Server time: 2017-10-21, 08:47
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Billy

Running into an active gunfight

Question

Billy    0

Multiple times I have experienced what has seemed to be people that I have not identified run into a fight between my group and others. Sometimes, I have also been reported because I have shot these players on accident mistaking them for the enemy, I was not banned for these reports. The reason I made this thread is because I want to know if what I'm doing is ok or if there is a better way to approach these situations.

Multiple times I have experienced what has seemed to be people that I have not identified run into a fight between my group and others. Sometimes, I have also been reported because I have shot these players on accident mistaking them for the enemy, I was not banned for these reports. The reason I made this thread is because I want to know if what I'm doing is ok or if there is a better way to approach these situations.

Also if I am not clear on something I will try to re explain it or elaborate, this is my first thread like this.

15 answers to this question

Jinx    20

If you aren't sure they are the enemy don't shoot it's your job in a fire fight to know your enemies if unsure approach and initiate if you get killed at least you won't get reported

Billy    0

If you aren't sure they are the enemy don't shoot it's your job in a fire fight to know your enemies if unsure approach and initiate if you get killed at least you won't get reported

Fair enough, thank you.

Jinx    20

Fair enough, thank you.

If you have any questions about this situation or any others feel free to approach me in pms.

It is your responsibility to ID your targets before you shoot, but it is also up to the people to use common sense if they know if they are near an active firefight to get out of the area. Accidents do happen though but the best way to avoid these accidents from my experience is to yell "Get the fuck out of the area now, there's a fight going down" or something similar if people are near ya. And if they don't listen to warnings or obvious signs of the firefight being in the area then it's really on them, in my opinion it is at least.

MapleMooses    0

It is your responsibility as stated in the rules... but there's always those idiots running around with guns out in the middle of a firefight.

Aiko    649

Good Day. ^_^

Not sure if I am answering this correctly, but your asking since you been reported for KOS in a firefight situation. If its allowed to KOS in that situation?  But circumstances happen where, people run into the middle of a situation. Where they know, for a fact that a fire fight is going on. Depending on the severity of the KOS, you will most likely get a ban for KOS in a fire fight. But as stated, always be sure to identify before you shoot. As I will quote the rules.

Always confirm your target; if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk a KoS.

Does this answer your question?

Billy    0

It is your responsibility to ID your targets before you shoot, but it is also up to the people to use common sense if they know if they are near an active firefight to get out of the area. Accidents do happen though but the best way to avoid these accidents from my experience is to yell "Get the fuck out of the area now, there's a fight going down" or something similar if people are near ya. And if they don't listen to warnings or obvious signs of the firefight being in the area then it's really on them, in my opinion it is at least.

Thank you for your input!

Zunn    0

If somebody knowingly enters an area where an active firefight is taking place then they will generally be banned for NVFL. However, it is still your responsibility to ID your targets and if you're reckless you can also get banned for MisID. To avoid MisIDing people my advice would be to use common sense, if the person doesn't have their gun out, they're usually not apart of the firefight. Just ease up on the trigger finger, see what they're doing first and whenever in doubt always re-initiate to be sure.

Billy    0

If somebody knowingly enters an area where an active firefight is taking place then they will generally be banned for NVFL. However, it is still your responsibility to ID your targets and if you're reckless you can also get banned for MisID. To avoid MisIDing people my advice would be to use common sense, if the person doesn't have their gun out, they're usually not apart of the firefight. Just ease up on the trigger finger, see what they're doing first and whenever in doubt always re-initiate to be sure.

I agree, now that it is said and brought to light I definetly understand it more.

Skinner    506

If you are in a firefight, always do your best to ID your target before killing them.

If you are running towards a firefight that you are not involved with for any reason, you are showing No Value For Life and will very likely be accidentally shot. Not only should the person who shot you not be punished, but you should be punished for NVFL.

Both sides have a stake in ensuring they behave appropriately.

Aiko    649

Seeing as you got your answer, I am going to go ahead and solve this. If you have any more questions, dont be afraid to PM a CH or put up another question thread.

/Solved

Billy    0

Seeing as you got your answer, I am going to go ahead and solve this. If you have any more questions, dont be afraid to PM a CH or put up another question thread.

/Solved

Nope everything was answered, thank you :D

Boston    776

Good Day. ^_^

Not sure if I am answering this correctly, but your asking since you been reported for KOS in a firefight situation. If its allowed to KOS in that situation?  But circumstances happen where, people run into the middle of a situation. Where they know, for a fact that a fire fight is going on. Depending on the severity of the KOS, you will most likely get a ban for KOS in a fire fight. But as stated, always be sure to identify before you shoot. As I will quote the rules.

Always confirm your target; if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk a KoS.

I have a question to add to this: Is there any circumstance where one will NOT get into trouble for KOS/Firefight KOS? Such as if a random runs into a gunfight with his gun raised, or shoots in the air, or anything like that? Or is it still punishable regardless?

Cow    0

I have a question to add to this: Is there any circumstance where one will NOT get into trouble for KOS/Firefight KOS? Such as if a random runs into a gunfight with his gun raised, or shoots in the air, or anything like that? Or is it still punishable regardless?

Sorry to be vague Boston but it's still possible to be punished even under those circumstances, it can go either way as it depends on a great deal.

Good Day. ^_^

If there is video evidence of this person running in and shooting his weapon in the air, then I think staff would be able to make the call that the person in question is a total moron and the kill was justified. 

Aiko's answer is good, but I really think staff is great at identifying idiots like that and making the right call.