Server time: 2017-10-18, 13:04
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Method

Changing steam account

Question

Method    68

Well here is the problem i have been locked out of my steam possiblely  permanently  Say i get a new steam account would i be able to change my steam account im sort freaked  About this situation

12 answers to this question

Chance    48

As MapleMooses stated, what is the reasoning behind being possibly permanently locked-out of your Steam account?

Method    68

[align=left]Well i forgot my pass word and my account was attached to my old phone and i forgot to change it thats mistake number 1 and yes i did change phones then they asked me for a proof of purchase but then they asked about my old card that got ripped apart by an atm sorry about the late reply im at work

MapleMooses    0

Can you get into your e-mail? I've used receipts before as proof (the e-mail Steam sends you after buying a game) - that worked. I also got a new phone and just reset the authenticator through my e-mail as well.

Method    68

I can get to my email but its not letting me send any of my receipts

MapleMooses    0

When Steam asks for proof, take screenshots of your receipts and send it to them.

How is it you're trying to send it to them?

Dustin    0

I had this happen to me kindaish

I broke my phone, never used it so never bothered gitting a new one, when I moved it changed IP locations which locked me from my steam account, attempt to log in and can't cause the Steam Mobile deal.

I had to make a ticket, in the ticket they will ask for a certain personal questions, Name/DOB/Card info (Which you can find all this from email receipts) You then have to send a photo ID and whatnot.

They are slow, I had to wait two weeks before I got my account back and they disabled steam auth. If you have your old phone still just turn it on and open the app it still will be their.

Method    68

My heart litterally jumped out of my chest when i got a email litterally a min ago saying my password had changed and they gave me a new pass word i sent in a steam support ticket last night jeez i was so worked up i got in ahhh sorry for being a bother guys thanks for all your help you guys are all top notch sorry for wasting your time you guys are the best i got in and i wrote my new password in like 10 places so i WILL NOT EVER LOSE IT again thanks and sorry guys

MapleMooses    0

My heart litterally jumped out of my chest when i got a email litterally a min ago saying my password had changed and they gave me a new pass word i sent in a steam support ticket last night jeez i was so worked up i got in ahhh sorry for being a bother guys thanks for all your help you guys are all top notch sorry for wasting your time you guys are the best i wrote my new password in like 10 places so i WILL NOT EVER LOSE IT again thanks and sorry guys

Glad you sorted it out! Be more careful next time.

Method    68

My heart litterally jumped out of my chest when i got a email litterally a min ago saying my password had changed and they gave me a new pass word i sent in a steam support ticket last night jeez i was so worked up i got in ahhh sorry for being a bother guys thanks for all your help you guys are all top notch sorry for wasting your time you guys are the best i wrote my new password in like 10 places so i WILL NOT EVER LOSE IT again thanks and sorry guys

Glad you sorted it out! Be more careful next time.

God this hopefully never happens again I most Definitely will be careful