Server time: 2017-10-21, 12:31
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Reinhardt

Shadowplay advice.

Question

Reinhardt    17

I have a question. Whenever I record on Shadowplay there is a lot of background on my audio and thus a lot of irritating 'hot-micing' is made. Because of this; I went to try and make the settings into push to talk.

The shadowplay settings only seem to allow me to have ONE key to be my push to talk key. I want to find out a way so that I can have my Teamspeak Push to talk key and my IG VOIP key BOTH be push to talk.

Does anybody know a way so that I can get 'both' keys be my push to talk key on shadowplay? I feel like its kinda necessary for things such as reports etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

14 answers to this question

Skinner    506

I've been looking for a way to do this as well, so far I have not found any solution.

Saints    100

I would recommend downloading OBS studio for recording dayz as it gives much better quality , you can actually see , and the mic audio is seperate from the actual game audio , so you can cut out the bits where you are not talking so they will not hear background noise.

Here is a video to help with the settings :

Also the software is free so that is really good for the recording quality that it gives out , hopefully this helps.

And for shadow record reasons and reports you can't do anything about that problem , it is a pain but there is no solution . I don't think so anyway.

Reinhardt    17

I would recommend downloading OBS studio for recording dayz as it gives much better quality , you can actually see , and the mic audio is seperate from the actual game audio , so you can cut out the bits where you are not talking so they will not hear background noise.

Here is a video to help with the settings :

Also the software is free so that is really good for the recording quality that it gives out , hopefully this helps.

And for shadow record reasons and reports you can't do anything about that problem , it is a pain but there is no solution . I don't think so anyway.

I've had a look at OBS before and I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. And with OBS I have to start recording manually exactly when I want it to start recording whereas with Shadowplay I don't need to worry about that as it tracks my last 15 minutes of game play :/ So tbh I appreciated the suggestion but I would very much prefer to stick with Shadowplay, OBS would be a last resort because, as stated before; the mechanics aren't what I want and I barely understand the program xD

Reinhardt    17

If you locate the Shadowplay directory, I think you can modify it and change the key value.

Any idea how I can access the directory?

JaeArk    0

My in-game talk button actually mutes my mic in ts (whilst it's held in) so i dont have to bother with push to talks and also means i don't have to worry about people in ts hearing me talk IG. Then i have a separate button on my keyboard to completely mute my mic.

Ramon    360

Okay.

I found out how you can set up a key for ShadowPlay to use push to talk.

I made some screens, the only thing is my SP is in Dutch.

But I will translate it.

Start up SP first. 

Then click on Preferences ( I guess this is the right word ) just like in the picture.

tUzlf37.png

Then click on ShadowPlay.

qvPc2aA.png

Then scroll down on that page and look for Keyboard links. ( Also I think this is the right word... )

90HVkiN.png

On the last picture you can see where you can set keys.

At the arrow you can set a key for Push to Talk.

EDIT: Put also a key for push to talk on TS and I think you are okay?

I hope you mean this and this also helps.

Please let me know if you understand it.

Reinhardt    17

-Big Snip-

I have noticed that, Ramon. But that is exactly my problem because that option only allows ONE key to be Push to talk, not multiple and I am looking for Multiple keys. Because I want shadowplay to only record my voice when I hit either Caps Lock or My push to talk key for Teamspeak. Although it will only allow me to have one or the other. So I am looking for an alternative.

Ramon    360

-Big Snip-

I have noticed that, Ramon. But that is exactly my problem because that option only allows ONE key to be Push to talk, not multiple and I am looking for Multiple keys. Because I want shadowplay to only record my voice when I hit either Caps Lock or My push to talk key for Teamspeak. Although it will only allow me to have one or the other. So I am looking for an alternative.

To be honest I misread the thread a bit, sorry for that.. Hahaha...* Facepalm*

I don't know how big the others audio sounds are when you record.

But if I record with SP you almost not hear it ( I play often music when I play games )

But I don't think there is a option to use both things with one button.

Maybe that somebody else have any idea?

Bunny    356

Do you use macros?

After doing some research on Shadowplay push-to-talk, I found that the only way to have multiple push-to-talk is to use a macro. I do not use Shadowplay myself as I have an AMD card, but I hope this helps regardless.

Try and set a the Shadowplay push-to-talk button to a key you dont use, then macro your IG push-to-talk to that key, as well as your TS push-to-talk.

Example:

Shadowplay push-to-talk is set to the [*] key
IG push-to-talk is [Caps Lock], set a macro that also activates the [*] key when [Caps Lock] is pressed.
TS push-to-talk is [Alt], set a macro that activates the [*] key when [Alt] is pressed.

(Needed to use the code-box as the [button] messed up the text a bit)

MapleMooses    0

I use to have the static/hotmic issue. Before changing to push to talk to fix the hot mic, try these (unless your mic is just plain old poop):

-Update drivers.

-Update Windows.

-In Sound/Recording Settings: Change "Allow program to take exclusive control of mic".

-If using USB - Change USB port and restart PC - if it's the 3.5mm jack then try another one (front or back of PC).

Ender    644

Hey there LennyT, Its been a little while and i was wondering if you've found a solution to your issue yet?

If so let us know if you have or not so i can mark this as solved

Thank You!

Reinhardt    17

I've found an alternative through Razer Synapse which should change the sensitivity of my Mic, so not all my background noise is heard. Should do me fine for now.

Close the thread, thank you. Although if possible leave it available for further comments in case anyone else would like a solution to similar issues regarding Shadowplay. Thank you ^^

Ender    644

I've found an alternative through Razer Synapse which should change the sensitivity of my Mic, so not all my background noise is heard. Should do me fine for now.

Close the thread, thank you. Although if possible leave it available for further comments in case anyone else would like a solution to similar issues regarding Shadowplay. Thank you ^^

Alrighty! I'm glad you found a fix for your issue 

And of course i'll leave it open for anyone else to comment if they so wish 

/solved