Server time: 2018-08-20, 05:29

Sign in to follow this  
Brady

Switching Games?

DAyz is shit. It always will be shit. But this community seems to love it sooooooooo

2ea91833df0cc91dd84b15e0b9c25b0b.png

59bd6fc64f538693d9f5b3a655bb38cb.png

Yeah, I wonder why tbh

Jul 2015

You will never know

Part of me wishes I was new to this community again and hadn't experienced the mod because Standalone just doesn't compare in regards to the varied RP we used to have IMO. These days everyone looks the same, everyone has M4's, talks about their M4's & it feels right now that people are relying on a few "main" characters to drive the story here. 

Back on topic but some of the staff replies on here are a bit snide. I know what it's like to be asked the same question over and see the same topics spring up but I feel the first few replies here were a bit dickish. I've noticed this to be a bit of trend on quite a few topics as I've been lurking around the forums and ultimately those types of replies only serve to discourage the community from suggesting new things etc.

Jul 2015

You will never know

Right, because my join date gives you certainty on that.

Part of me wishes I was new to this community again and hadn't experienced the mod because Standalone just doesn't compare in regards to the varied RP we used to have IMO. These days everyone looks the same, everyone has M4's, talks about their M4's & it feels right now that people are relying on a few "main" characters to drive the story here. 

Back on topic but some of the staff replies on here are a bit snide. I know what it's like to be asked the same question over and see the same topics spring up but I feel the first few replies here were a bit dickish. I've noticed this to be a bit of trend on quite a few topics as I've been lurking around the forums and ultimately those types of replies only serve to discourage the community from suggesting new things etc.

In my opinion it's really not hard to have a bit of a search before posting something, It's what I've always done. ArmA3 Mod threads clutter the forums because people don't take the time to actually find out the general opinion or find other threads. There was two admittedly quite huge threads on ArmA3 not that long ago, and Rolle's announced an official new ArmA3 Project. It's not unrealistic for us to look at suggestion threads this way after all of that emerges and people still don't read.

On your point above, if that's the kind of RP you receive, you're doing something wrong tbh. I never get that kind of RP and I've never experienced that kind of RP for a long time. SA is different from the Mod in many ways, and it's clear where you go on the map dictates what you're gonna get. I have no hate against the mod and I know for a fact it was great, but the way it's RP is held in such high regard is because Mod players with this particular opinion on SA are clearly doing something wrong. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.

In my opinion it's really not hard to have a bit of a search before posting something, It's what I've always done. ArmA3 Mod threads clutter the forums because people don't take the time to actually find out the general opinion or find other threads. There was two admittedly quite huge threads on ArmA3 not that long ago, and Rolle's announced an official new ArmA3 Project. It's not unrealistic for us to look at suggestion threads this way after all of that emerges and people still don't read.

On your point above, if that's the kind of RP you receive, you're doing something wrong tbh. I never get that kind of RP and I've never experienced that kind of RP for a long time. SA is different from the Mod in many ways, and it's clear where you go on the map dictates what you're gonna get. I have no hate against the mod and I know for a fact it was great, but the way it's RP is held in such high regard is because Mod players with this particular opinion on SA are clearly doing something wrong. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.

Just because it's what you've always done doesn't mean everyone else is going to adhere to the same methods. The OP saw something, liked the look of it, wanted to see what others thought. You're a gamemaster, you have a responsibility here to be respectful & helpful and you failed on both counts. You can look on them in the way you do amongst yourselves but outwardly to the community and new members, that's a different story. 

Assuming I'm doing something wrong because I'm not having the same experience as you? That's a very naive way to look at it. Two nights ago I was down at Berezino I believe surrounded by around 20 people from different groups and there wasn't any sort of RP that engaged me in the slightest. It's all too comfortable, too mundane & ultimately too safe.

