Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:33

Sign in to follow this  
Daunikek

Emotions in dayzrp

Daunikek    0

God, i really hate it when my emotions in game spill out into my normal life. I feel terrible about what i almost did today. Like i feel pretty damn depressed about it to be honest. Does anybody else ever get this?

Flapjack    66

Honestly, no - I've never really felt this way. At least, not negatively. Even some of the horrendous decisions and actions I've made in-character; I do not allow them to depress me in my real life, as well - it shouldn't. In fact, the times when events in roleplay have affected me out-of-character to the point that it affects my emotions in real life - it's been positively.

TLake    23

I can say that some of the things I have done IC have gotten to me. Also what has been done to me IC has also effected me at times. I would say depending on what it is its just a sign of really good rp. We try to keep the two things apart, but at the end of the day we can't always keep our morals apart from what we do IG. I often sit back after a rp session and think about my character and come to the realization that if I met me in an apocalypse I wouldn't ask questions I would kill the sick fuck I have become. It's a very strange thing to wonder about ones morals and question if the actions in the game are a sign of a darker desire within ourselves to be evil.

We tortured someone today and I still feel bad about it.

He got the Indian burn of a lifetime and its really making me want to go back an apologize. And dont get me started on the chick, She was so nice and she got the worst of it. I thought Stew was gonna flick her nose clean off

but no man i never get that , mostly because i'm a cunt in real life and in game

Never felt it, well i dont get deppresed for mistakes irl too so it kinda grew into me :D

Lyca    680

No I strictly separate that. I would feel bad every day when I couldnt separate that. :D

But what happened... I cried when a few character died I really liked. :(

I kill at least one person a day, because the character I play, but how could you think about it IRL :D

Hebi Kotei    302

My RP requires me to keep my characters feelings separate from my own, or my judgement gets clouded, so I tend not to let this sort of thing happen for me.

Kerkkoh    44

I try to make my characters separated from myself, but I still can't play horrible characters because I just feel awful if I do something horrible in the game. Try to take your mind off of it somehow like doing physical exercise or reading a book.

Melvin    84

I tend to keep roleplay and real life sepearate.  Where I am taught,  it's one of the defining traits of a good actor, the ability to distance yourself from your characters.

however, during a robbery, if i feel like the roleplay isn't up to par, from me or from them, I'll often head to their teamspeak and share feedback. my way of coping. ;)

but no man i never get that , mostly because i'm a cunt in real life and in game

Legend.

No. I never get like that.

Yeah, I feel great, I usually hop out of my chair and dance away when I kill someone because I suck at PvP.

I mean sometimes you do stuff in game that you think why did I do that, but in all honesty I never carry emotions out of game because it usually isn't something I would do in real life.

Can't say I let IC dictate my OOC life. That would suck.

Keira    1045

If something emotional happens in RP, I am only effected by it the same way when there is a plot twist in a book or a movie. I do not let my IC and OOC emotions or actions dictate one another, however.

Happened a couple of times during a robbery, i feel bad about taking their stuff. Not much though :P

InZain08    3

Sometimes its hard to refrain from letting your emotions spill over from life into the game and vice versa. There have been a few occasions in the past where I had died in-game and I was mad about it for a while after that. I had to hit the gym to forget about it

McDugals    37

I mean I might get a bit salty if I die but I'm not sure if that is what you mean. But sometimes when someone says something funny, like really funny, I'll just laugh my ass off both IC and OOC.

Nah, this is a game, if I felt bad for each individual I kill, I would have no soul.

My character is just a complete asshole. He is everything I ever want to be and more. So no...I dont ever get emotional about what he says or does. I do get salty as fuck if i get KOSED or RDMed. It usually has to be deleted from my stream.

I used to have interpretation classes on my childhood, where we would train to make presentations and etc... One of the most used expressions was "Be your character". Because of this, sometimes, when I role-play a character too deeply I end up bringing his personality to Real Life. Sometimes it's funny when I actually get what I'm doing, and some of my friends already get it when I do it. It's something almost sub-conscious.

Dishes    159

No not really, I think I do a pretty good job at dividing RP from RL.

Ghoozovich    263

I like to think I do rather good job at keeping the two separate. What happens IC stays IC and especially the opposite. Except this one time I was peer pressured ingame to initiate on this poor shy dude and really felt bad for a few hours afterwards.