Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:32
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Doesn't make sense

When people put time and effort into a camp for people to visit with 20+ tents and farming plots etc and people come along in the middle of the night and pack all the tents with everything in it.

This was not a secret base this was a camp I am talking about. I thought these servers were about roleplay? It just doesn't make sense. All that 90% of the people seem to care about is an M4, 5.56 ammo and trying to have the biggest group to dictate what other people do.

This is so disappointing.

Rolle    2985

RP =/= safe zone for hoarding gear.

Xero3451    0

RP =/= safe zone for hoarding gear.

Basically this.

People are assholes and like to trash peoples stuff just 'cause, no use getting annoyed about it.  You'll need people there constantly to defend it or have some form of transportation to move it when you all log off.

Melvin    84

Expect it. People go for loot all the time. If anything, put your base somewhere suuper isolated where nobody would ever go and trap it with trapwires and mines. Just make sure your camp is far enough away. The Kingdom's camp have not been raided for weeks.

Gowbe    208

Imagine this: You are running through a forest the world as we know it is gone, you are low on ammunition and other supplies. You then see a tent and no one seems to be around. I am pretty sure that you would look in the tent and take whatever you need to survive.

Castiel    1124

Would happen in real life too. Don't wanna get raided? Don't have a camp.

Cow    0

Video game community, people are assholes, don't expect your camp to have some magic bubble of safety.

Shit happens and your camp was the victim.

And on people only wanting M4s and 5.56, if that's all you get, that's all you'll know.

Marcunt    240

When you set up a camp, big or small, there will always be thieves and griefers no matter what. You need to face that fact or you will be drowning in salt in the near future.

Maybe I explained wrong. This wasn't my camp. I wasn't hoarding weapons etc. This was a camp built for the community by a group of people. This camp was in the open and no it did not just have weapons and ammo it had tents with books, tents full of pumpkins, tomatoes, peppers etc. You cannot make a valid reason as to why you would trash an entire camp built for the purpose of role play it makes no sense. This was not a camp in the middle of a forest hoarding all high tech weapons, it was nothing like that at all.

Its sad that a large percentage of the community is toxic enough to want to destroy something which was built upon the very foundations that make these servers work.

Pathetic.

Can I please reiterate it was NOT my camp, it was not MY gear. I am not salty because MY gear was taken, my gear is perfectly fine it will never be found.

I am talking about a camp dedicated to serve the purpose of the server.

PatZ    390

If you start horting gear you have to live with the possibility of someone coming around stealing all of it

Yes, these servers are about Roleplay, but that doesn't mean your stashes/camps are safe. If someone came along your stash IRL do you really think he wouldn't touch it?

SomeWeirdAssGuy    287

If you read OP's post, you'd see he's complaining about the tents being packed and not the gear. This is a clear case of packing tents and despawning them just to grief, the players who did this need to be banned.

Grimnir    664

Maybe I explained wrong. This wasn't my camp. I wasn't hoarding weapons etc. This was a camp built for the community by a group of people. This camp was in the open and no it did not just have weapons and ammo it had tents with books, tents full of pumpkins, tomatoes, peppers etc. You cannot make a valid reason as to why you would trash an entire camp built for the purpose of roll play it makes no sense. This was not a camp in the middle of a forest hoarding all high tech weapons, it was nothing like that at all.

Its sad that a large percentage of the community is toxic enough to want to destroy something which was built upon the very foundations that make these servers work.

Pathetic.

Can I please reiterate it was NOT my camp, it was not MY gear. I am not salty because MY gear was taken my gear is perfectly fine it will never be found.

I am talking about a camp dedicated to server the purpose of the server.

Well, also doesn't make sense that you can't burn down tents. There are also IC reasons to destroy camps...

If you read OP's post, you'd see he's complaining about the tents being packed and not the gear. This is a clear case of packing tents and despawning them just to grief, the players who did this need to be banned.

I believe Somebody in this thread actually read my post and understands what the point of it was for. Thank you.

