Server time: 2017-08-21, 14:11

Sign in to follow this  
Ticcaboo

People shooting at me/at my car

Question

Ticcaboo    0

I have experienced people shooting at my car before for no reason at all [Even without engaging/talking with them]. So do I get a "KOS" right on them if they do so?

8 answers to this question

Lyca    679

To clarify ... they shoot at your car without initiation when you are driving? They have to do a text intiation too.

That would be a rule break on their side.

Or do you mean you are not in the car and they destroy it?

Eagle    346

Yes, you do get KOS rights on the people that shot at you as they did just threaten your life, but at the same time if they don't do an initiation then it's considered invalid initiation and can be reported.

Note:Taken from the rules.

8UbXVAO.png

If people are just popping shots off at your car whilst your driving without so much as a word, I believe that falls under invalid initation/possibly attempted rdm. I believe that would grant you KOS rights (Not entirely sure) but just because it does doesn't mean you should use them, always prioritize RP over PVP and try to RP the situation out before resorting to shooting.

PatZ    386

Yes, you gain KOS rights when they shoot at you whilst you are in the car.

Also its a rulebreak from them to just shoot at your car without making clear demands towards you.

If you drive a car, your Initiator would have to do a "Textinitiation" (write something like "Stop the vehicle, turn off the engine and dont get out of the car unless i tell you to" in the ingame chat) to make sure you are informed about their demands.

A simple VOIP initation is invalid in this case.

Hebee    2230

As everyone else has stated yes you get KoS rights. But remember that you should only use them if you feel it is your last option. A lot better way to go about it if you were to get out would to be confront them about it and ask them why they were doing it. This could provide some excellent roleplay.

Additionally it is a report worthy offense to just shoot at a car seeing as it is considered an invalid initiation or flat out KoS if they happen to kill you. To gain KoS rights on passengers of a car you have to do a voice and text initiation with considerable amount of time for them to comply. If they do not do this then shoot at your car they are breaking a rule.

Ticcaboo    0

To clarify ... they shoot at your car without initiation when you are driving? They have to do a text intiation too.

That would be a rule break on their side.

Or do you mean you are not in the car and they destroy it?

Me and my friend were driving past a small NPC base and suddenly without any warinings at all they started to shoot at us. They were following us and countiuned shooting at the car.

Lyca    679

You have KOS - Rights. And they did break a rule. You can report them when they didnt initiate on you via voice and text. :)

Finn    76

A few weeks back I came upon the situation when a group saw us in a car they had owned but left unattended. We then drove through a field where a large group of people were and they opened fire on us knocking both my friends out in the back seat (They surprisingly survived being shot in the head).

Any ways, check this out: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-S1-KOS-x3-NVFL-at-Vybor-Industrial-3-00-6-30-2016?page=2