Server time: 2017-08-17, 10:00

Sign in to follow this  

Adding one more Loremasters

More loremasters?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. More loremasters?

• Yes
    • No, say why?

So I've been working on our group and giving tips and touches to other groups for a while. Me and my friend Shoraya were waiting for staff reply. A few days passed and I PM'ed a loremaster. I asked when they will review our group. He said that its hard to review groups since both of them are in different time zones and there are only two of them. Which means they are late. So I was thinking to myself that I would love to help. At least by posting this thread. So my idea is adding two new loremasters or at least one more so they could review the groups faster. There were 4 before and I think it worked good. Also they could work on events more. I hope you like my idea. And I hope loremasters will agree with me.

:)

There's three presently. Pat is on break.

Already three, one is on break. Used to be four, so its alright.

Okay shark. 2fast4me

Oh I thought Pat quit it. Oh well I tried :D

Beni    677

M8 I can write good stories....

" I just woke up, what's going on?! "

That annoys me. IT'S BEEN TWO FUCKIN' YEARS.

MagicMike    69

No i think youre right, four or so lms and not much happens. Plus the events have been on hold (i guess) and the group feedback is oddly slow.

Admins will open requirement when they feel they need more Lore Masters. At the moment I think we are fine.

No i think youre right, four or so lms and not much happens. Plus the events have been on hold (i guess) and the group feedback is oddly slow.

Yes like more events! We need LM's to make events :D

There have been plenty on events done by community members, make one? http://www.dayzrp.com/f-Events--124

I mean, Yeah sure some more events should be fun. But I think that LM's should frequently on weekends or heavy days, just write a message on Rcon and broadcast a message that might interact with a few people there and what not. Maybe they can introduce more to the lore in that way, mostly because the recent trade route event imo wasn't fun and doesn't seem so continued.

So all in all, i think we need more LM's if they can and will make events more common. If not, we dont need more LM's just to accept groups as the two/three now are doing that and more.

There have been plenty on events done by community members, make one?

I am working on that actually! But like big events like the trade routes!

Oh I thought Pat quit it.

We hope young one.

We hope young one.

Oh.

On a serious note fear not, we still need to bring the Trade Routes series to a close with more event ideas to follow.

We hope young one.

d5b3a3f5ca0f580b74efcffbe172e14a.png

We hope young one.

d5b3a3f5ca0f580b74efcffbe172e14a.png

c1e59a3f17.png

On a serious note fear not, we still need to bring the Trade Routes series to a close with more event ideas to follow.

Other communities need to copy more of the events, so please hurry.

I've been pushing myself for a 4th LM, tbh, so we'll see.

Other communities need to copy more of the events, so please hurry.

Surely we must be doing something right if others are copying? :D

and the group feedback is oddly slow.

Excuse me but where have you been getting that impression from? We have applied a new group approval system which has sped up things drastically. Currently groups get reviews within 2-4 days and after the feedback has been given and adjustments have been made they are on a 5 day buffer before getting accepted. In the old system when we had 3 LMs groups usually waited around 10 days, sometimes longer to get their first feedback. So if I am mistaken and the process is in fact "oddly slow" then I'd like to see evidence of that, I'm genuinely interested. Previously it took around 10-13 days for a group that has no issues or conflicts to get approved. Now we've turned that down to around 7-8 days. We did have a few problems at the beginning, yes. But that was due to the fact that the new process was still being developed and this was just a mere first testing of it. Now that the current LM team is accustomed to the new process things have sped up and they will continue to do so until we have reached our personally set goal.

While the group review process is currently a bit obstructed due to Roger's and my timezone we have found ways to work around this and so far it has worked quite well. The events are currently at a hold in terms of actually taking place, due to Pat being on a break still and other things being focused. However this does not mean they are not being planned, etc. Somebody's mentioned short transmissions via RCON. Yes, that is something we will utilize in the planned more dynamic mini events.

I currently do not think we will need another Loremaster. The two of us currently active ones are handling the group review process, which is the main bulk of LM work, quite well. The events will be picked up upon in the future, yes and Pat should be back from his break soon, too.

EDIT:

Additionally, just to give some general insight to everyone: Finding more loremaster is harder than it sounds. You need to be able to work in a team, have a lot general knowledge on all kinds of things, be able to communicate on a certain level and be active almost every day of the week at least for 1-3 hours. And even if you meet all these requirements you still have to apply properly. Applying for a LM position requires a lot of time to be put into your application. Not many people do that nowadays, unfortunately.

Skinner    422

Oh hell yes!!

MagicMike    69

and the group feedback is oddly slow.

Excuse me but where have you been getting that impression from? We have applied a new group approval system which has sped up things drastically. Currently groups get reviews within 2-4 days and after the feedback has been given and adjustments have been made they are on a 5 day buffer before getting accepted. In the old system when we had 3 LMs groups usually waited around 10 days, sometimes longer to get their first feedback. So if I am mistaken and the process is in fact "oddly slow" then I'd like to see evidence of that, I'm genuinely interested. Previously it took around 10-13 days for a group that has no issues or conflicts to get approved. Now we've turned that down to around 7-8 days. We did have a few problems at the beginning, yes. But that was due to the fact that the new process was still being developed and this was just a mere first testing of it. Now that the current LM team is accustomed to the new process things have sped up and they will continue to do so until we have reached our personally set goal.

While the group review process is currently a bit obstructed due to Roger's and my timezone we have found ways to work around this and so far it has worked quite well. The events are currently at a hold in terms of actually taking place, due to Pat being on a break still and other things being focused. However this does not mean they are not being planned, etc. Somebody's mentioned short transmissions via RCON. Yes, that is something we will utilize in the planned more dynamic mini events.

I currently do not think we will need another Loremaster. The two of us currently active ones are handling the group review process, which is the main bulk of LM work, quite well. The events will be picked up upon in the future, yes and Pat should be back from his break soon, too.

EDIT:

Additionally, just to give some general insight to everyone: Finding more loremaster is harder than it sounds. You need to be able to work in a team, have a lot general knowledge on all kinds of things, be able to communicate on a certain level and be active almost every day of the week at least for 1-3 hours. And even if you meet all these requirements you still have to apply properly. Applying for a LM position requires a lot of time to be put into your application. Not many people do that nowadays, unfortunately.

Apologies, i was kinda rude there. However i still stand with my point, it was hard to communicate with LMs for me. Where i would hear back only from Roger. However this isnt your main thing you do everyday.

4 is guud

isocade    90

More loremasters mean the work is distributed easier, collaboration is of a wider scale, more opinions and ideas are contributed, more timezones are added to the coverage of the loremaster clock, new and interesting concepts and ideas are formed, and finally- Things become easier individually for them.

The cons are that you have to think about who to add as a loremaster, whether it be someone from staff or a fresh new applicant. If it's someone from staff, then you need to honor the hierarchy and find another new community helper of some sort. Another con is that you need to actually trust and train the person. I assume they're trained. This seems like the kind of place that trains the new and fresh staff members and community helpers.

Don't go with "just fine". Exceed expectations and make people very happy rather than somewhat content.

Alex    451

There's a 10 day buffer on group feedback, so bare this in mind when you think feedback is slow.

There's always the option of adding me to the LMs ;)

There's always the option of adding me to the LMs ;)

Meme of the Year 2K16

:troll:

But a more serious topic, I know that the LM team is not slacking off whatsoever, The new group acceptance method thats recently been made is really helping in reference to the old method. I say that if we need another LM that could help make more in game events that aren't so planned and made on the forums weeks prior to it, it can just be a simple Rcon message giving coordinates to a location that could then be a mini event I guess, so more LM's for mini-events.