Server time: 2018-09-25, 10:01

Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

S1: NVFL/Invalid Initiation - NWAF - 08/03/2016 05:30

Server and location: S1 - NWAF

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 05:30:18 from the logs

Your in game name: Scott Barnaby

Names of allies involved: Glenn Boyd, Ally Racine, Euan McKellen, Jack Barns, Reese Zaas, Felix Rolston

Name of suspect/s: Jason Smith

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Someone will have additional evidence such as video.

Detailed description of the events: I was walking from tents at the NWAF when my game freezes like it usually does with my bad computer. My game just froze so when I lost connection to the host, I spawned in all the way up near the fire station in front of the six hangers. When I log in, my game sometimes can't load in the textures and freezes right there, and sometimes it'll unfreeze and let me play, but most of the time I freeze again and lose session. I have to log in at least twice before i finally get my game to load all the way. When I logged in I saw a player in front of me with nothing weapon wise on him. All he had was a brown or tan bomber jacket, Green cargo paints that were damaged and some sort of hat with no face-mask or eye wear (No weapon firearm wise or melee wise). At that point I see him move in front of me and my game freezes with him in front of me on my screen. I can see him standing there and not saying anything to me. I crash and lose session to the host. When I'm logging into the server hoping I won't crash this time, my friends tell me there is a dead body on the airstrip were I crashed. They confirm it's my body and that the man was seen with my backpack, gun, and spear. I believe this man saw that I was lagging and he may of thought I was AFK so he (Lacking gear with no weapon or backpack) knocked me out and stole my things with no initiation. I later died from being knocked out and losing connection to the server. After that my friends find him with my gear and he tells them that he knocked me out and took my stuff, so he was initiated on by my allies were they RP'ed with him.  

My POV:

I was running up the hill to the west of the airfield with our buddy Felix to intercept some guys that had ran away upon seeing us, as my other allies were in pursuit of them. Frosty suddenly tells us that his game is frozen and that there's someone standing infront of him at the airfield, out of fear that he might get initiated on, I start running back onto the airfield, and Felix says he was looking through his scope, seeing Scottie (Frosty) standing there along with the random guy. We high-tail it over there, only to see a dead body on the tarmac, and the random running into the hangar. I go to intercept him and he says hello, and I notice that he has Scottie's gear (MP5K, Improvised bag, spear) and from what he tells us was he was already dead when he got there. We argue as Felix had seen him through his scope/binoculars. We talk to him and then he changes his story again, saying that Scottie was bleeding and bled out. We call our allies back over and they arrive after talking to the guy (Jason) as he says that there's clowns around, which I confirm isn't true with the clowns. A few of our allies arrive and we initiate, he complies and one of us ties it up. We begin taking him to the barn near Grishino and as we're jogging he openly admits that he knocked out Scottie, then says "Just kidding." We get down to the barn and I stop recording seeing as there was nothing important that was happening afterwards other than questioning and a bit of torture.

I have a video of the situation uploading right now, will post it asap.

POV:

I wasnt there during the events as I was in a chase with Reese, but I was in the team speak when all of this went down. Basically I hear Frosty saying that someone was there on the airstrip when he was logging in or something and I heard that Blazer saw a body and she says someone was with it. It was confirmed that it was Frosty's body so we cut off our chase with this person and went back where we met Jason and initiated.

Hit Logs:

05:30:17 | "Jason Smith(uid=) HIT Scott Barnaby(uid=) by fist into head."
05:30:18 | "Player Scott Barnaby(id=) has fallen into unconsciousness."
05:30:18 | "Jason Smith(uid=) HIT Scott Barnaby(uid=) by fist into head."

Connection Logs:

05:03:12 | Player "Scott Barnaby" is connected (id=)
05:21:36 | Player "Scott Barnaby"(id=) has been disconnected
05:28:45 | Player "Scott Barnaby" is connected (id=)
05:30:49 | Player "Scott Barnaby"(id=) has been disconnected

01:35:31 | Player "Jason Smith" is connected (id=)
No disconnection logs

Calling Jason Smith into this report to post their full and detailed POV.

I had no allies here is my POV ok so i was in stary and clowns initated on me and tortured me for a good while in the woods between novy and grishino. In the woods they let me go and tell me to head south so i start going south but they say i can regather supplies so i go to nwaf and i see this dude in the airstrip moving around and i walk up to him he stops and i decide to initate on him to take his weapon to go get revenge on the clowns as they tortured my character prettyy bad. So i say hands up pal and he does not move except for his fist raise so i knock him out. It is possible that he was afk or crashing because as he was unconscious he died right infront of me so i assumed that he had crashed. I would not kos anyone ever. But it is very possible that he was crashing atm. I am very sorry for that and should have waited longer.

