Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 16:10
Sign in to follow this  
PsiSyndicate

Make DayZRP Great Again!

Your series and enjoyment will not improve because of the return of the mod.

Pretty much this I do have a deep love for the mod and all the good times I had on it but it will never be the same. Times have changed and so have the people, groups, rules and general mentality of the community/server it will never be the same and therefore will never be as good as people remember it will just be a sad awakening like it was when i tried to go back and play arma 2 recently.

What I think we should really aim for if anything is our own unique mod on ARMA 3 tailored the way we want it to be but these things take time and devs. not to mention certain mods can be very awkward to set up with arma 3.

As a suggestion for Psisyndicate perhaps you should try doing a series where you fully integrate yourself into a group and make a character/playstyle based around said group rather than just being a tag along all the time sure you will have less freedom per say but I dont believe you have done this yet could be a new angle for you.

Fully agree, my best experience in any game, any platform and any server was ARMA 2 DayZRP, bring it back!

Also bring back Imperial Dragons! lots of love

this thread has already been made, i would /merge or something.

Also, Whenever we try to have a side project it always seems to fail, it's just something the community wants, Like a pregnant woman with her cravings. Its only going to fill the time and then will all go to shit with 3 people on an empty server.

Im down for Desolation again, but with activity and more groups. But this time no OOC hate please.

I disagree. People get put off playing because the server doesn't have many players on it you know? people don't want to RP with themselves if people get over that and jump on for a little while people have more of an incentive to play thus filling up the server. Also you really aren't the person to make comments about OOC hate.

Oh yes my man, I dont hate anyone. I just exposed a group because of their OOC hate. I was reported for OOC hate by Mark, but we sorted things out. If anything, its got to be those in Napa xddd

they were the ones always hating on Chedaki last I remember in those comms.

I know i am just chatting shit but i seriously think that bringing back the mod and putting effort into will appeal to people, i have currently restarted playing DayZRP and i just haven't got the same feeling back, i understand it is hard when the standalone servers can't be modded but when i played ARMA 2 i knew all the factions and their members, i knew the rivalries and alliances, i joined the imperial dragons and had the best RP experience i have ever had in a game. The mod always made me want to play DayZRP but at the moment i can't even be bothered to start a new life on standalone since i died a few days ago.

I understand everyones point but My concern is how would you split the servers due to the fact its DayzRP and therefore you would have to decide which takes priority over the other and last thing any server should do is split the community.

I understand everyones point but My concern is how would you split the servers due to the fact its DayzRP and therefore you would have to decide which takes priority over the other and last thing any server should do is split the community.

Like with all side projects, Standalone will take priority over everything else.

You can bring back mod, bring in new ones on platforms such as A3 but it will not improve what once was DayZRP.

DayZRP wasn't simply because of the A2 Mod, the community was as its viral point and was growing day-by-day, however it reached its tipping point and the mod couldn't go further than what it was (not because of the community or anything but because of how A2 modding was).

Mods do need to be limited on RP to make it better, you don't need any more mods than what SA offers simply because it makes you put the effort in to make it happen (player settlements made by people themselves instead of dev menu, people finding clothes for their groups in-game instead of choosing one from a clan list).

The only thing i could ever want is group skins to make firefights less confusing again, however i like the game without vehicles because it was a very large grey-area for reports with all the issues going on around voice/text and such, settlements became too much when all that was needed was one official settlement (which can still be done on SA), all that comes with more weapons is more gear whores, the only map we have ever really used is Chernarus and it should stay that way because of the lore obviously.

EDIT: To add, the mod was attempted in the days of SA being utter shite and it still didn't stick.

There is no point in having to go through the process to switch everything to mod just to switch it back to stand alone when standalone updates to what we want.

And I played on mod, and loved it, but standalone provides a better experience in my opinion.

(but tradepost was pretty dank)

Got my support. I'd love to see the mod again.

I agree.

I'd like a full endorsement, can I please get a "+1".

There is no point in having to go through the process to switch everything to mod just to switch it back to stand alone when standalone updates to what we want.

And I played on mod, and loved it, but standalone provides a better experience in my opinion.

If we ever did bring back the mod, the SA servers will still be up because that is the main priority of our community.The mod will just be an optional thing for people to play on.

No one said anything about switching from SA to Mod/Desolation... It would be a side project, meaning SA would still be the main focus of the community.

Man, the other day I was feeling nostalgic and threw in Goldeneye for the 64, as a kid this game was everything, Goldeneye parties and tournaments it was the bomb.  So playing this game again, damn this was going to be good.

I quickly selected Bond (only cheaters select oddjob) and got down to some multiplayer action and HOOO YAAA WAS IT EVER...

Bad.

Aiming,  fuck that.  Basic controls (what the hell is a C BUTTON?) nope!  Cringe worthy animation, you bet.

I quickly turned off the 64.  Sighed as a icon of my youth died a little and hit the power button on my Xbox one.

This may or may not have been a metaphor for how I feel most people hold Arma 2 in such a high esteem.  Sure you had some great times but man when it comes to it, strafing with the C button sucks.

Now if we could arrange a Mario Kart 64 Server...hellz ya!  (and or a desolation that might be cool too but let A2 DIE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY)

See personally i'm a subscriber to the thought of "DayzRP is already freaking great"..........Just one mans opinion I suppose!

Got my support. I'd love to see the mod again.

^ This. Even though the mod has been and gone several times after it officially closing, I think it'll prove just as popular.

Give this a chance please staff, the DayZRP mod was the best 'game' I ever played in my life. Would love to see it back. Thanks for the backing Lewis and lets hope we can #MakeDayZRPGreatAgain *Cringe*.

Give this a chance please

It has been back already like, twice now. Once more on Desolation if I remember correctly

-snip-

It has been back already like, twice now. Once more on Desolation if I remember correctly

You joined in 2016.. You havent experianced what this once was at its prime. Its always worth a chance to try again.

-snip-

You joined in 2016.. You havent experianced what this once was at its prime. Its always worth a chance to try again.

not to sound rude, but what does me joining in 2016 have to do with the fact that the mod came back twice and failed?

Let's get it. #MakeRPGreatAgain #Vote4Lewis

not to sound rude, but what does me joining in 2016 have to do with the fact that the mod came back twice and failed?

Because when they brought back the mod they brought back a watered down version of the original mod and it was no where near as good as the original mod so yes it was destined to fail