Cow    0

Maybe I explained wrong. This wasn't my camp. I wasn't hoarding weapons etc. This was a camp built for the community by a group of people. This camp was in the open and no it did not just have weapons and ammo it had tents with books, tents full of pumpkins, tomatoes, peppers etc. You cannot make a valid reason as to why you would trash an entire camp built for the purpose of roll play it makes no sense. This was not a camp in the middle of a forest hoarding all high tech weapons, it was nothing like that at all.

Pathetic.

Ranting about it won't change anything. We've all put effort in to a camp and then while we sleep someone comes along and just tears it down, it happens.

The majority of the community want settlements, camps to visit other groups but the not so vocal minority only want to destroy so stay on your toes.

Beni    870

The amount of times I've seen one of these threads now.... If you don't want to get things stolen then don't have a camp....

Oh yeah wait... If you loose your gear you can't RP... I forgot.

Marcunt    240

The life of a gearwhore :)

Beni    870

The life of a gearwhore :)

Like, I mean I'm no gearwhore... I use survival clothing.... But If I loose my M4 With 5MAGS I can NOT RP. It does not happen... * winks *

Wong    0

What do you expect? People to actually care for other peoples stuff?

Whip    0

Umm what?

giphy.gif

(me reading this)

Just because they packed the tents up after they took what they wanted they should get banned? By what right does that make sense?  If I find a camp, I raid it I take everything I could need and anything I want. Then I often pack up the tents and either take them with me  or stash them in bushes.   It's almost 2 years into the apocalypse, if you can't hide your things well then you don't deserve to have them, it's that simple.  and I make sure that you know that next time you go looking for your camp.

This is the type of safespace mentality that I hate to see,  oh they took your tents and made your stuff despawn they should get a ban! thats clearly griefing!  Ohh woah is me how are you supposed to RP now!

No you should find better ways to protect your things , and instead of crying on the forums deal with it in game .  This will happen until you realize that if you leave it , it's not yours anymore, It's mine and when i find it I will do with it as I please.

SomeWeirdAssGuy    287

Not considering whatever gear is in tents, just removing them for no roleplay reason is just griefing. Imagine if in the mod days people could move/destroy/despawn objects that were used to make player camps or settlements. What would it be like? Some people put together camps of tents so that they can have a place to go and have RP, or to get people to come together to facilitate meeting other players. Taking down 20+ tents for no other reason than "because I can" is just childish and a dick move. Because you don't like fireplace roleplay doesn't mean that you have to be a dick about it and prevent other people to do it.

Well, I am just talking RP Wise.

There people just waited we all go off, to throw all the tent on the ground, barrels, pack tent, and LEFT everything there.

I understand the point of raiding camp, but they could do it with some RP. 

I remember a guy that came in our camp once, and says : you have 15' to pack up, or you all dead. We had a full night of event, and RP .. we lost the camp, but still, we got what we wanted : ROLE PLAY.

There's no roleplay in throwing stuff in the ground, packing tents, leaving them there. If you see some RP in that ... 

Not to mention that was an totally UNARMED camp, no weapon, no ammo. 

My hat off to the guy that emptied the PUMPKIN tent, 250 slices to throw off, I understand why you didn't empty the 2 others tents :)

Pathetic.

Can I please reiterate it was NOT my camp, it was not MY gear. I am not salty because MY gear was taken my gear is perfectly fine it will never be found.

Well, also doesn't make sense that you can't burn down tents. There are also IC reasons to destroy camps...

If I could burnt down tents and leave an item like *burnt tent* or *ruined tent* or something of the sort I would probably do that to a lot of camps that I find. It is within the RP of my character and our group to do so.

Pathetic.

If I could burnt down tents and leave an item like *burnt tent* or *ruined tent* or something of the sort I would probably do that to a lot of camps that I find. It is within the RP of my character and our group to do so.

At least we know now what kind of RP you like. See you in our next camp :) (well if next time you choose to come when we are online)