Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 09:16 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
PsiSyndicate

Make DayZRP Great Again!

Yeah, SDS never had allys. We were friendly with B-17 then we sometimes would rob them and have massive firefights.

Yes we was mainly pvp focused, but most tried to RP at the right times and it didn't help we were hated from the start.

It's one of those groups people would get upset with.   Even I was guilty of that.   However,  SDS is one of those groups similar to Ska, brotherhood, svr, and IRA that you only appreciate when they are gone.   I'm not gonna lie.   What made the mod great was diversity.   We don't have that now and probably won't for a while.

Back in the mod days we had huge clans with influence all over the server like, S-GRU, NRF, SVR, SKA, SDS, BHM, IRA, 501st, Brotherhood and many others that pretty much RP'd on the server daily and were composed of very dedicated players that just loved DayZRP. I don't see any of that anymore, everyone is kind of a 'carebear' there is far more reports (probably because of all the different rules).

I believe that trying to make the community have more RP it has caused it to be stale. All these rules just become an annoyance now, they were put in place because of people crying about 'RP' but I bet those people were just crying about losing gear and wanting more rules to protect them.

I'd nearly say reverting back to the old rules could help a lot, DayZRP does seem to missing its spark.

+1 for Revert.

Back in the mod days we had huge clans with influence all over the server like, S-GRU, NRF, SVR, SKA, SDS, BHM, IRA, 501st, Brotherhood and many others that pretty much RP'd on the server daily and were composed of very dedicated players that just loved DayZRP. I don't see any of that anymore, everyone is kind of a 'carebear' there is far more reports (probably because of all the different rules).

I believe that trying to make the community have more RP it has caused it to be stale. All these rules just become an annoyance now, they were put in place because of people crying about 'RP' but I bet those people were just crying about losing gear and wanting more rules to protect them.

I'd nearly say reverting back to the old rules could help a lot, DayZRP does seem to missing its spark.

Couldn't agree more.

I thought about this a little today and I feel like adding another DayZ-like ArmA based mod when we have Standalone wouldn't really be beneficial to the community. It would be more of the same in a slightly different and probably worse format along with dozens of other communities hosting similar servers. I mean, Standalone is still the best compared to all other zombie survival mods with it's current map enhancements, new game and survival mechanics, animations and a bunch of other stuff, despite the flaws that it has.

What I personally would like to see is something slightly different, something that I think nobody else is currently hosting, something unique to DayZRP and developed from scratch in-house, a mix between life and a survival server. Something that would be inspired by this trailer to another great game:

[video=youtube]

Yes, I think that would be nice.

Probably for the best to be honest

LET'S GET SOME ARMA 3 LIFE GOING!

Or some Gmod DarkRP!

LET'S GET SOME ARMA 3 LIFE GOING!

Or some Gmod DarkRP!

Stop.

I guess once again, the majority vote is the wrong vote.

Suppose a game where falling 10 feet is suicide>A better optimized game with mod support.

Suppose a game where falling 10 feet is suicide>A better optimized game with mod support.

Yeah, I prefer walking for hours looking for food and then dying from the flu, in fact, I love it.

I thought about this a little today and I feel like adding another DayZ-like ArmA based mod when we have Standalone wouldn't really be beneficial to the community. It would be more of the same in a slightly different and probably worse format along with dozens of other communities hosting similar servers. I mean, Standalone is still the best compared to all other zombie survival mods with it's current map enhancements, new game and survival mechanics, animations and a bunch of other stuff, despite the flaws that it has.

What I personally would like to see is something slightly different, something that I think nobody else is currently hosting, something unique to DayZRP and developed from scratch in-house, a mix between life and a survival server. Something that would be inspired by this trailer to another great game:

[video=youtube]

Yes, I think that would be nice.

This War of Mine is a bang tidy game though.

Off to play TWoM.

In my opinion we should try arma 3. We got lots of new players so why not?

Well don't give up hope yet Rolle is also known for being the biggest troll in this community so you never know......

I just don't get this logic. Just compare DayZRP against A2/A3.

DayZRP right now on SA is LITERALLY just a server with rules, that's it.

A2/A3 brings:

- Mod support

- Full admin tools

- Custom maps due to the above

- Custom weapons/vehicles due to the above

- Custom scripts due to the above

- TFR due to the above, for non shit VOIP

- Events with spawned in gear/vehicles due to the above

IDK, I just feel, yeah, DayZRP on SA is cool and all, but it is literally just a server with rules. You can get better RP with actual decisions being made.

PS:consider Decimation (not Desolation) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=521312507

There was far too many dependancies/drama/legal issues withthe orig mod to make it longstanding imo.

I tried decimation yesterday, servers were a ghost town and the mod had a lot of FPS spikes. Plus the developer does not allow private server hosting, which is what we NEED for an arma server. Private server hosting is what gives admins the ability to change loot tables, add settlements, camps, spawn things in for event, all the shit we want but cant do on SA currently.