We're not doing anything wrong, the environment here has just changed a lot. Not for the better or worse as that's immeasurable but it's different. The types of groups we see now are far less varied and from looking through the groups and experiencing a few in-game, it's all just a little stale. The previous lore with all the factions from around the world fighting over it gave Chernarus great importance. It was such a coveted area for so many wildly varied groups and that always made it fun. Hearing someone doing a terrible Somalian, Japanese or Middle Eastern accent was funny. It brought a bit of humour here without being trolly. 

Right now I think DayZ as a game is in a great place, I just wish we had this game in the mod days when things were just a little more relaxed. This is coming from someone who has initiated on one person in his entire time in this community and that was to stop someone taking an IC friend hostage. It's honestly not some rose tinted nostalgia, I have hours upon hours of footage back from the days of playing, I've looked back through some of it and it was fantastic. Every group had these really distinguishable characters, you wouldn't just be meeting a group with one leader and 5-6 mutes you'd be meeting a collection of some of the most interesting characters all under one banner.

DayZ SA, even in it's barebones is still the best open world survival/zombie simulator. I do like ArmA3 ALOT! With the 0.60, I have to say that both games are on par with graphics. ArmA 3 is a lot more optimised and runs a lot smoother, but the lack of HUD and inventory like in DayZ is what I think makes it a class of its own.

I'm just waiting for Rolle's project to get up and going, so DayZ SA can die.

-snip-

I'm not gonna go off topic and argue the point but you don't know my responsibilities as a gamemaster well enough to tell me I've failed. I also wasn't saying that you were doing it wrong because you weren't getting my experience, I was merely saying that the quality of RP you describe is not consistent in standalone, that's just an experience you've heard of or had. 

In regards to the actual topic, I've given my opinion on it above so I won't clutter the thread.

I'm not gonna go off topic and argue the point but you don't know my responsibilities as a gamemaster well enough to tell me I've failed.

I do know the responsibilities of staff well having been a staff member previously and having a slightly belittling attitude by posting a gif in response to a community member's suggestion, regardless of how frustrated you are of seeing it is just immature. Just calling it how I see it. I wasn't only referencing your response but I've just seen an increasing trend amongst staff with similar responses. 

I also wasn't saying that you were doing it wrong because you weren't getting my experience

if that's the kind of RP you receive, you're doing something wrong tbh.

:troll:

I never said that the quality of RP was bad, I was merely arguing that the strict restrictions on groups has resulted in a far more stale environment comparatively to the mod. Right now hostile RP seems consists of cannibalism, spiritual/religious ideals, crazy people or GoT/TWD inspired groups. Very few break the mould and do something ever so slightly different. 

This is the reason why quite a few people in this community are looking at other options, a different angle as some people have been RP'ing in the same environment for 3-4 years.

I like the idea of an online multiplayer stalker game with an open world. The game is really underrated in my opinion.

DayZ SA will never die. You only need to look at the consistently full servers to see that. Yes it isn't a polished game yet and it has it's issues but it is the best survival game that is currently on the market and in theory it can only improve. I am all in favour of side projects though, even short term ones as it give people a break from DayZ SA if they need it but they are still connected to the community. Variety and options are always good in my eyes.

DAyz is shit. It always will be shit. But this community seems to love it sooooooooo

Is that a mod players attitude or?

But it is fun shit tho

Is that a mod players attitude or?

Prince is just a troll

I don't wanna be the guy that suggests we get this back on topic, but My post is going to be relevant to the OP's post and ArmStalker...

Honestly, I don't like this mod as soon as I see things like a Gauss riffle etc. It looks very unfinished and copy-pasted so far. I don't think it would make an enjoyable side project, for me at least.

If we are going to have an Arma 3 side project it would have to be the one Rolle has suggested. We brought the mod back at one point, it died, we've had multiple Arma 3 servers, they died. Can you see the correlation? People might say that SA is terrible, yet everyone seems to go back to it. Desolation died because the two biggest groups got bored. Mod died because people got sick of people running up and screaming stuff like 'Chicken! I'd love me so KFC right now!' I have no problem with people suggesting new things to the community but there are two other threads about Arma 3 Mod servers and it would be nice if, I'll say that again, it would be nice IF, before you post a new thread you did some research.

