Server time: 2017-10-19, 18:27
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
shipwreck117

Anyone know a good recording software that doesnt lag my game?

Question

OK so I have OBS and Shadowplay but i have some issues with both.

OBS lags my game a lot and I cant turn up the gamma on Shadowplay when the game is dark, so when i go to edit i cant see anything. 

Im looking for a good and free software that doesnt lag my game and can allow me to turn the gamma up.

If anyone has any suggestions please help me out

9 answers to this question

Castiel    1124

Check out this thread, it provides several fixes for the gamma issue with Shadowplay recording 0.60. Let me know if any of those work for you!

Chance    48

Hey!

Many members of the community use Overwolf, which is an overlay extension software that allows you to record in-game footage. It also allows you to do multiple things that would often require you to tab-out of game, such as: the use of a web browser or an IM client.

If you would like to learn more about Overwolf and some of the features it has to offer, this 

may be of some use to you. 

Hope this has helped you out, if you have any more questions or queries regarding recording software, feel free to either send me a PM or hop-down to the Helpdesk on TeamSpeak.

Stradic    286

Don't hold me to this but i do believe obs gives you the option to increase gamma. If not though, i know you can use programs like sony vegas to put a gamma effect on the video which will brighten the video giving a similar effect if you turned gamma up in game.

If you are looking for another program though i would recommend ZD soft. I haven't used that program in a while though so I am unaware if it is compatible with 0.60.

Harry    18

I believe you have got already some good answers so i am going to mark this as solved. But ill keep it open so people can give you some other recording softwares that you could use.

/Solved

GaryCash    33

I had never heard of Overwolf before or ZD Soft, I've been looking for stuff as well that wouldn't effect the quality the game ran at currently

Thumper    0

I use OBS to record and stream my gameplay. If you are getting any kind of input lag from OBS, you have a setting wrong for your system. I even record to a USB external drive with zero input lag and my computer isnt very good.

Beni    864

Honestly mate.. It's Fraps. It's takes a very good PC to use this though.

mchl    0

Have you tried XSplit? Fraps also works quite well for taking small (30s-5m) clips, I use it on a not so recent PC without any lag.

MapleMooses    0

XSplit is pretty good,

but if you're lagging with OBS, maybe look up how to set your settings so everything runs smooth? Send me a PM if you want any help with that.