Server time: 2017-08-20, 06:06

Sign in to follow this  
Max

Quick Question about death in-game:

Question

If I die at a certain place, and a bunch of people find my body and identify it (possibly the people who killed me), can I roleplay that I woke up later on for a legitimate reason if I ever meet them again? (i.e i got knocked out by the bullet).

14 answers to this question

Lyca    678

Hey,

You lose your memory anyway when you die. You just cant remember what happened.

Ender    502

Yes you can. It is always your choice to permadeath your character or not 

People usually RP out falling unconscious from the bullet and waking up a couple hours later. I've done it multiple times when i die to a gunshot 

But of course you do forget the events surrounding your death, unless you have permission from the people that killed you to remember it

/solved

Felli    65

As Lonelywolve said, you will forget about all events leading up to your death.

Yes you can. It is always your choice to permadeath your character or not 

People usually RP out falling unconscious from the bullet and waking up a couple hours later. I've done it multiple times when i die to a gunshot 

But of course you do forget the events surrounding your death

/solved

Got it, thanks alot!!

e2602599a0366bdd60112b5162bc9347.png

Thanks for the specific rule clarification! :)

Hey,

You lose your memory anyway when you die. You just cant remember what happened.

Gotcha, I my character does however know that I've woken up with a bullet wound (obvious) right? (:

Lyca    678

Gotcha, I my character does however know that I've woken up with a bullet wound (obvious) right? (:

Right you play out the injury. :)

I say for example that I woke up, didnt know what happened and I probably hit my head cause I lost my memory.

Right you play out the injury. :)

I say for example that I woke up, didnt know what happened and I probably hit my head cause I lost my memory.

Alright, thanks alot of the clarification!^^

So realisticly...

If you get into a one time altercation with someone and they kill you, they can't be considered an enemy as you don't remember the events leading up to your death? Now on the flip side of that coin, would the shooter be able to claim that the slain is an enemy in the future or must he also after the players death act as though there is no further beef?

-Billy Joe Smith

-Mason Abernathy

As Lonelywolve said, you will forget about all events leading up to your death.

Got it! If someone who survived the whole situation and witnessed it all told me this after I 'woke up', would it be considered meta-gaming or not? If all of this happened in-character (i.e I'd wake up, eventually find him and he'd explain to me that I got shot and how everything went down)

Scorch21    21

So realisticly...

If you get into a one time altercation with someone and they kill you, they can't be considered an enemy as you don't remember the events leading up to your death? Now on the flip side of that coin, would the shooter be able to claim that the slain is an enemy in the future or must he also after the players death act as though there is no further beef?

-Billy Joe Smith

-Mason Abernathy

That's actually a good question. I'm wondering the same thing because, what happens when I run into my killer in the future? "Hey whats your name?" "I'm (guy who got killed)" "Hey you're the guy I shot dead a few days ago" How the hell am I supposed to respond to that if I cant remember what happened? I mean realistically the killer still has the memory of killing you. I guess the only realistic solution would be perma-death. Edit: Would telling someone that you killed them previously be considered meta-gaming?

Lyca    678

Then you reply that you dont know what he is talking about. 

Doesnt make sense, that your killer say something like that.

So realisticly...

-Billy Joe Smith

-Mason Abernathy

That's actually a good question. I'm wondering the same thing because, what happens when I run into my killer in the future? "Hey whats your name?" "I'm (guy who got killed)" "Hey you're the guy I shot dead a few days ago" How the hell am I supposed to respond to that if I cant remember what happened? I mean realistically the killer still has the memory of killing you. I guess the only realistic solution would be perma-death. Edit: Would telling someone that you killed them previously be considered meta-gaming?

Personally if I run into a guy I've shot, I may whisper to friends about it and make a joke about my lack of actually being able to kill them, or if I run into them directly usually I just avoid the subject, on the topic of going up to someone and saying "Hey I killed you" wouldn't be metagaming but would fall under power gaming if I'm not mistaken.