I had no allies here is my POV ok so i was in stary and clowns initated on me and tortured me for a good while in the woods between novy and grishino. In the woods they let me go and tell me to head south so i start going south but they say i can regather supplies so i go to nwaf and i see this dude in the airstrip moving around and i walk up to him he stops and i decide to initate on him to take his weapon to go get revenge on the clowns as they tortured my character prettyy bad. So i say hands up pal and he does not move except for his fist raise so i knock him out. It is possible that he was afk or crashing because as he was unconscious he died right infront of me so i assumed that he had crashed. I would not kos anyone ever. But it is very possible that he was crashing atm. I am very sorry for that and should have waited longer.

Yes I was crashing at the time. You do realize that fists go up when you disconnect and you go into the sitting emote before going back to standing. You do realize that when you knock someone out while they are gonna disconnect kills them. I had no problem with being robbed, but instead of noticing that I'm crashing you decide to knock out my unarmed 13 year old character, which resulted in my death. Please explain to me why you thought Knocking we out while I was crashing was a good idea. If you thought I was going to punch you; you're wrong. If I was actually going to defend myself I would of pulled out my MP5 and killed you, not get into a fist fight.

If you would have waited a little longer I was going to log back in. You could have initiated on me and we could of RP'ed, but you decided to kill me instead for crashing.

I do have a question for you. What type of gear did you have while you were initiating on me? When my screen froze I saw you infront of me and you had no weapons what so ever. You said you just got robbed by the clowns. This is boarder line NVFL. What makes you think I'm going to drop my fully automatic weapon to a guy with bare fists. You had no idea if I had allies and you decide to initiate on me at the NWAF with fists. Please explain that. You even say you had no allies. Why would you initiate on me with no weapon and think I would go your way?

My character had been through hell with the clown i was roleplaying a desperate dying mans wish to get revenge and i saw you. Please understand i didnt know you were crashing sorry and its not NVFL if i can catch you with your machine gun away And the plan was to rp with you when you get back up and explain my predicament with the clowns and see if you are willing to help. Why would i kos a guy for a mp5 and backpack. How am i suppose to know your crashing if you could see my POV you would see that i said hands up pal and you raised your fist. So i did the quick 2 punch knockout expecting you to come back and we could RP but instead you died and i realized what i had done. If i wanted to KOS you i would have just shot you with your mp5 after but i didn't i stayed by your body but you died pretty much 30 seconds after.

My character had been through hell with the clown i was roleplaying a desperate dying mans wish to get revenge and i saw you. Please understand i didnt know you were crashing sorry and its not NVFL if i can catch you with your machine gun away And the plan was to rp with you when you get back up and explain my predicament with the clowns and see if you are willing to help. Why would i kos a guy for a mp5 and backpack. How am i suppose to know your crashing if you could see my POV you would see that i said hands up pal and you raised your fist. So i did the quick 2 punch knockout expecting you to come back and we could RP but instead you died and i realized what i had done. If i wanted to KOS you i would have just shot you with your mp5 after but i didn't i stayed by your body but you died pretty much 30 seconds after.

Playing a desperate man is no way allowed to get around NVFL. Yes it was NVFL because you initiated on me with fists. You do realize could of just Did a 180 in half a second and sprint, pull out my MP5 and spray you down. Or I could of called my 6+allies to gun you down while you were chasing me. I think this whole report should change now that you just admitted to NVFL. I'll forgive you for killing me because I don't care anymore. I'm changing the report to NVFL and dropping the RDM. I will not respond any further unless staff tells me otherwise.

its not NVFL if i can catch you with your machine gun away And the plan was to rp with you when you get back up. 

By the way, are you saying you knocked me out before you initiated on me?

Playing a desperate man is no way allowed to get around NVFL. Yes it was NVFL because you initiated on me with fists. You do realize could of just Did a 180 in half a second and sprint, pull out my MP5 and spray you down. Or I could of called my 6+allies to gun you down while you were chasing me. I think this whole report should change now that you just admitted to NVFL. I'll forgive you for killing me because I don't care anymore. I'm changing the report to NVFL and dropping the RDM. I will not respond any further unless staff tells me otherwise.

its not NVFL if i can catch you with your machine gun away And the plan was to rp with you when you get back up. 

