appropriate story then of course. Firstly I would advise you have a chat with the individual to see if it can be resolved, but its completely up to you. 

I mean, after all... you're always welcome to make a report on anything you feel is a violation of the rules!

MapleMooses    0

Well if this is the case then i was wronged a few days ago. Me and my friend were holding a person "hostage" and after looking through his stuff and taking some ammo we decided to trade. He was still tied and he said he had a friend around. We kept him tied so things wouldnt get hostile and suddenly i see someone in the grass outside the tent (northweest airfield) and without saying anything he shot me dead. Later I fiend out from my friend that a firefight broke out and the friend of the person we were holding eventualy shot the person who shot me (he wasnt part of either our group or theirs). So should I have reported him for KOSing?

I thought i knew the rules but i was confused by his actions

Always be cautious when taking someone hostage. If they have friends within 500m - then said friends have KOS rights on you. 

From what I understand, a random guy could have killed you because he saw you taking someone hostage. It makes sense if the hostage did kill his "savior" later on. If you are sure this man was apart of no groups or friends with the guy you were taking hostage.. then yes, this is a rule break.

You always have the right to put up a report, logs will shed light on the situation so you know what really happened.

Skinner    496

You can't just walk up to a hostile situation you know nothing about and just shoot the person with the gun. Remember that no matter what you think is going on, you have no idea who the "good guy" is, you have no idea about what history the two parties have with one another. If you are traveling with a person or sharing a camp fire and they get initiated upon, by all means you are well within your rights to try to rescue them. But if you just happen upon a hostile situation and you don't know either party involved, you really need to stay out of it.

You can certainly try to RP with them and learn what's going on, any maybe even initiate if you discover that you don't like the situation. You certainly don't have KOS rights just because you saw somebody robbing or torturing or being hostile to somebody (unless your character personally knows somebody involved in the situation)