Server time: 2017-08-21, 02:53

Sign in to follow this  
Descendants

Thoughts on building a town in DayZRP

Would you like to see a town like this in DayzRP?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a town like this in DayzRP?

• This would be awesome to be a part of for RP
    • This sounds fun to attack for RP purposes
    • This would be boring
    • I would just raid the town for loot

Descendants    115

So when basebuilding comes out, I was thinking that it would be cool to make a town that everyone in the community works together on. People could set up shops and it would be like a safe haven. I was thinking something like WoodBury from the Walking Dead. Except that the town isn't corrupt and evil like in the series. Before entering the town you would have to clear your inventory of all weapons excluding a handgun, and melee weapons.  when you leave town you will get your weapons back. There will be gun vendors in the town but they will be in a completely different section of the base, away from all of the civilians. We would have farmers, teachers, doctors, mechanics, GUARDS, etc. There would be a gambling arena where you can fist fight other players, or use bats/tire irons/ brass knuckles, etc. The higher risk the higher reward. 

We would have a prison, if you act up in the town or start to cause problems you will be kicked out of town by our guards. If you do not comply after coming back or do not comply while being kicked out, then you will be put into our prison where you get nothing exept for food and scrubs. (Scrubs could act as prison clothes).  We would hire people to send out on patrols to gather loot and look for survivors who need help, It would be cool to have some people attack a patrol or two and start little bandit vs. town wars. 

We would have spaces that you can rent out in town as shops and/or houses. But you would not be allowed to store guns or explosives in these areas, and these spaces will be heavily monitored by guards. Anyone found with contraband would be placed in jail or removed from the settlement. the base will be split into two sections, one for civilians and cars, food, books, clothes, etc. and another for trading guns, explosives, etc.

All of this has been going through the majority of members heads for many, many months and when it does eventually come the staff team will create rules to implement for base building.

Possibilities are endless.

Thankfully no sky bases or concrete towers blotting the skylines, damn you Epoch.

Descendants    115

All of this has been going through the majority of members heads for many, many months and when it does eventually come the staff team will create rules to implement for base building.

Thankfully no sky bases or concrete towers blotting the skylines, damn you Epoch.

<3 Yea I have looked into it as well. It looks very promising. Could you please vote?

Wulfe    6

Well for starters there is a prison uniform with a cap that you can get at the prison island.

As nice a concept as it is I don't really know if it would work that well. Banning weapons in that area is a surefire way to ensure nobody goes there, I wouldn't turn over my weapons just so I could go in. Not only that but its a surefire way to get weapons stolen or mixed up by all the people moving in and out.

Also you can't really have an area heavily guarded because you would need players on almost 24-7 for said guard duty. Players who don't mind just sitting around and doing nothing.

This sort of thing has to come about organically. A few groups may construct bases in proximity for security, and handle law themselves but I doubt a town of that scale could be achieved. You don't want to just slap random rules on it to maintain a system like this otherwise it feels rigid and strict.

When base building is implemented (who knows when) we'll just have to see what people do with it.

Descendants    115

As nice a concept as it is I don't really know if it would work that well. Banning weapons in that area is a surefire way to ensure nobody goes there, I wouldn't turn over my weapons just so I could go in. Not only that but its a surefire way to get weapons stolen or mixed up by all the people moving in and out.

We would keep a log of who's weapon is who's

SatansNightOut    105

I like the idea of tickets. You turn in your weapon, they use a piece of paper + pen to write down your name, the gun model, and ammo count and stick it [the ticket] in a military tent next to the gun itself.

One day.

Nocheluz    104

Love the idea. I've seen some groups attempt something similar, but it never quite works out for long. But if it worked as you describe it, I'd love to visit and trade, maybe even have a little bungalow there :P

+Juan to this idea Descendants!

Wulfe    6

I guess so, you would have to be very specific all the way down to attachments and condition. You're bound to get multiple AK-74s with full mags but they might have different furniture or conditions. Might not be as much a problem for me though. I can't imagine many people will turn in an IZH-18.

It might work, you never know its one of those things you kind of have to try out and see what works and what doesn't. 

If guns were banned, it would be pretty interesting attempting to sneak in concealed weapons. Unless you handcuff everyone who comes in and search them (which seems excessive) you'd only be able to take the weapons you saw. Could lead to everybody walking around with concealed sidearms, or better, derringers.

Descendants    115

I guess so, you would have to be very specific all the way down to attachments and condition. You're bound to get multiple AK-74s with full mags but they might have different furniture or conditions. Might not be as much a problem for me though. I can't imagine many people will turn in an IZH-18.

It might work, you never know its one of those things you kind of have to try out and see what works and what doesn't. 

If guns were banned, it would be pretty interesting attempting to sneak in concealed weapons. Unless you handcuff everyone who comes in and search them (which seems excessive) you'd only be able to take the weapons you saw. Could lead to everybody walking around with concealed sidearms, or better, derringers.

Yea I wasnt thinking about handcuffing, I was thinking of like. Drop your vest, backpack, and shirt. What ever they keep in their pants they can keep. (Searching shirts is under debate)

Come on guys lets get more votes! tell your friends, tell friends of friends!

Descendants    115

Who ever said that they would attack the town just for loot, that is against the rules... -_-

Also, 144 views and 20 vote. Come on guys, gotta try harder than that :D

Unknown Entity    126

Who ever said that they would attack the town just for loot, that is against the rules... -_-

Also, 144 views and 20 vote. Come on guys, gotta try harder than that :D

I don't see where this is not allowed. A hostile group discovers your camp, they ant your supplies, they can come and provide RP whilst taking your stuff.

