Server time: 2017-10-21, 03:30
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
siward

1 min no kos period while taking a hostage

siward    1

When you take a hostage it should be typed in chat so logs can see when it was demanded, and that anyone who is in a 100 meter radius can resist the hostage attempt when the demand is first made, and if resistance begins then you can engage in KOS. But if those requirements are not met and the hostages and people targeted to be taken as hostages are all complying then a 1 min grace period for a hostage negotiation can be made, and if the demands are not reasonable then it should be reported, or if your group wants to give n to demands or use violent force then they can do so after the 1 min grace period of negotiation has ended, if the negotiation time wants to be extended by both partied then a member of each party involved should type // extend by 1 min within a 10 second period of difference from each other. If the demands given by the hostage takers are not met by the opposing parties within reasonable parameters then the hostage takers should gain execution rights over the hostages. ( by reasonable time I mean a min of 25 min before execution can be done, if a task is assigned to the hostages group there should be a reasonable amount of time given for the task to be completed with a little leeway) WHAT IM TYING TO DO IS MAKE SO THERE IS MORE OF A CHANCE OF ROLE PLAY TO COME OUT OF A HOSTAGE SITUATION THEN WHAT THERE USSUALY IS, WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN IS THE PARTIES LEADERS TO GET IN CONTACT AND TALK THE SITUATION OUT AND MAKE AN RP RELATED SITUATION NOT A MEXICAN STAND OFF WHERE THE HOSTAGES SIT THERE WHILE THE TO PARTIES SHOOT IT OUT. AND THE TYPING PART I INCLUDED BECAUSE THE LOGS COULD BE CHECKED AND THE ARGUEMENT ON THE FORUMS WOULD BE EASIER TO BE VERDICTED THEN SOMEONES WORD AGAINST ANOTHERS.

This would solve the problem of panic executions or a lack of RP when initiations of this kind begin and it would add to the excitement of a hostage situation and it would add more RP between the hostages the assailants and the outside party of the hostages. 

Eagle- "while negotiations are going on there should be a timer that allows the deal to be done without having everyone shooting all over the place" that's what I mean yes.

[yes] or [no] or [more detail]

Charlo    0

Hey Siward, can you give us a little more information and context to your idea, I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean.

Ramon    360

Can you explain it in a different way? I am not sure what you mean...

SpaceCowboy    229

I am having a hard time understanding this Siward, care to explain in more detail?

Jabba    0

I am failing to understand your suggestion due to the manner in which it is worded and structured. Could you make this more clear?

siward    1

I am failing to understand your suggestion due to the manner in which it is worded and structured. Could you make this more clear?

I just edited it, and I think I clarified it.

Eagle    409

I guess you mean that while negotiations are going on there should be a timer that allows the deal to be done without having everyone shooting all over the place?

siward    1

I guess you mean that while negotiations are going on there should be a timer that allows the deal to be done without having everyone shooting all over the place?

yes that's what I mean.

Asriel    0

I don't think there should be any "no kos" period if people actually have KOS rights. Just doesn't make sense. If you wanna be safe when taking a hostage just make sure you're in a safe area and not in the open when you take a hostage so you can't get shot.

Cow    0

First of all, No.

In my own opinion, the rules are fine as they are. without any need for modification or change. What you're suggestion is an over complicated mess that would result in more Rule Play then Role Play.

So allow me to re-iterate. No.

Zunn    0

Okey, the post is well, very confusing and needs to be worded differently/gone into with more detail. But, I think essentially what you're saying is that a one minute no KOS period should occur after every initiation? And this will be OOC rule?

I'm sure if i'm right but, if that's the case, no. There is no need for a 1 minute no KOS period after every initiation, it would make no IC sense whatsoever, there is no need for an OOC rule which states there should be a 1 minute grace period for hostage negotiations. If your initiation is clean enough so you can get the hostages safe, then if negotiations are required it should be done all in IC.

I fail to see how this would prevent panic executions, if you're referring to the initiators killing a hostage as soon as his friends try to rescue him before any demands are made then this is a rulebreak. As seen here:

cbca230b1c.png

So why would making another rule make these people stop breaking the original rule?

As for adding more excitement, I couldn't think of anything worse during a hostage situation than to have an OOC negotiation timer which I have to extend by typing OOC'ly in the chat logs. Then for it adding to the RP, how would it do this exactly? If people need to negotiate for hostages then they will do it IG and in character.

IMO this would feel very, very restrictive, immersion breaking and unnecessary. So a big no from me.

siward    1

I don't think there should be any "no kos" period if people actually have KOS rights. Just doesn't make sense. If you wanna be safe when taking a hostage just make sure you're in a safe area and not in the open when you take a hostage so you can't get shot.

its not about safety because it allows negotiations for 1 min and that's just for the people to talk and after that they can excute the bad men that take their people if they want.

it will avoid the rdm of hostages and add to the role play experience just a little.

Okey, the post is well, very confusing and needs to be worded differently/gone into with more detail. But, I think essentially what you're saying is that a one minute no KOS period should occur after every initiation? And this will be OOC rule?

I'm sure if i'm right but, if that's the case, no. There is no need for a 1 minute no KOS period after every initiation, it would make no IC sense whatsoever, there is no need for an OOC rule which states there should be a 1 minute grace period for hostage negotiations. If your initiation is clean enough so you can get the hostages safe, then if negotiations are required it should be done all in IC.

I fail to see how this would prevent panic executions, if you're referring to the initiators killing a hostage as soon as his friends try to rescue him before any demands are made then this is a rulebreak. As seen here:

cbca230b1c.png

So why would making another rule make these people stop breaking the original rule?

As for adding more excitement, I couldn't think of anything worse during a hostage situation than to have an OOC negotiation timer which I have to extend by typing OOC'ly in the chat logs. Then for it adding to the RP, how would it do this exactly? If people need to negotiate for hostages then they will do it IG and in character.

IMO this would feel very, very restrictive, immersion breaking and unnecessary. So a big no from me.

its to avoid more reports going to the forums and maybe not a 100 meter radius but a clear line of sight on the initiation.

SpaceCowboy    229

If I am not mistaken it is already highly encouraged for people to make the hostage situation more RP friendly then a shoot out. To make the RP more enjoyable for the hostages and all those involved. Unfortunately if what you are suggesting were to become rules there maybe more reports as to people using rule play if a situation does not work the way another party would.

I believe the current rules are fine as is and I encourage an rp situation to occur before a "gunfight at the OK corral" happens.

My answer is NO

Zunn    0

its to avoid more reports going to the forums and maybe not a 100 meter radius but a clear line of sight on the initiation.

Right...I still fail to see how this would lead to less reports being made, can you elaborate how this suggestion would reduce the amount of RDMs as you said?

Cow    0

-Snip-

What you're suggesting is already solidified within the community rules and RP is always encouraged over PVP no matter the situation.

siward    1

If I am not mistaken it is already highly encouraged for people to make the hostage situation more RP friendly then a shoot out. To make the RP more enjoyable for the hostages and all those involved. Unfortunately if what you are suggesting were to become rules there maybe more reports as to people using rule play if a situation does not work the way another party would.

I believe the current rules are fine as is and I encourage an rp situation to occur before a "gunfight at the OK corral" happens.

My answer is NO

your comment makes sense and if you have the power can you remove the thread that I started and eend the topic so it doesn't waste time.