Server time: 2017-10-24, 07:31
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Brady

Switching Games?

Brady    326

Im not sure how the community feels about switching games, but I am a big fan of ArmA 3. If racked up about 2500 hours on the game and it has become one of my favorites. I will be making a longer discussion on this later on, but for now I just want people to look at the possibility's this game has. Lewis recently posted this video on the ArmSTALKER Mod, which shows the extensive amount of weapon and clothing assets that they have. 

[video=youtube]

After watching this video it really turned me on to how great this game is, and how great the modding community is on it. With ArmA 3 we could bring back an official trading area like it was on Arma 2, and many other great game mechanics such as base building. Basically just things restricting us on Dayz Standalone as of now would be non existent. Now I know that the amount of players playing may drop, but in my opinion it would make my in game experience much better. 

As I said im not sure how the community feels, so please dont comment saying that this has been spoken about already. Just an idea, as I said I will be making a longer post on the subject later on.

Dishes    159

No. There's like a thousand threads on this. We aren't switching to any other game, we are playing DayZ Standalone.

Defiance    96

I vote for DayZ Standalone. It's this really good game that all of my friends play.

Cow    0

As cool as this is often is the reply, "The masses may want but that ain't what we're for." Comes in.

We've had side projects before one of them being A3 based with massive support and little turn out.

We currently have another A3 side project in the pipeline but finding the skilled people to make it a reality is proving difficult.

This community will not be "switching games" as DayZ SA is our bread and butter when it comes down to it and will continue to be the main focus of the community at large.

Does this answer your question?

Grimnir    664

Already tired of DayzRP on Standalone?

The mod looks pretty cool, but stuff like this never worked in the past and there is the Tanoan Crisis concept already. So I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

xMarrk    7

Why should it be one or the other? Why dont you make your own gameserver here on DayZRP (im not advocating the creation of another community or anything) but yeah... put a server up for people to use? :)

Hatch    0

With ArmA 3 we could bring back an official trading area like it was on Arma 2,

This part alone made me give a -1 to this suggestion.

In all seriousness though this community's main game is DayZ and will most likely always stay as that. It's fun at times to branch off into different games but only as side-projects.

Autumn    127

With ArmA 3 we could bring back an official trading area like it was on Arma 2,

This part alone made me give a -1 to this suggestion.

In all seriousness though this community's main game is DayZ and will most likely always stay as that. It's fun at times to branch off into different games but only as side-projects.

With my -1 that makes a -2.

I dont think a trading zone is needed, ever. There shouldn't be a safezone as in the world, there isn't a safezone, just the illusion of safety.

But all and all, summing it up, no. These side-projects die quickly and use up resources that the community might need to use at a later date. While I like the Tanoan crisis concept, I still maintain my stance.

Alex    465

I love ArmA3, don't get me wrong. But we ain't switching. Well planned well prepared projects can develop into other RP opportunities, but the main game and founding game is DayZ.

Bran    0

The only reason that I would play ArmA 3 again would be for TFR.

and maybe Tanoan Crisis, that would require me to buy Apex I guess :)

Prince    119

DAyz is shit. It always will be shit. But this community seems to love it sooooooooo

Ramon    360

NOOOOO! Just noooo!

LightGhillie    91

No..Arma 3 is way too military. I mean, that is what A3 was made for a military sim. DayZ SA is an Apocalyptic Zombie Survival game. When Community Modding comes out for Standalone it will be so much better. And its already pretty good right now.

isocade    90

You're better off getting your own community started. I highly support the idea, but it's very clear and apparent that others do not. Best of luck in your future endeavors, because a lot of people are going to remember you as "that guy", unfortunately.

Alex    465

DAyz is shit. It always will be shit. But this community seems to love it sooooooooo

2ea91833df0cc91dd84b15e0b9c25b0b.png

59bd6fc64f538693d9f5b3a655bb38cb.png

Yeah, I wonder why tbh

Cipher    0

I personally am all for switching to Arma 3 for DayZRP. I don't really understand why a heavily nodded Arma 3 couldn't be our bread and butter, I mean, wasn't that how we started with Arma 2 and the mod? But I wasn't here for that so maybe I don't understand.

Either way if someone started an Arma 3 RP server, through Desolation or something similar, I'd play it. (But DayZ Standalone is good too)

Diamond    0

A thread on change is a no Bueno m8, people tend to operate based On the majority. If the majority or certain people dont support the idea people who do want it will shoot the idea down to avoid going against the crowd. It's popular opinion and playing for the winning team most of the time.

Thumper    0

and for people who didnt play Stalker, Stalker on Arma 3 is still Stalker. No thanks.

Prince    119

2ea91833df0cc91dd84b15e0b9c25b0b.png

59bd6fc64f538693d9f5b3a655bb38cb.png

Yeah, I wonder why tbh

Jul 2015

You will never know