Server time: 2017-10-17, 18:57
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mike Nordsmen

About language usage.

Question

Situation, you are in a conversation with your group and another person, you would like to discuss privately. Two of you share background for using a different language than English. Are you allowed to use this language to communicate in game "privately"?

4 answers to this question

Ghoozovich    265

I would say yes. Friends and I have done this on many occasions. You can feel free to discuss, report or even insult others in your own language as long as it IS KEPT IC and is NOT an initiation. Since there isn't really a "whispering mechanic" in the game, I find conversing with others in a foreign language is another way to go about it.

Just make sure that any hostile RP/Initiations happen IN ENGLISH. When doing so your orders and demands have to be clear and understandable - hence in that case using a foreign language is not allowed.

Felli    65

If both of you know this language IC and not just OOC, that is completely fine. Just remember to do any initiations in English.

Chance    48

Speaking in a different language other than English is fine. As long as it doesn't disrupt any potential roleplay. Hostile roleplay is expected to be spoken in English, so all parties can understand it. You would be expected to speak in English when making any demands or initiating on someone.

Seeing as this is an English speaking roleplay community, it will be expected for you to speak English as much as possible, but the odd conversation in a different language shouldn't cause any harm. 

With that said, I believe your question has been answered to a sufficient extent. I will be marking this thread as /Solved.

Xcake    0

That is nice to know english is ofc the main language to speak on rp but we thought as our current characters both speak also another language it would be interesting to chat in another language possibly to make someone worried about what is about to happen etc.