-snip-

To be fair a lot of that isnt dayz standalone's fault thats the players and the community itself that effects that kind of thing you cant make people be interesting and unique they have to do it themselves. The rules dont exactly help with this either as you will never see something so obviously different like the dorangonzu for example again with the rules we have now as its considered bad/troll RP by most people these days depsite the dorangonzu's RP being amazing its not "realistic" and doesnt "fit the setting". Fun kind of went out the window a while ago and was replaced by "hardcore RP" and "realism" which is fun for some people granted but as you said it means that most characters are fairly similar.

As for the game being too safe well again thats on the rules and the mentality of the community people are way too protected currently in my opinion for a game and an RP environment thats meant to be a post apocalyptic survival there needs to be a big unrelenting bandit group to stir things up in my opinion but then again it wouldnt last under the current rules very long.

As for armstalker its literally the stalker assets ported to Arma 3 and nothing more than that. Its also only translated in Russian currently and contains very little to actually do at the moment it wouldn't last very long in its current state its simply not worth the investment at this time.

Also some top quality responses from the staff here not only are they rude they dont even give real reasons as to why this cant happen im not a fan of armstalker and would prefer we dont host a server for it but at least I said why instead of posting a DJ Khaled gif and one word/line answers. Bit of professionalism and courtesy would be good.

-snip-

Also some top quality responses from the staff here not only are they rude they dont even give real reasons as to why this cant happen im not a fan of armstalker and would prefer we dont host a server for it but at least I said why instead of posting a DJ Khaled gif and one word/line answers. Bit of professionalism and courtesy would be good.

Professionalism and Courtesy are a two way street and if you feel we have breached this in anyway please report it in the Staff Feedback thread.

-snip-

Professionalism and Courtesy are a two way street and if you feel we have breached this in anyway please report it in the Staff Feedback thread.

Whilst you are somewhat correct. In the case of being staff you have certain expectations to meet when it comes to presenting yourselves to the community and maintaining professional courtesy....I dont

Im not going to take this all the way to the staff feedback thread because its unnecessary I hold that thread for when I have serious complaints or issues.

IO dont really think its is, but sure lets say it is, is staff not still supposed to uphold both or can they switch and change on will?

DayZ SA will never die. You only need to look at the consistently full servers to see that. Yes it isn't a polished game yet and it has it's issues but it is the best survival game that is currently on the market and in theory it can only improve. I am all in favour of side projects though, even short term ones as it give people a break from DayZ SA if they need it but they are still connected to the community. Variety and options are always good in my eyes.

The game has huge potential but the full servers are down to the resurgence of players from PsiSyndicate. The overall player base of the game is pretty low, the peak today being 9k concurrent players so far. That is lower than every "clone" that has come since: 7 Days to Die, H1Z1, Rust, Unturned. It has a quarter of the player base of ARMA 3. We're under this illusion because of Psi that everything is great and it's constantly improving because we have lots of servers and people playing right now. I just feel that more variety will help. 

If we are going to have an Arma 3 side project it would have to be the one Rolle has suggested. We brought the mod back at one point, it died, we've had multiple Arma 3 servers, they died. Can you see the correlation? People might say that SA is terrible, yet everyone seems to go back to it. Desolation died because the two biggest groups got bored. Mod died because people got sick of people running up and screaming stuff like 'Chicken! I'd love me so KFC right now!' I have no problem with people suggesting new things to the community but there are two other threads about Arma 3 Mod servers and it would be nice if, I'll say that again, it would be nice IF, before you post a new thread you did some research.

