Server time (UTC): 2020-09-22, 11:57
Sign in to follow this  
PsiSyndicate

Make DayZRP Great Again!

Wm04cP6.png

With the "Bring Back Desolation" thread, found here, getting so much attention, I just wanted a show of hands who are interested in more than just Desolation, since apparently no one wants to do this, but it REALLY excites me and a lot of my audience. The idea is pretty simple, I strongly believe that DayZ SA in its current state (albeit a HUGE improvement with 0.6, making it bearable for me to play finally), still lacks MANY things which just won't be there for a long time. I'll list a few off the top of my head:

• Mod support (TFR would be HUGE IMO, plus TONS of other awesome mods)
  • Admin tools for logs, spawning, time changing, whatever you need
  • Admin tools for "settlements" etc
  • HUGE weapon variety, DayZ SA is good, but A2/A3 out class by a mile
  • HUGE vehicle variety, again ARMA 2 OA is HUGE and A3 + mods is an obvious win
  • Custom maps

These might seem like things which just aren't needed, but as much as I love coming back to DayZ SA DayZRP, I can't feel those old times with high speed car pursuits (spawns suck and vehicles are meh right now IMO), settlement raiding, huge admin made events, HIGH military weapons and vehicles

So how is this remedied in my opinion? At least for the time being, an A2/A3 RP (with zombies obviously, DayZ, Exile, Desolation, whatever you want) server, a return to A2 roots wouldn't be a bad thing. It died because honestly the only YouTuber who ever even supported it was me, and I lost interest somehow over Altis Life (no idea how that happened lol). I know for a fact I can bring popularity to something on A2/A3, people want it, it's just no one has made it come back. A2 obviously DayZRP MADE RP on it popular, I know the files are still sitting in someone's back pocket, why not try it again eh?

tl;dr DayZ SA is a lot of fun, but server owners cannot dictate anything past rules. I strongly believe to make DayZRP, or any community, as good as it could be, it needs the admin tools/mod support to make that happen.

Let's do it boys.

Let's #MakeDayZRPGreatAgain (it's pretty good, just not great xD, not the community's fault, just SA's early working stages).

I mean...yeah? Why clutter the forums with two desolation threads. Whips thread is sufficient, but I appreciate the cause.

Got my support. I'd love to see the mod again.

I mean...yeah? Why clutter the forums with two desolation threads. Whips thread is sufficient, but I appreciate the cause.

Because this isn't just about Desolation, this is if anything more so about ARMA 2, I'd prefer that. And I wanted opinions on that whole idea.

#BringBackMod

Guest Callie

Got my support. I'd love to see the mod again.

I agree.

Because this isn't just about Desolation, this is if anything more so about ARMA 2, I'd prefer that. And I wanted opinions on that whole idea.

in your absence we have retried ARMA 2. It was all hype on the forums. Unfortunately it didn't enact well in game. Maybe with you on board, it will make a difference. I wish you luck.

+1 Mod was the best

I've moved past the days of Arma 2. Compared to what we have in standalone the mod just isn't as good of a dayz game. Arma 3 however has been proven to be effective and I am all for that

in your absence we have retried ARMA 2. It was all hype on the forums. Unfortunately it didn't enact well in game. Maybe with you on board, it will make a difference. I wish you luck.

Yeah, I can imagine that. It's hard to make it not suck, factions need to exist, settlements that make sense and conflicts that make sense need to exist. But I feel there's a good chance everything could just slide in together without anyone really trying past just playing the mod.

+1 Mod was the best

kyoko_thumbs_up.gif

Damn I've missed shitposting anime gifs...

Nah. We tried. It failed. According to DayZRP formula, it'll fail again. It's the same old "bring-back-the-mod" story.

Waste of everyone's time and $$. Also, the Donald reference is so fucking cringy. xD

I'm pretty sure that after about a week or 2 the servers that had been "revived" barely had 5 people on them. The truth is that when people made threads (like this one) about bringing back Arma or the Mod they did not show the same enthusiasm when it came to going on the server that they showed on the forums. So please as a genuine question i would like to know why this would be any different?

Just what i think anyway. :)

A2? Nah. A serious RP attempt on something A3? Sure.

I like mod times. +1

Personal I love A2, but just let it die...

SA is the single best platform for this community.

I for one hate Dayz Standalone and I only play it because there are literally NO OTHER OPTIONS for any type of "Dayz" RP on Arma 2 or 3, so I think it could be a great idea we would be the only community that would have a server for it also we will have psi and Bojangles publicizing it so I don't see how it could fail. Dayzrp rn is at its height in popularity that it has been at since the mod days so why not give the people something new and see how they like it?

Bring it back for everyone to play for a week then it dies and is a waste just like all the other times

Desolation was pretty close to the old ARMA2 mod except with the nice addition of ARMA3 features like mounting your guns, combat poses etc. House building was the only real gameplay change that I can think of.

The server was alive too, for about a month. I'm sure it could be a success if the staff don't repeat the same mistakes and the developer doesn't up and quit.

Bring it back for everyone to play for a week then it dies and is a waste just like all the other times

You're right, let's just give up and go home

Fuck A2

Why fuck Arma 2? It's the game that started it all and a lot of us older members have some of the best memories from when we played the mod so we hold it dear in our hearts.

But I still agree with most of the others that we should just let the mod rest in piece, it had its time.