Server time: 2017-10-18, 22:19
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
RedrickJim

FPS increase since .60?

Question

RedrickJim    0

Hey there,

I haven't played in some time ((Upwards of 3/4 of a year)) and am currently re-installing DayZ. Unfortunately, my current internet is quite slow so I won't be able to play until later tonight. I remember however that despite having a GTX 970, my FPS still suffered greatly ranging usually from 20-25, after doing some research I'm hearing that a good majority of people have had a substantial FPS increase since .60. I was wondering if anyone here can clarify if this is true or does your FPS still suffer greatly? 

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Castiel    1124

I can confirm this myself, the FPS boost is extremely noticeable for the majority of players. For example I, myself would get around 20 FPS in Elektro during 0.59 but since the 0.60 release I get on average 40-50 in major cities. So to answer your question directly, yes the FPS has improved since 0.60 released to stable branch. :)

RedrickJim    0

I can confirm this myself, the FPS boost is extremely noticeable for the majority of players. For example I, myself would get around 20 FPS in Elektro during 0.59 but since the 0.60 release I get on average 40-50 in major cities. So to answer your question directly, yes the FPS has improved since 0.60 released to stable branch. :)

Great, thank you. I'm looking forward to playing again and getting my RP fix.

Roach    1645

Keep in mind that as much as FPS is great right now, it will decrease over time as devs keep adding features. It will in fact decrease greatly within the next year. Then we'll be saying "Man I used to have perfect frames like a year ago so WTF"

Especially when mods are available.

They did a great job with this update, but it will be short-lived I fear.

Oh and welcome back man :) Good to see another 2013er return :D