Noi am saying that i told you to put your hands up and you put your fist up so i told you to put em down and then ko'd you not expecting you to crash and die.

Noi am saying that i told you to put your hands up and you put your fist up so i told you to put em down and then ko'd you not expecting you to crash and die.

Okay why would I put my fists up to an initiation? You have to realize that this is a sign that they crashed. That's almost adding insult to injury by knocking me out when i crashed, because you clearly just said that you waited for me to put them down. (Which I did not, and was not talking which was a huge hint that I was crashing) That's not the point though. The point is that you initiated on me were you most likely would have died. Look at what I just told you. I could of ran off and shot you, or told my friends who were right down the airfield to come and initiate on you or kill you. Do you agree or not about this being NVFL?

Please understand that i am not aware that the fist go up when you crash and that i didn't think it was NVFL because i didn't see a magazine in the mp5 and didn't see anyone else around.

Please understand that i am not aware that the fist go up when you crash and that i didn't think it was NVFL because i didn't see a magazine in the mp5 and didn't see anyone else around.

We were further up the hill and Felix saw you through his scope. I want to say in one of your previous comments you mentioned 'and the plan was to wait for you till you got back up' yet when Felix and I arrived, you were clearly running away, and you changed your story on a few occasions on what happened to him. You had no way of knowing whether he had friends or whether he didn't.

We were further up the hill and Felix saw you through his scope. I want to say in one of your previous comments you mentioned 'and the plan was to wait for you till you got back up' yet when Felix and I arrived, you were clearly running away, and you changed your story on a few occasions on what happened to him. You had no way of knowing whether he had friends or whether he didn't.

I ran away because he had died right infront of me...

-

I'd like to know more of the mindset of your character when he initiated on Frosty. He had just been robbed from the clowns and he was seeking redemption. You saw a man with plentiful gear and decided to initiate on him with fists? Because you saw him raising his fists, you deem him non-compliant and punch him out. If Frosty was actually there and not crashing, how do you think he would have reacted to your fist initiation? He could have easily sprinted away and fled you and pulled out a gun and killed you. 

How would you have reacted if he sprinted away from you raising your fists and pulling out his MP5? Did you even think about this when initiating? 

You can also see in the chat logs that Bunny posted that he was killed 2 minutes after logging in from his frozen screen. Did you witness him logging back in from his game crash? Please answer these 3 questions for me.

Hey thought i had already replied guess i forgot to post it well the mindset of my character was desperate at the time for revenge and he saw this man with a weapon and decided he needed it. Now that i look back on it it wasnt a smart idea and it honestly never came to mind that hes crashing. And if he was there he probably would have shot at me first now that i think of it. And i never thought about it before or while initiating because my character had been through hours of torture and ooc i didn't think of it either. And i never witnessed him log back in but while he was unconscious he went limp because he crashed while unconscious and died.

Verdict

Jason Smith - RDM & Invalid Initiation - Guilty

Reason

We as staff have looked at all sides of the evidence provided and have come to a conclusion regarding this case.

Jason Smith you see the OP and decided to initiate on him in order to get his weapon as stated in your POV(post #6). You had no weapon at that time, so instead, you initiate with your fist only. First, if Frosty did not crash the chances of him killing you would have been really high. What you have done was borderline NVFL, the only reason why it is not is due to the fact that you survived. Frosty's friends could have killed you as they had the rights, yet they choose to roleplay with you.

However, back to the initiation itself, our rules state that an initiation must be clear and unambiguous. Initiating with only your fists is none of those. Instead of coming across as a legit initiation, it makes you question whether or not you are serious when it comes to it. This is only due to the absurd scenario that one is threatening another with only his fists while the other has a gun. As a result, you are found guilty of an Invalid Initiation. If you wanted to initiate you could have tried finding a weapon or maybe seeing as you wanted to get revenge on someone, you could have asked for help.

Now when it comes to the kill you state that you have no knowledge of the fact that the OP crashed/was crashing. If you would have known and you would have taken advantage over that then it would have been abuse of game mechanics(AOGM). Moving forward, you then see the OP raise his fists and knock him out, resulting in his death. You had no KoS rights as your initiation was not valid, as explained above. Therefore you are guilty of RDM.

Due to the rule breaks that occurred and the situation at hand, we seem fit for an aggravation of the punishment.

With the above stated the following applies:

Outcome

Jason Smith - Aggravated RDM -  5 day ban + ban strike