I think the Tanoa idea sounds great and I look forward to it. However the mod died because of mass perma bans, the CTC lore that was introduced & a mod and servers that were running terribly. All of those thing combined made for a pretty bad environment to play in and so many people didn't want to. Then we had the rise of ARMA 3 life servers that took off hugely along with the rise in popularity of so many other games. 

Also generalising that the mod died because of people running up and screaming stuff like "Chicken! I'd love me some KFC right now" is unbelievably naive. People like that come into the servers and get banned within a week, just like some guy recently who RP'd shoving a gun up his arse and it smelling like corn. 

With regards to the suggested mod, it's a cool idea but in practice it simply won't work because of many of the reasons above. Copy and pasted legalities, nothing much to do etc.

IO dont really think its is, but sure lets say it is, is staff not still supposed to uphold both or can they switch and change on will?

Well think of it this way. There are two rather large discussion regarding an Arma 3 server. One made by Psisyndicate, the other by Whip. Both are there for discussion on an Arma 3 server. There is also a thread posted by Rolle to which he is suggesting a new Arma 3 server with a new mod that might be more interesting for the members of this community. Now with this being said. Should this thread have been made when there are 3 other threads that are on the same topic of an Arma 3 server? Yes we are staff and yes we are supposed to have a certain amount of professionalism and courtesy, but when a thread is made on the topic that already has a large number of people discussing, what would you expect us to do? We are after all only human and therefore have  different reactions to different scenario's and this is one of them.

Further more this is getting off topic and I have given my opinion on this. Should anyone wish to discuss this with me further, please feel free to PM me and we can continue this without disturbing others from this thread.

Well think of it this way. There are two rather large discussion regarding an Arma 3 server. One made by Psisyndicate, the other by Whip. Both are there for discussion on an Arma 3 server. There is also a thread posted by Rolle to which he is suggesting a new Arma 3 server with a new mod that might be more interesting for the members of this community. Now with this being said. Should this thread have been made when there are 3 other threads that are on the same topic of an Arma 3 server? Yes we are staff and yes we are supposed to have a certain amount of professionalism and courtesy, but when a thread is made on the topic that already has a large number of people discussing, what would you expect us to do? We are after all only human and therefore have  different reactions to different scenario's and this is one of them.

Further more this is getting off topic and I have given my opinion on this. Should anyone wish to discuss this with me further, please feel free to PM me and we can continue this without disturbing others from this thread.

Why did we have to go through dj khaled and all this back and forth before this was made clear? this whole thing could have ended in one post, but staff decides to post gifs?

Edit: and yeah as a reasonbleman i can see there is no reason to keep this thing alive any more, so ill be going somewhere else to discuss this.

First I would like to state that this thread is regarding the Arma 3 mod linked by the OP, not a state of RP address or staff conduct thread. While I can agree there are some posts within this thread that could have been thought out and better constructed. There still seems to be a large portion of discussion remaining off topic. Those who wish to discuss the state of RP are free to create a thread and continue the discussion there and I would highly suggest those referring to the "mod days" do so as well, both discussion hold merit in their own threads but do not need to be discussed here and possibly cause a derailment of this thread.

Back on topic I would like to state the for me this mod is still very much a work in progress and I can see some appeal in the idea for community members. Rolle is currently working on and Arma 3 server and may or may not wish to incorporate ideas from this mod but that is for him to decide as the mod is in early stages. I for one would prefer to see an Arma 3 mod that has a steady activity and does not drop off after a week or 2. It is very clear there are groups within the community who enjoy Arma 3 and would give anything a shot, I think maybe we should take things one step at a time and see what Rolle delivers before planning our next side project.

8X8DMI9.gif

It's just a thread about an ArmA3 mod, settle down people :)

El Presidente has spoken we must now commence the chilling.

But in all seriousness Mods have came and gone in this community they rarely survive unfortunately even when the mod was brought back it died after a month.. DayZ SA is slowly but surely improving and i think that's why we all stick with it.

-snip-