Server time: 2018-08-15, 20:07 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
sdwars45

VR for DayZ

One thing that I would personally like to see in dayz and that i think would be a great experience for the people who can afford it would be DayZ with the oculus rift. Yes it is expensive but I think a supported mod that allows VR would be great for dayz overall since the new render allows much higher fps then previously

would be weird for aiming tho :D

but i think its an ok idea although if everyone has to have a VR headset to join....its not gonna work :D

I will stick to my mouse and keyboard thanks :P

Would be great for immersion, especially in our servers. Definitely would be hard to get used to though! :D

I think it would do wonders for immersion if you could play with a VR setup, not sure how balanced it would be though if VR users meet keyboard and mouse users.

Until VR is the quality and immersion of the holodeck on Star Trek....nope no thanks.

Oculus VR works with DayZ Standalone on a graphics driver called Tridef. I've been trying to get VorpX to be compatible too but it uh, doesn't work.

I can see it now, panicking at a firefight and running into a wall and breaking your nose. 10/10 DAYZRP immersion

HEADLINE TODAY ON DAYZRP NEWS: 30 players broken their nose due to a Video game Firefight!

I want a virtuix omni with HTC vive for maximum immersion.

I wonder how the running would work since we basically run 24/7 :D

I would be an awesome work out.

This wouldn't actually work very well. DayZ is mostly CPU based, and chews through your processor's memory. Making your PC Essentially have to double render to the VR Headset, from both the left,and right eye would absolutely kill your PC. Unless of course you spent your lottery winnings on your PC. Plus, VR would definitely make the game harder for you, sure it would be your body making the movements, but VR is still a work in progress and is nowhere near as precise as mouse and keyboard.

This'd be pretty cool in theory, but realistically it just wouldn't work out.

Until I can plug a cable directly into my skull ghost in the shell style, I'll stick with a keyboard and mouse.

This Would be fucking crazy. Imagine getting shot when not expecting it too. Youde literally shit.

Best we can do with our technology at the moment is to just make a real zombie apocalypse...

Cant wait for VR to get better though.