Server time: 2017-10-23, 02:40
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Powergaming a archived group

Question

Vic    0

Hello, my question for today is the following. Lets say a group has a pretend imginary army to the west or blah. Now lets say that group gets archived and is not allowed to be brought back. Would it be allowed if i powergamed that pretend army and say my character single handley wipe out the pretend army?

6 answers to this question

Spartan    1240

no it would not be powergaming. maybe your char is just lying about it, maybe he isn't. who knows?

Meh, won't be the most stupid thing I've heard people say, go for it.

Can't be powergaming if it's a fact...

right?

Rory    1595

Nah. You can of course use knowledge you gained from old groups and tell people about it.

For instance on my old character I used to roll with the Original Chedaki. Telling about it or saying what their beliefs were and what they did etc. Doesn't matter if theyre archived or not. IC Knowledge is IC Knowledge same as IRL would be - If that makes sense

Post    0

Hello, my question for today is the following. Lets say a group has a pretend imginary army to the west or blah. Now lets say that group gets archived and is not allowed to be brought back. Would it be allowed if i powergamed that pretend army and say my character single handley wipe out the pretend army?

People can say whatever to a degree, but the rule of thumb has always been as long as it doesn't infringe on another player's course of actions, story, and lore.  If someone says they have an army in the west, that's fine, they can say whatever they want, but you can not effect other's stories or lore by dictating external movements through your own story.  So that "army" couldn't really do anything to others, and no one could really do anything to them.  Hence why so many groups and factions come to South Zagoria without issues.

Chance    48

As the question has received multiple lengthy answers, I will go ahead and /Solve the thread, but it will be left open for any further discussion.

There should be no problem regarding this question, if you are talking about people who are outside of South Zagoria, it would only become a problem if you were to say in-character that you were killing off characters that are actively being played or are active on a groups roster, that is when it would warrant a potential rule-break. As Post mentioned: "you can not effect other's stories or lore by dictating external movements through your own story" and I'd like this statement to be reiterated, that statements of events that interfere with a groups lore or a characters story is also not allowed.