Yep, not many people play it at all, but that's pretty irrelevant to hosting it for this community...I mean I haven't seen a single person on the Desolaton rebot testing server yet...

As for private hosting, the dev is very much in contact with his community...all one need do is ask and he might be open to it from such a large userbase with an established community.

As for fps spikes, it hasn't been my experience.

A2/A3 brings:

- Mod support

- Full admin tools

IDK, I just feel, yeah, DayZRP on SA is cool and all, but it is literally just a server with rules. You can get better RP with actual decisions being made.

You can get great rp in dayz standalone. Today I met a guy and we both got tortured. We then sneaked around town trying to find the people who did it. It was really intens because we didnt wanna get seen. Maybe if you try a different rp style then: Drop your weapons you can get better rp out of people?. 

But I do want something better.

Maybe give it a try? 

A2/A3 brings:

- Mod support

- Full admin tools

And what happens to the servers once you inevitably get banned, whether it be permanent or temp, and stop making videos? You expect a community to place all of their marbles in one basket and just trust that you'll stay loyal and have the attention span to play for longer then a month? Luckily, unlike other communities which have died out, it seems like DayZRP's higher ups can put two and two together and can realize that putting time and effort into something that hinges on a YouTuber who is, quite frankly, inconsistent is a bad thing to do.

*I may have sounded a bit harsh, which I didn't intend, I simply think it's unfair for you to expect an entire community to jump on the PsiSyndicate train to happy town. As a YouTuber, it's your job to have varied content to keep people interested. Can this community really expect you to support it for a month? Two months? A year? Or is it just something that you'll support when it conveniences you? Way to big of a risk for a quite lack luster reward.

The thing is the people who are posting in this thread in favor of the servers are not the majority. The people who actually post their opinions on the forums are a minority compared to the general population. Thousands of people have registered and been whitelisted for DayZRP in the past few weeks because they wanted to play DayZ Standalone RP, not Arma RP. If they wanted to play on an RP server that bad then they wouldn't have spent the time trying to whitelist and play here. The real majority of players are here to play Standalone and unless they say so probably couldn't give half a shit about at DayZRP Arma server.

The thing is the people who are posting in this thread in favor of the servers are not the majority. The people who actually post their opinions on the forums are a minority compared to the general population. Thousands of people have registered and been whitelisted for DayZRP in the past few weeks because they wanted to play DayZ Standalone RP, not Arma RP. If they wanted to play on an RP server that bad then they wouldn't have spent the time trying to whitelist and play here. The real majority of players are here to play Standalone and unless they say so probably couldn't give half a shit about at DayZRP Arma server.

I get the feeling that these people don't "give a shit" either way. People adapt my friend, and while you may believe that the forum users who voted for change are "not the majority", many people feel that the members who are active on the forums are what make this community what it is. Maybe we should listen to them.

I'd just like to say, said "thousands" of people who don't post and joined for "Dayz" rp. Didn't join for Dayz, most of them joined to talk with/play with/kill psi. And participate in rp similar to his to get a feel as to what he's doing.

I get the feeling that these people don't "give a shit" either way. People adapt my friend, and while you may believe that the forum users who voted for change are "not the majority", many people feel that the members who are active on the forums are what make this community what it is. Maybe we should listen to them.

I'm glad you have faith. However, I am just trying to think about this realistically. Given past experiences I don't see a spin-off in the form of Arma 2/3 servers will ever be successful enough to warrant its existence for more than a few months. Rolle even said its not going to work in his mind. I would absolutely love to relive the glory days of the mod high on nostalgia but I just don't see that happening ever again and instead of trying to bring back the past I'd rather look forward. Right now, DayZ SA is best option for a DayZ game. It may not have helicopters, high military grade weapons or whatever but it has the pieces needed to make a good survival game and is still being updated. Maybe one day an Arma 3 mod will be better than what we have now or a whole new game entirely, but I firmly believe no such thing exists today.

I'm sorry, but I don't see any reason for this. The members who have joined since late 2014 did so for DayZ Standalone and that's the game that will remain popular here. As past experiences have already proven, neither Arma 2 or 3 had enough pull to keep it sustained for a long period of time. We shouldn't dismiss these past experiences since they have rarely proven to be wrong. The mod is out-dated, rough, nostalgia fueled, and has already died twice, so go scratch that off the list immediately. As for Arma 3, I don't see it getting anywhere either. Don't get me wrong Desolation was fun for a bit, but it was far too PvP based just like the mod. I personally feel we should just let this go and not waste more time attempting to re-establish and long term populate another game.

I also really do not understand this argument. Yes DayZRP is currently a server with rules; however, it has proven to be effective since late 2014. Clearly the community is still growing and doesn't seem to be slowing down at any rate. This community is perfectly fine the way it is and I see zero reason to push for any radical changes.

You can get better RP with actual decisions being made.

The community creates the quality of RP present. Not the server tools we have or any other fancy tools. At the end of the day, it is up to us to advance the RP where necessary, not blame it on SA and petition for major changes in the game we play.