Server time: 2017-08-21, 06:47

Sign in to follow this  
Spikedwyvern

injected with the infection

Question

If your character is injected with the virus will it kill or turn you or is their a chance your character would survive?

15 answers to this question

That choice is completely up to you. Because, we can't force people to become infected or not. You can roleplay that you are immune or not.

Because, when you are roaming in game and get hit by a zombie, you can either roleplay that he infected you or didn't.  Or if someone injected you with the infection, with your ooc permission of course, you can decide that you get sick and that's it. This is entirely up to you. :)

/Moved to questions.

If you are injected with bodyfluids from an infected you will die/turn if your character is non-immune. Immune characters will survive this. It is up to you if you are immune or not. But remember that if you are non-immune you can't become immune without a vaccine, so you need to stick with what you decide for your character.

I advice you to read about the virus here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Continuation-The-Infection--86396

Castiel    1124

If you are immune as many other players choose to be, you can survive this. However if your character is not immune and you decide to roleplay out becoming infected, you will die. The infection has an unprecedented mortality rate.

thanks guys im definitely gonna be immune since my character is less than a week old and i dont want his story to end to soon. Staying away from people that are a little too nice from now on. /solved

I want to specify something. If somebody tries to alter your character by injecting you or scarring you they need to have OOC permission. If not it would be considered powergaming. Nobody can force effects on your character without permission.

William    398

Hehehe sounds like something SOF would do

I want to specify something. If somebody tries to alter your character by injecting you or scarring you they need to have OOC permission. If not it would be considered powergaming. Nobody can force effects on your character without permission.

Well this situation happened to my character by some clowns. durring the entire thing they did not ask for OOC and had carved into my character head and mouth, he did however out of OOC say it was no perminate, but the injection was a biggie that they did not OOC permisson for so...

Hehehe sounds like something SOF would do

It is infact something a previous group did in the past and as Echo stated this if being done to someone else falls under and requires OOC Permission.

Well this situation happened to my character by some clowns. durring the entire thing they did not ask for OOC and had carved into my character head and mouth, he did however out of OOC say it was no perminate, but the injection was a biggie that they did not OOC permisson for so...

Where one does not require permission to torture another player (Such as cutting.) it is polite to ask before hand as to avoid confusion on the content of the RP. OOC permission is required when it comes to any permanent scarring or marking of any kind.

Skinner    439

You have control of your character. If someone injected you with something without your permission, or even if they claim they shot you in the head, you have every right to RP that you are fine however you wish. If you need help, there are plenty of doctors in the community such as myself who would be happy to give you a realistic reason why your character is fine.

As a recent example I've been treating a player character who was infected with the virus and we are helping him to not permadeath.

I remember when I did to people...With their permission ofc...One guy said yes and after we left he sat there playing a flute...

But as everyone has said it's totally up to you.

Hebee    2230

Side note, if you choose to actually roleplay out being infected and becoming an infected you will be shot, Just as all the other infected are.

Just a heads up.

Side note, if you choose to actually roleplay out being infected and becoming an infected you will be shot, Just as all the other infected are.

Just a heads up.

Wait, so if I RP that I got infected - and then become an infected (this is allowed?), everyone has KOS rights on me?

Just a heads up.

Wait, so if I RP that I got infected - and then become an infected (this is allowed?), everyone has KOS rights on me?

Id assume it would be the same as it were in the mod days. If you told people you were infected they could kill you because according to the lore there is no cure and its inevitable that you will become an infected/zombie regardless.

Hebee    2230

Yeah, if you roleplay as an infected people automatically get kos rights on you. As would only make sense.