Your options on the vote are to precise I my eyes. A simple yes / no / other would be easier.

As for the idea: it sounds to me that you want to create a sort of safe zone. This won't happen, you will be attacked if the wrong people find yourlocation. The concept itself could be interesting and would require a heavy amount of trusted people to run. What happens when everyone in your group is offline? What o you do if some decide to abuse their position and take people's stuff once they give it? Why would people trust you with their much needed 5.56?

Descendants    115

I don't see where this is not allowed. A hostile group discovers your camp, they ant your supplies, they can come and provide RP whilst taking your stuff.

"JUST for the loot." As in NO RP wanted. But the details aren't ironed out yet mang. I got this, It will work dont worry ;)

Nerd Fury    1

Thank you thank you thank you! Finally someone who said so! 

I always roleplayed with myself in my mind (ikr sosad) when playing DayZ mod and the Epoch sky bases really broke the immersion.

I do hope they make the base building on DayZ SA like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JovDRIqi9QQ instead of the silly base building they have in the mod.

Anyways.. I do not think the turning in weapons is going to happen with many people. But perhaps, if they introduce SAFES or LOCKBOXES by that time, you can just have one room full of shelves with safes and lockboxes and have people pick an empty and open one, and then have people lock it with their code.

Wulfe    6

-snip-

Anyways.. I do not think the turning in weapons is going to happen with many people. But perhaps, if they introduce SAFES or LOCKBOXES by that time, you can just have one room full of shelves with safes and lockboxes and have people pick an empty and open one, and then have people lock it with their code.

Its not a bad idea, but I'm generally wary of anything that you can lock. While its possible in reality I found it really kind of takes the risk out of bases and vehicles (especially vehicles) when you can lock the doors and you can't get in without the key.  Then you don't really worry about people stealing your vehicles and you  need a full demo crew to get through into a base.

We have lock picks and I remember that soft skills were going to be implemented at some point. If you can use the lockpicks to actually pick locks and improve on it over time, I'll be fine with some sort of locking system.

Now having these lock-boxes as a sort of weapon storage for towns doesn't seem that bad of an idea, but you might as well make the rule "Don't open carry." If anybody has a private residence in their town it would likely be just as possible to store their weapons in their own places, which would seem safer.

Melvin    84

Nah. Locks are a horrible idea. It will be just like H1Z1 where where a clan will build an unbreakable wall with a locked door that block the doors off military installations, making everyone under the mercy of the most geared. Even if there are rules, bases can be blockaded and eventually, it will devolve into stash against stash, ruining the idea of rp.

Lockpicks however...might work.

-snip-

This.

If you wish to enter then you must hand over any weapons or sharp objects. Would be a cool concept!

Stradic    261

If I have understood you correctly you are looking to build a town with certain rules surrounding it.

Back in mod we had the trade post which server rules stated you could not kill, rob etc. basically anything hostile could not take place within the trade post unless a staff event occurred e.g. council attack. I personally enjoyed it as I found it a great way to learn IC about events that took place and other groups/factions that operated in the area, however, one problem that came with the trade post was many people would simply sit in there preventing bandit groups from performing any type of hostile action so don't be surprised if you have members being totally against this as they didn't enjoy a safe haven being in game as they find it to be unrealistic.

I do agree with them in the sense it is unrealistic to have a place in which hostile actions cannot occur which is why I agree with what staff did in that the trade post would only be open for a few hours at a time on weekends rather then 24/7 to prevent people simply sitting in it all day long.

snowman9852    9

I'm sorry but handing over your weapon will always be a no.. especially in this type of scenario we are role playing.. people don't want to be weaponless if the town is attacked plus all the people who will attack.. cause of the easy targets without that rule yeah i'll come and hang

Voted...I would LOVE it for RP. But as COW said.... the admins would have to make some rules. Or all this would be is a one stop shop for raiding and hostage taking. Or worse people blocking off military bases and spawn areas.....

How will you be able do it?

If you are able to do so, you must be a kind of Admin to check the data/logs (as you do when people are dying in the game, I hope you understand how I mean)

zoyo    66

I'd love to build a town based around trading and stuff. Reminds me of DayZ Epoch :)

Descendants    115

How will you be able do it?

If you are able to do so, you must be a kind of Admin to check the data/logs (as you do when people are dying in the game, I hope you understand how I mean)

lmao, not like game logs. but like with a pen and paper, write down who's weapon is who's.

My god, this thread's still going?

Alright.

In my personal opinion, a lot of towns were made and destroyed. There's Green Mountain, if it is accepted as a town, but I would prefer the word 'Outpost'. For a small time, it happened to Stary Sobor. For a long time, it happened in Zelenogorsk [Hail the ZBOR].

Kabanino is not up for debate.

Well, in the end, it's going to be destroyed anyway, but still. I feel like there should be a little more rules about these things, but I'm not sure at all what to suggest, since it is a complicated situation when you compare it to real life. For something like this to happen IRL, it would be like Woodbury in TWD. A LOT of guards 24/7, walls, defenses, supplies, etc... Things you still can't get the most of in DayZ (yet).

In the end, the concept is cool as fuck in and out of RP, and I would love to see more of it, but every single time it happens, some group needs to fuck it up because they are "THOSE GUYS" and they need to show that to everyone, so nobody will fuck with them. It's boring, but it makes sense. 

Anyway.

We need more Town RP? Yes

We need more rules for Town RP? Maybe. I think.

Should it be tried hard now? Nope (Not enough mechanics for it. If it is to become something great, wait for base building patch)

Should we at least try it? Yes, since it brings a lot of interesting RP to a single spot.

That's my honest opinion.